PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots would be wise to protect themselves from another Witch hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hold out hope that the owners might decide that THIS is the time to get rid of Goodell to "send a message" about Domestic Violence - though in reality it would have nothing to do with that

The owners will need a new CBA and negotiations will not go well with Goodell on one side of the table - especially with declining ratings

They might as well kill two birds with one stone, posture "tough" on Domestic Violence but give a new Commissioner a little time to adjust to the job before CBA negotiations

The only way to avoid it is to start losing. Nothing else will appease or deter Hitler and the other 31. Robert Neville Chamberlain Kraft wouldn't want to get bounced from the club.

Back in 2014 there was a nation wide call for Goodells head on a platter after his mishandling of the Ray Rice incident. "Deflategate" served as goodells path to restoring public confidence in his administration. Well... It appears that history is beginning to repeat itself. With the Josh Brown situation becoming a PR nightmare for the league office, I expect theyre salivating to show how tough they are on crime/violations. The patriots are polarizing enough for another framejob to work. So hopefully the patriots are prepared because even the smallest, most laughable thing will be blown out of porpotion and met with unprecedented sanctions.

Protect themselves how? Goodell literally changed the laws of physics in "deflategate" and the corrupt as H*ll NY courts ratified it. How exactly do you protect yourself against that?

I'm thinking that Goodell is seen as so untrustworthy and dishonest, that if he tried a DeflateGate II, it would be seen for the false flag "Wag the Dog" scenario that it is.

The Pats may be hated, but I think most honest observers now see DeflateGate for the witch hunt that it was, and it is too fresh on people's memories to succeed a second time.

It doesn't matter. The draft picks etc. were cheered even by people who, deep down, knew it was BS. He gains popularity in 44 of 50 states... well counting all of Connecticut. (Really 44.5 out of 50.)

The NFL has manufactured issues on

Spygate
Deflategate
Bountygate
Rowdylockerroomtalkgate

If those clowns decide to go after someone in the league, there's essentially nothing to stop them.

Bingo

Same Kraft that was recently sucking up to ESPN, on air...?

I actually can understand that. It is just business as business is done. Like him kowtowing with Putin several years ago does not mean he is a KGB sympathizer or whatever.

That's what worries me most, not that players have much power anymore anyways but...coaches union can't do **** in court. I don't understand why they haven't gone after Bill yet unless he has the dirt on them. In which case, I don't know why he hasn't used it.

I know why. If he uses it the threat that he might use it goes away. Say he has pictures of Goodell having sex with a chicken. If he gives those to Mike Reese then anything they would not do to him for fear he might release those pictures gets done.

MSM = Main Street Media

If ratings continue to go down, the media will have less want to be with the NFL*. It's all about money and power. If the money goes, so will the power and the NFL* won't be able to control the narrative.
Will NBC and Disney/ABC/ESPN try to recoup lost ratings by trashing the NFL? I don't think so, but I have not thought it through.

When non pats fans argue with me on other forums or in general.. most of them bring up deflategate but knowing that its complete BS... but they think its funny that we got screwed.
Same here.

It's sad but you cannot protect yourself from a witch hunt. Logic and reason fall by the wayside. You will drown if you are innocent and god forbid you can actually swim........burned at the stake. It's befitting that we are a new england team I suppose smh.
BINGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye