PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to meet with Nick Fairley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short term deal to rehabilitate his career in NE.

Does Fairley want to come to a team that drafted a defensive tackle with both of its last first-round draft picks?

Brown-Branch-Fairley-Easley would be a pretty impressive rotation.
It depends what Fairley's motivations are. Is he interested in a possible Super Bowl run, rehabbing whatever image he has by performing for the Patriots or is he looking for a pay day? Frankly, I'm stunned he's still available as he's been one of my on the quiet hopes.

Does Fairley want to come to a team that drafted a defensive tackle with both of its last first-round draft picks?
Depends what they offer him, I guess. Sounds like they made a competitive offer to Hicks, more than the two years he got from Chicago but less $$$ per year. If they made that kind of offer to Fairley they could be competitive for him.

that waste of space albert haynesworth says hello
Lol, I did say "help him"... They can do what they can but it ultimately still falls on the player. However, I would hope that a young man would be more motivated playing for Bill Belichick than he would under Jim Caldwell or Jeff Fisher.

Does saying "I am going to meet with the Patriots" before you meet with the Patriots and they tell you the first rule about meeting with the Patriots disqualify you from meeting with the Patriots?

It depends what Fairley's motivations are. Is he interested in a possible Super Bowl run, rehabbing whatever image he has by performing for the Patriots or is he looking for a pay day? Frankly, I'm stunned he's still available.
He has motivation issues from time to time like Moss had. And, like Moss, he's a force at his position when he IS properly motivated. He's probably thinking he can showcase himself in New England on a one year deal then cash out next offseason. Whatever. I'll take it.

Im sure Long has insight on Fairley and what kind of player he can be.
On a side note am I the only one who wants Long to wear his Dads number?
Long said on Twitter that he is wearing #95.

Chris Long ‏@JOEL9ONE 9h9 hours ago
Chris Long Retweeted rooney

May be 95. Not much available. Just got the blessing from Chan. What ya think?
1f534.png
26aa.png
1f535.png
GO PATS!

that waste of space albert haynesworth says hello
It is incredible…BB and his magical powers. He can eliminate fans' memories of garbage vets that washed out in the Pats system.

He has motivation issues from time to time like Moss had. And, like Moss, he's a force at his position when he IS properly motivated. He's probably thinking he can showcase himself in New England on a one year deal then cash out next offseason. Whatever. I'll take it.
I mean, Hicks just did exactly that, and Fairley would literally be Hicks' replacement. If he came in and performed like Hicks did for one year, it's reasonable to believe he could be paid like Hicks this time next year.

Watching Hicks last year, I could see him getting to Fairley's (good Fairley's) level. At least that's what I thought before he went to Chicago. In Chicago, he'll disappear.

The guy can be a beast if you keep him motivated. The problem is he was often not motivated in Detriot.

The problem is he was often not motivated in Detriot

Can't really blame him. Detroit has made two all time greats retire in their prime.

It depends what Fairley's motivations are. Is he interested in a possible Super Bowl run, rehabbing whatever image he has by performing for the Patriots or is he looking for a pay day? Frankly, I'm stunned he's still available as he's been one of my on the quiet hopes.

I see this as the benefit of losing guys like Ayers, Casillas, Hicks, Talib, etc..... It has to be obvious to players and agents around the league that New England is the best place to go when your career is faltering and you want to get it back on track and make some money before it is over prematurely. I'm guessing the lack of big money long term offers has Fairleys agent advising him that taking a short term deal in New England and playing well is his best hope of getting a longer deal with significantly more money. I would like like to see a two year deal because the Patriots have major deals to get done this coming season but if one year is all they will do that's ok.

Can't really blame him. Detroit has made two all time greats retire in their prime.

And those are just the ones we know about.........

It is incredible…BB and his magical powers. He can eliminate fans' memories of garbage vets that washed out in the Pats system.

Plenty of 'fans' that seem to only remember the negative.

And really what was Belichick thinking wasting that 5th round draft pick on a player with no upside whatsoever? Just a terrible decision.

I see this as the benefit of losing guys like Ayers, Casillas, Hicks, Talib, etc..... It has to be obvious to players and agents around the league that New England is the best place to go when your career is faltering and you want to get it back on track and make some money before it is over prematurely.
I would even put Revis in that category.

Watching Hicks last year, I could see him getting to Fairley's (good Fairley's) level. At least that's what I thought before he went to Chicago. In Chicago, he'll disappear.

The problem for some of these guys is that they failed because their coaches tried to get to much out of them and they succeed in NE because Belichick is just using them for their strengths in role situations, then when they get the bigger deal in free agency they are again expected to do much more than they can actually do and ultimately disappoint their new teams.

Wow, the troll lives.

( Borg)

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he considered an absolute stud in DET?

I guess I missed the timeframe from when he was really good, to now needing to rehabilitate his career.

Can someone fill me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore