PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots want to bring back Akiem Hicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the fact that Branch started 17/18 games this year, while Hicks only racked up 27 percent of the defensive reps, I think it's safe to say that the club seems to value Branch's role.

Hicks' snap numbers went up when Easy went down. He was playing as much as Branch towards the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Or he likes NE and they work out a deal before March 7th

Maybe. But it would be stupid to not at least see what your market is out there and come back to the pats to talk about what is out there before telling anyone else what your plans are

i thought Hicks was a beast.....a steal....btw chris jones is a goner....

Supposedly the draft is deep at DE/DT as well. It would not surprise me if they picked up a DT the was best available in the early rounds and let Branch move on and save some dough. With that said I like Branch right here.

A bird in the hand...Branch was an unsung hero this year. When a Wilfork fan boy like me has praise...He is a stopper and he was a rusher too.

As far as Hicks goes, BB is on record that he covets athletic huge men because there are only so many on the planet. Let's roll with our luck in finding this solid middle and sign em. Withe Malcom and [hopefully] a healthy Easley, it's big time value IMO.

If you need to go hunting again, you could pick up a Steve Martin. why chance it? - sign the beasts!

A bird in the hand...Branch was an unsung hero this year. When a Wilfork fan boy like me has praise...He is a stopper and he was a rusher too.

As far as Hicks goes, BB is on record that he covets athletic huge men because there are only so many on the planet. Let's roll with our luck in finding this solid middle and sign em. Withe Malcom and [hopefully] a healthy Easley, it's big time value IMO.

Hear hear!

If you need to go hunting again, you could pick up a Steve Martin. why chance it? - sign the beasts!

Steve Martin...gawd.

Steve Martin...gawd

But Steve always offered all his best.

103451133_3bb2b95e0c.jpg

As much as I would like hicks back, I think someone else is going to give him more money

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

This is the time of year when contracts are pursued/negotiated/earned and market buzz/value/discounting is king. So while normally media reports are just plain unreliable, right now they are less authentic than a Roger Goodell press conference followed up by ESPN commentary.

This 'report' could be Hicks' agent planting the seed with potential interested suitors that he already has demand. As well this report could be a Patriots' plant to signal to other potential free agent targets that the Patriots have other options they are considering. It further could be the slow news time of the year showing its ugly head -- where at a party someone said "the Patriots might pursue Hicks" and the story morphed into the Patriots trying to bring back Hicks.
Those explanations are just as plausible if not more than someone connected and in the know with the Patriots inner circle saying 'pssst, don't tell anyone but we are pursuing a re-sign with Hicks'.

Yeah, really! "Oh, we're losing Wilfork who's getting old anyway? NBD we'll just nab Easley low in the first due to injury concerns, we'll draft Brown after the Colts inexplicably pass on him, trade for Hicks for a woefully average TE2, and easily acquire Branch because he drank too much in Buffalo (who doesn't?)"
What can be accomplished when you're patient and always looking and evaluating.

The corner back position is even more amazing IMO. Not as strong, but the gambled and dumped people, did not spend high picks [CB and DT are high pick positions IMO] and got a bit lucky with health and Ryan.

This is the time of year when contracts are pursued/negotiated/earned and market buzz/value/discounting is king. So while normally media reports are just plain unreliable, right now they are less authentic than a Roger Goodell press conference followed up by ESPN commentary.

This 'report' could be Hicks' agent planting the seed with potential interested suitors that he already has demand. As well this report could be a Patriots' plant to signal to other potential free agent targets that the Patriots have other options they are considering. It further could be the slow news time of the year showing its ugly head -- where at a party someone said "the Patriots might pursue Hicks" and the story morphed into the Patriots trying to bring back Hicks.
Those explanations are just as plausible if not more than someone connected and in the know with the Patriots inner circle saying 'pssst, don't tell anyone but we are pursuing a re-sign with Hicks'.

I think you nailed that one. Whoever leaked, it's the mating dance of the favored free agent. I'm sure Hicks will get a look from others. I'm also sure that there's 31 other teams with talented players they need to pay, or risk losing.

As much as i like Hicks, and teams like our players, not every team is going to break the bank for a little used back up. We're the ones who watched him every week. He's not the only "sign the beast" candidate for 31 other teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats offer a competitive deal and he likes it here and has a short memory of how it feels to be in a bad fit situation elsewhere. Our much maligned owner runs a firstclass operation and it's not hype when you hear players everywhere remark on that. they might say it about Cleveland, but they'd have to stifle a laugh.

I think you nailed that one. Whoever leaked, it's the mating dance of the favored free agent. I'm sure Hicks will get a look from others. I'm also sure that there's 31 other teams with talented players they need to pay, or risk losing.

As much as i like Hicks, and teams like our players, not every team is going to break the bank for a little used back up. We're the ones who watched him every week. He's not the only "sign the beast" candidate for 31 other teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats offer a competitive deal and he likes it here and has a short memory of how it feels to be in a bad fit situation elsewhere. Our much maligned owner runs a firstclass operation and it's not hype when you hear players everywhere remark on that. they might say it about Cleveland, but they'd have to stifle a laugh.

Aptly put. Mating dance is exactly what it is. Two sides jockeying for position. And while most would say BB probably can't dance one can be sure he is extremely 'Mating Dance' With The Stars capable.....

I would be estatic if the stud dt from Ucla fell to us at #60.

I would be estatic if the stud dt from Ucla fell to us at #60.

That would mean the Pats would have used their top pick on a DT three years in a row, and their top pick on a front-7 player five years in a row. That's almost Rex Ryan-esque.

Maybe it's time to show the offense some love?

I really hope we keep Hicks. As I am not confident on Easley lasting a whole season plus playoffs, we really need Hicks. I wonder what this will mean for Siliga and Chris Jones then?

As much as I would like hicks back, I think someone else is going to give him more money

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
I think Hicks has a good memory of just how bad things can be in the wrong place. So I hope he will decide to accept a reasonable contract from the Pats.

I think Hicks has a good memory of just how bad things can be in the wrong place. So I hope he will decide to accept a reasonable contract from the Pats.
he could also look at that experience and think "NFL careers are short, I need to get payed now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back