PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots would be wise to protect themselves from another Witch hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franchise12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Back in 2014 there was a nation wide call for Goodells head on a platter after his mishandling of the Ray Rice incident. "Deflategate" served as goodells path to restoring public confidence in his administration. Well... It appears that history is beginning to repeat itself. With the Josh Brown situation becoming a PR nightmare for the league office, I expect theyre salivating to show how tough they are on crime/violations. The patriots are polarizing enough for another framejob to work. So hopefully the patriots are prepared because even the smallest, most laughable thing will be blown out of porpotion and met with unprecedented sanctions.

Back in 2014 there was a nation wide call for Goodells head on a platter after his mishandling of the Ray Rice incident. "Deflategate" served as goodells path to restoring public confidence in his administration. Well... It appears that history is beginning to repeat itself. With the Josh Brown situation becoming a PR nightmare for the league office, I expect theyre salivating to show how tough they are on crime/violations. The patriots are polarizing enough for another framejob to work. So hopefully the patriots are prepared because even the smallest, most laughable thing will be blown out of porpotion and met with unprecedented sanctions.

I'm thinking that Goodell is seen as so untrustworthy and dishonest, that if he tried a DeflateGate II, it would be seen for the false flag "Wag the Dog" scenario that it is.

The Pats may be hated, but I think most honest observers now see DeflateGate for the witch hunt that it was, and it is too fresh on people's memories to succeed a second time.

They've gone to that well 1 times too many. If they come after them again they better have demonstrable proof that would hold up in a court of law and none of this more probable than not nonsense.

Because
1) It's been done too much and too severe and even Kraft has his limits
2) Other fans would be calling for some type of "death penalty" system
3) Might not even work on another team because of how many people know this is all BS

They've gone to that well 1 times too many. If they come after them again they better have demonstrable proof that would hold up in a court of law and none of this more probable than not nonsense.

Because
3) Might not even work on another team because of how many people know this is all BS

Your logic on 1 & 2 makes sense. I'm not convinced that Goodell is smart enough for #3. I can see him thinking, "I need to protect the shield, i.e. me, but I can't get the Patriots this time as I really pushed the limits last time. Who can I get instead?"

Prediction, if there is another conveniently-timed scandal and it doesn't involve the Patriots, it will be the Seahawks.
1) the league office doesn't like Pete Carroll, not as badly as BB but they hate how he thumbs his nose at them too,
2) they've already busted them for OTA violations 3 times recently,
3) they're not one of the NFL's favored teams (the old-time NFL teams who still has old-guard ownership, plus the Jets, i.e. "the good ole boys network"),
4) Paul Allen is an absentee owner who will likely roll over and do nothing as absentee owners are wont to do,
5) the Seahawks have been too successful for too long in today's NFL,
6) many fans dislike the Seahawks based on their players, playing style and coach, so this plays in

Don't need to. No evidence is needed. A lot of fans for some bizarre reason believe the NFL is only right when they say the Patriots are cheaters.

Because
The other problem would be if they went after the Patriots again you are right about the death penalty thing, I mean Payton did get suspended for a year... They could not make any kind of significant distraction against the Pats without also illegitimately going nuclear on the punishment. NFL House of cards could come down.

The NFL has manufactured issues on

Spygate
Deflategate
Bountygate
Rowdylockerroomtalkgate

If those clowns decide to go after someone in the league, there's essentially nothing to stop them.

Because
I hope the NFL does witch hunt another team next. Partly because odds are that the owner, management and fans of that team were calling for blood in deflategate, and partly because it will help spread the perspective that will vindicate the Pats when we look back at it all: that the league was in the habit of inventing trumped up ********.

To anybody who believes that Kraft will ever stand up for his team or its fans in a dispute with the POS, I haver some prime Florida real estate 10 mile west of my home. The gators and pythons are friendly too.

Same Kraft that was recently sucking up to ESPN, on air...?

The other problem would be if they went after the Patriots again you are right about the death penalty thing, I mean Payton did get suspended for a year... They could not make any kind of significant distraction against the Pats without also illegitimately going nuclear on the punishment. NFL House of cards could come down.
That's what worries me most, not that players have much power anymore anyways but...coaches union can't do **** in court. I don't understand why they haven't gone after Bill yet unless he has the dirt on them. In which case, I don't know why he hasn't used it.

He destroyed the tablet!!!!

Someone good on Photoshop please help me

MS SURFACE IS SOOOO ARCHAIC!!!

moses+calf.jpg

Last edited:
That's what worries me most, not that players have much power anymore anyways but...coaches union can't do **** in court. I don't understand why they haven't gone after Bill yet unless he has the dirt on them. In which case, I don't know why he hasn't used it.

BB is not in the coaches union.

It sounds all well and good to protect yourself but I think the bigger question is how? The thing deflategate slammed home for me is there are a million things the league could get them on and the idiots who signed that **** CBA along with the mental midgets in CA2 and 8 have made it so they don't even really need proof to get them with. Gotohell can literally make it up as he goes and because of reasons (Article 46, Integrity@) it will be upheld. That was the scariest part of that **** ruling, they confirmed basic rights like proof don't matter because the neutral arbitrator can be negotiated as judge, jury, and excecutioner. I do think gotohell would be massacred in the press if he went to that well again so soon but if he wanted to? I firmly believe he could and there is nothing the pats can do about it.

Someone good on Photoshop please help me

MS SURFACE IS SOOOO ARCHAIC!!!

moses+calf.jpg

This is not an accurate representation of what Moses did.

You are implying BB did it on purpose.

All BB did was try to put the Surface in a safe place and it slipped out of his hands.

It was purely accidental- just like Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST