PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 34, Colts 27 - 5-0 Week 6 Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give a **** what anyone says the defense played well, especially with no Hightower and Sheard going out.

On another night they probably have 3-4 INTs wih the way the ball bounced. Butler could have 2 or 3 himself.

Michelle Tafoya to jones "You guys dont flinch do you ?" - Jones: Never.

I'll take the win but they can and will do better.

The D had a very good stretch after that first score and before that garbage TD.

The offense was hot most of the game but could not get much going in the last third of the game.

No unit played a complete game except maybe STs.

I think this is the worse the Pats have looked all year all things considered and they still won against what is one of the better teams in the NFL with giving them a gift pick 6.

I hope sheard and cannon are ok. I got a bad feeling with slater:(

Well, happy of course with the win but they went very conservative on both sides of the ball after going up 13. Not a big fan of what felt like playcalls in the playing not to lose playbook to be honest.

1. Defence was outstanding in the second half
  2. That was Dominique Easley's best game as a Patriot.
  3. Easley, Collins, Chandler Jones could be an outstanding pass rush formation if they're allowed to attack more.
  4. We did miss Hightower tonight. Didn't see much of Mayo unfortunately.
  5. Harmon/McCourty are a sneakily good safety combo.
  6. I said before the draft that Shaq Mason was the best technical interior lineman in the draft. When you see him pull like that, i'd suggest its hard to disagree.
  7. At least twice, Michael Williams lined up as a WR. That's a big WR :)
  8. 5-0 guys. Nothing more is needed.

Was anyone aware that Andrew Luck had a shoulder injury heading into this game? I heard Collinsworth kind of hint at it once, but he was vague about it. You'd think it would have been clearly addressed, at least once.

(Warning: This post may contain some sarcasm.)

Collinsworth's voice grates on me like nothing else. Terrible voice for broadcasting. That is the voice of a man who needs to be punched in the face.

1. Defence was outstanding in the second half
  2. That was Dominique Easley's best game as a Patriot.
  3. Easley, Collins, Chandler Jones could be an outstanding pass rush formation if they're allowed to attack more.
  4. We did miss Hightower tonight. Didn't see much of Mayo unfortunately.
  5. Harmon/McCourty are a sneakily good safety combo.
  6. I said before the draft that Shaq Mason was the best technical interior lineman in the draft. When you see him pull like that, i'd suggest its hard to disagree.
  7. At least twice, Michael Williams lined up as a WR. That's a big WR :)
  8. 5-0 guys. Nothing more is needed.

Plus, Indy has now lost TWICE to Brady this season. :D Maybe the Framegate nonsense will calm down now.

the unsung play of the game was not the dumb play by the colts...but the fact the pats didnt call timeout letting them no chance to rethink but executing on the fly. Iam sure bolden was as confused when they snapped the ball.

So does Bolden now have a sack to his name?

To go with Brown's sack on a WR in week 1. The weird ways to get a sack will make for some good facts come the end of the season.

Glad that we won. Offense seemed to be a bit out of it at the end of the game though. Not sure what was going on there. The injuries that were piling up sucked. Hopefully the guys can recover from them quickly. Defense definitely needs to tighten up. I got the sense that they were just way too hyped about this game and let that overwhelm them. Especially Brady. He looked pissed all game. Normally when one of his guys gets a TD he celebrates with them. Tonight he would just walk off the field and sit on the bench.

But someone said it in the other thread. That botched trick play to try and draw us off sides was well worth this game not being a blow out. I haven't laughed that hard in forever and seriously laughed for a good 15 minutes after.

deion/irvin are fine...

faulk keeps saying deflated. what a miserable human. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick