PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots would be wise to protect themselves from another Witch hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2014 there was a nation wide call for Goodells head on a platter after his mishandling of the Ray Rice incident. "Deflategate" served as goodells path to restoring public confidence in his administration. Well... It appears that history is beginning to repeat itself. With the Josh Brown situation becoming a PR nightmare for the league office, I expect theyre salivating to show how tough they are on crime/violations. The patriots are polarizing enough for another framejob to work. So hopefully the patriots are prepared because even the smallest, most laughable thing will be blown out of porpotion and met with unprecedented sanctions.
I agree with the sentiment you are expressing, but how do you protect yourself against a witch hunt when you've already been doing nothing wrong, and you did nothing wrong last January, but all that nonsense flared up anyway?

I mean, a guy going to the bathroom was elevated to the crime of the century because of the NFL's lies and deceit. How do you guard against that?

He destroyed the tablet!!!!
Brady destroyed his phone in private... and got 4 games. Public Display Bill is screwwwwwwwwwwwwed

I agree with the sentiment you are expressing, but how do you protect yourself against a witch hunt when you've already been doing nothing wrong, and you did nothing wrong last January, but all that nonsense flared up anyway?

I mean, a guy going to the bathroom was elevated to the crime of the century because of the NFL's lies and deceit. How do you guard against that?
MSM = Main Street Media

If ratings continue to go down, the media will have less want to be with the NFL*. It's all about money and power. If the money goes, so will the power and the NFL* won't be able to control the narrative.

I'm thinking that Goodell is seen as so untrustworthy and dishonest, that if he tried a DeflateGate II, it would be seen for the false flag "Wag the Dog" scenario that it is.

The Pats may be hated, but I think most honest observers now see DeflateGate for the witch hunt that it was, and it is too fresh on people's memories to succeed a second time.

When non pats fans argue with me on other forums or in general.. most of them bring up deflategate but knowing that its complete BS... but they think its funny that we got screwed.

It would just seem ridiculous at this point.
The utter, unacceptable ridiculousness officially began in '07 with the camera location farce, which Kraft responded to in the opposite fashion he should have ("We're so sorry, we damaged the league, I have so much respect for my fellow owners" etc.) all when Myra was still alive. The latest indications are, that Robert is just now beginning to grasp what the reality has been since...the AFL-NFL merger.

I do not know if this has him on the road to realizing he was a sheep from the start, as we, the Patriots, were James Busch Orthwein's little experiment, as he dabbled in team ownership for a year or two here before deciding it wasn't for him after selling to Kraft. To this day, we remain Orthwein's guinea pigs, dressed up in his silly clown suits. As soon as they start handing out muskets to the players, I'll consider the blue jerseys, otherwise...

It sounds all well and good to protect yourself but I think the bigger question is how? The thing deflategate slammed home for me is there are a million things the league could get them on and the idiots who signed that **** CBA along with the mental midgets in CA2 and 8 have made it so they don't even really need proof to get them with. Gotohell can literally make it up as he goes and because of reasons (Article 46, Integrity@) it will be upheld. That was the scariest part of that **** ruling, they confirmed basic rights like proof don't matter because the neutral arbitrator can be negotiated as judge, jury, and excecutioner. I do think gotohell would be massacred in the press if he went to that well again so soon but if he wanted to? I firmly believe he could and there is nothing the pats can do about it.
I cannot count how many times the Raiders sued the league-they also joined in the USFL suit as well.

Al Davis was inexorably against the league and his fellow sheep owners since the consummation of the merger. Everybody knew who the bad guys were in the sixties, and they came out of it in charge.

Robert Kraft, along with anybody who was paying attention, had more than enough ammunition to, if not be instant enemies, at least be cognizant of extreme, unjustified league bias against the Patriots, and be prepared to defend the franchise, from the moment he bought the team.

Instead, he's spent decades living in a dream world.

So, what can the Patriots, specifically Kraft, do? How about grow a pair. Attack the league - and by default, the media - for fraudulent accusations, decisions, punishments and corrupt behavior. Just tell the f***ing truth. I know it's hard to admit you've been wrong, especially over something you've cared about most of your life, but it is NOT too late.

When non pats fans argue with me on other forums or in general.. most of them bring up deflategate but knowing that its complete BS... but they think its funny that we got screwed.
Having been victims of it so many times, I've never accepted another team being unfairly treated, and screwed. Even if it were the Giants.

It pains me to say it, but the OP's warning is smart and correct, and anyone saying it can't or won't happen again is absolutely wrong.

--The public hates the Pats more than ever

--The league, and Goodell, are in hot water again

--The public sides with the league over the Pats, so going after the Pats helps them

--The courts have ruled that the league can do whatever it wants regarding "discipline"

It sounds ridiculous to say but it's true. The threat is real.

The Pats' turn is over. Another successful franchise is gonna take a hit. Let's see. After spygate, it was the Saints. Then Adrian Peterson. Then Pats again. Saints suck now. Cowboys have a party bus, so they're out. Packers suck. Broncos are in the club. Ravens suck.

Crap. It's the Pats's turn again.

Not to bring current political event into it, but boy, would I LOVE for the Wikileaks guys to do the NFL dirty.

It's like a wet dream for me personally. Ooops, gotta go take care of something...I'll be back in 20 seconds.

:D

Last edited:
I think they (NFL)want Belichick bad.I remember reading that BB has one more violation and he could be banned from coaching. He was the target initially in deflategate but when the day to day logistics of handling the football didnt align with BB's job responibilities the league backed off him and asked Brady to absorb the blame and make it all go away. The problem was brady has the integrity the league wishes they had and he refused to play their games. So to be more specific than my OP, BB most of all needs to protect himself because if the NFL successfully romoves him from coaching they would have accomplished 2 things. They would fix their PR disaster and it would be the quickest way to force parity on a ball club that has DOMINATED the NFL for 16 years.

It's sad but you cannot protect yourself from a witch hunt. Logic and reason fall by the wayside. You will drown if you are innocent and god forbid you can actually swim........burned at the stake. It's befitting that we are a new england team I suppose smh.

I think they (NFL)want Belichick bad.I remember reading that BB has one more violation and he could be banned from coaching. He was the target initially in deflategate but when the day to day logistics of handling the football didnt align with BB's job responibilities the league backed off him and asked Brady to absorb the blame and make it all go away. The problem was brady has the integrity the league wishes they had and he refused to play their games. So to be more specific than my OP, BB most of all needs to protect himself because if the NFL successfully romoves him from coaching they would have accomplished 2 things. They would fix their PR disaster and it would be the quickest way to force parity on a ball club that has DOMINATED the NFL for 16 years.
I think BB has something on the NYFL, perhaps the reason they destroyed the tape/film in 2007....

Just a hunch......

To anybody who believes that Kraft will ever stand up for his team or its fans in a dispute with the POS, I have some prime Florida real estate 10 miles west of my home. The gators and pythons are friendly too.

So you're saying that Kraft would
1) Stamp his feet, fulminate and demand an apology
2) After meeting with league owners accept whatever punishment meekly

Such an about face could never hapen

I do think gotohell would be massacred in the press if he went to that well again so soon but if he wanted to? I firmly believe he could and there is nothing the pats can do about it.

I'm certain many of us can think of several "foolproof" ways that the NFL* can take Brady away again. I'm not going to list them here because it might give some mental midget at 345 Park Avenue a bad idea .:mad:

The NFL has manufactured issues on

Spygate
Deflategate
Bountygate
Rowdylockerroomtalkgate

If those clowns decide to go after someone in the league, there's essentially nothing to stop them.
One heartening thing about the current coverage is the overwhelming assessment that the Deflategate case was fraudulent when comparing it to Josh Brown's domestic violence case. Deflategate is now generally seen as a negative for Goodell.

So you're saying that Kraft would
1) Stamp his feet, fulminate and demand an apology
2) After meeting with league owners accept whatever punishment meekly

Such an about face could never hapen
You have to wonder how Jerry Jones would have handled it had Deflategate been about the Cowboys.

You have to wonder how Jerry Jones would have handled it had Deflategate been about the Cowboys.
Since JJ is not a footstool for the POS and flunky for Rooney and Mara, I bet he would have actually stood up for his most important employees rather than caving pathetically. I think he puts his team and its fans ahead of the POS and Shield unlike the Pats owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back