PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for Carolina DE Kony Ealy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's definitely what it is, but trading up from 72 to 64 seems borderline negligible compared to having a capable body at DE. Even if I didn't think he was good, I'd still think it was a good deal for us.
You're right, but they just brought in several DEs, so I guess they thought he was an extra guy and they'd rather get a little value and just focus on their new guys. Dunno.

I guess that means no jared odrick?

The days of light footed, "graceful" DE's like Chandler Jones around here (who fade out when winter hits) are done.

Ealy and Flowers are two strong mother f***ers.

What I don't get is why Carolina would do this...the new DC must like Addison?

I mean, they gave Ealy away.

Credit to Loyko for calling this one!

Not a downer. Just saying he's not worth a second rounder.
This guy is a quality defensive end,big strong,with a high motor. What we usually get for a second round pick is a short slow defensive back no one has ever heard of like tavon wilson or Richards.

Last edited:
Right, like getting another year of Sheard...for UNDER $1m.

At this point, i have to conclude that you're either trolling for giggles or are under the age of 12.

Yeah, I'm totally fine with the Sheard comp. If he gives us exactly what Sheard gave us in 2016, this will be a good deal.

Difference between 64 and 72 is small enough that as long as he can wear a uniform and be on the field while Ninkovich takes a breather every once in awhile, I'll be happy. If he can actually play, all the better.

It's not paying a second if you receive a third that's only 8 spots lower in return.

Do you think that one of those 8 guys taken in that span of picks will somehow be guaranteed to be better than Kony Ealy? I don't understand.

Uhhh, yeah....no kidding, that's why he came with a 3rd round pick that's 8 spots away. What are you missing about that?

If you don't think he's worth moving down 8 spots, fair enough, but at least be accurate about it.

I wouldn't say that. Still on the table. I wouldn't turn him down for the right deal but also I would be fine with them drafting a guy in the first or 3rd and going with those 4 players. Adding Odrick and drafting a guy is an option too.

Last edited:
It's basically like going after sheard. Too inconsistent when it comes to rushing the passer. In a draft full of pass rusher we go after a guy that has been dissapointing.

It's going after a guy who has shown upside. Maybe another flowers or maybe another sheard but worth the 5th to find out even if it's from a depth perspective.

The days of light footed, "graceful" DE's like Chandler Jones around here (who fade out when winter hits) are done.

Ealy and Flowers are two strong mother f***ers.

That's who he reminds me off too both can rush inside and out.

Maybe, not necessarily. Odrick would be more of a DT for us, guy weighs 300 pounds. He's closer to Richard Seymour than Rob Ninkovich in body type and style of play - 3/4 DE or 4/3 DT, but not really a 4/3 DE

They moved down 8 spots from #64 to #72. It was excellent value. Ealy had 3 sacks, a forced fumble, and a pick in the Super Bowl.

To take it one step further, we just filled a huge need at DE for peanuts. What don't you like about this deal?

So we going to go crazy over that one game? Potential. He has potential. I basically see this as sheard coming to new england to play.

Big **** Bill strikes again god damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back