PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots want to bring back Akiem Hicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
he could also look at that experience and think "NFL careers are short, I need to get payed now"

I think this is how most view it. It can be the dumb move but the more they get the sooner they get it tends to be the general tendency.

he could also look at that experience and think "NFL careers are short, I need to get payed now"
Yep.

I think the Pats will step up and pay fair market value for Hicks. What they won't do is pay more than the $ they have in mind for him.

If only the salaty cap would increase a little so we could keep a player like Hicks. Wishful thinking I guess. ;)

I think this is how most view it. It can be the dumb move but the more they get the sooner they get it tends to be the general tendency.

The good thing about that is, the players who only think like that are not the players we want on the team. Of course, we go after superior players in their prime like Seymour or Mankins. As soon as they aren't, they can chase the dollars elsewhere.

Lot of players in bad situations don't want that to happen again. That's worth some dollars to a lot of players to play in a professionally run, winning organization.

If only the salaty cap would increase a little so we could keep a player like Hicks. Wishful thinking I guess. ;)

A cap increase won't change how they pay him, they will set a value and won't go over it by much regardless. If 3 million per is their bar they may go to 3.1 or 3.2 but they aren't going to 3.5-4 because other teams will. I want Hicks back but it's likely his agent is telling him to test the market and another team will overpay him. Fortunately DL is the deepest position on the team so out won't create a big need they have to fill, but it will still suck to lose him as be was a great find during the season.

Yep.

I think the Pats will step up and pay fair market value for Hicks. What they won't do is pay more than the $ they have in mind for him.
Exactly. He can get paid here. If he wants to get paid crazy money it won't be here.

Question is, how much will it take to be enough? I'm saying he's smart enough to know that money isn't the only thing to consider. So the Pats might offer enough without necessarily offering the most.

Exactly. He can get paid here. If he wants to get paid crazy money it won't be here.

Question is, how much will it take to be enough? I'm saying he's smart enough to know that money isn't the only thing to consider. So the Pats might offer enough without necessarily offering the most.

Yep. My guess is that Hicks will hit FA and will field offers for his services.

We don't know for a fact if he liked it here but based on things that he has said he did.

My gut tells me he will have an open dialogue with the Pats and field their offer or work with them. He'd be a fool not to

I personally have no problem with players going for all the money they can- as long as it's for the right reasons.

His agent, Frank Murtha is good buddies with Steve Bartman. LOL.

Too much talk for a guy who played 1/4 of the defensive reps and has good depth in front of him.

Losing rotational players who looked good at times sucks, but you'd think he's the second coming of Seymour judging by some of the comments.

If he wants to sign for 2.5m dollars a year, great. If not, we'll have to find another bigger bodied lineman who can tackle.

Not surprising the Belichick recognizes Hicks' high upside. If Hicks returns I think he'll win a starting job out of training camp.
Yep. Unless the make more moves, Hicks, Brown, Branch and perhaps Kitchen are the fatties in 2016.

As much as I would like hicks back, I think someone else is going to give him more money

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

This might be the best DT draft class ever. I think that'll suppress the price of non-elite FAs at the position.

Another wrinkle that I would add into the new CBA, if I was The players is to eliminate the playoff bonuses and just extend the players regular game checks. It would greatly improve playoff teams chances of signing FA. The players get screwed during the playoffs, you get something like a weekly check of $22,000 if you play in a wild card game, then $32,000 for the division round, $44,000 for the championship. Last year each Pat's player took home $165,000 in total for winning the Super Bowl. A nice payday for me and you, but it's actually a serious cut in pay to what most of the Pat's would have made for 3 regular season games.

Revis got paid @ $1.25 million a game last year, yet he played 3 games in the playoffs for a poultry $55,000 a game. A guy who makes 1 million a year gets $62,500 a regular season game, so even if his team wins the Super Bowl, he is still losing money under the current system.

Granted the owners would take a huge financial hit, currently they pay the players around $9.7 million in salary each week of the regular season, BUT in the playoffs that amount goes down to a little less than 3 million! and of course in the playoffs the ticket prices go up. So Kraft makes millions more playing in the playoffs than he does during the regular season. If you figure out the Pat's have played almost 40 playoff games in the BB/Brady era, and in that time Kraft has made at the very minimum and additional 240 million dollars (said with pinky finger on the side of the mouth).

The owners would never go for it, but imagine if Mevis had to take something like this into consideration when choosing between the Pat's and the Jets. He would easily make an additional 2-3 game checks every year with the Pat's, which would amount to a salary difference of almost 4 million dollars more.

Hope the Bears arent planning on breaking the bank for him.
I dont know if Hicks has any loyalty to this organization or is just looking to get paid or if he even enjoyed it here.
Anyone have any insight?

Granted the owners would take a huge financial hit, currently they pay the players around $9.7 million in salary each week of the regular season, BUT in the playoffs that amount goes down to a little less than 3 million! and of course in the playoffs the ticket prices go up. So Kraft makes millions more playing in the playoffs than he does during the regular season. If you figure out the Pat's have played almost 40 playoff games in the BB/Brady era, and in that time Kraft has made at the very minimum and additional 240 million dollars (said with pinky finger on the side of the mouth).

Not really.

NFL Playoffs Are Not A Road To Riches For Teams

Hicks is probably gone... Someone will pay him more than the Pats will.

Yea. Some a-hole team will overpay. Hicks is great here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back