PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to meet with Nick Fairley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had a ton of guys like him to seem like they are always injured until.....they are not. (Edelman, etc)

Have they? I mean, regarding Edelman, we're 7 years into his career and he's only had one full season. Last year, he only played in 9 regular season games.

Not known as a good locker room guy, though. Dallas got sick of him and cut him loose.

I agree, I'm not that disappointed, he just didn't seem like a Patriot type of player. Of course, we've had other talented-but-troubled players come in here and do well, like Branch (by the way, what got into him last year, he was flying all over the place and playing great).

Fairley was absolutely one of the most dominant college lineman I've ever seen, a one-man wrecking crew for Auburn in their National Championship year. He was thought to be an overall number 1 pick in the draft, and then teams started doing their homework and they thought "uh-oh", and he slid to Detroit at 13. Then, he just never took the next step, he was always overweight or injured or something. Detroit didn't even pick up his fifth year option, they were hoping it would motivate him.

Detroit Lions won't pick up option on Nick Fairley

I guess BB could have turned him around, but I'm not surprised a guy like Fairley didn't want to join a no-nonsense organization like the Pats.

I wonder what Knighton would cost. He took a pretty inexpensive one-year deal with Washington last year; I don't know offhand if he did much there but I don't think he did. Perhaps he can be a good rotational piece here?

So who are the D-lineman, in this so called deep interior D-lineman class, that will fall to us in the 2nd round?

Yeah, I don't think this a "deep DT class". There's some good ones at the top but the group is about 3 rounds deep in "DL class" as a whole. There are some solid DE/Edge rusher types that will be good value in round 2 but interior lineman group I would not consider "deep".
I really love the Shaq Lawson kid. Him and Dodd were just a terror on the edges this year. Lawson even played hurt and played well. He'll be a stud and good value considering he is projected to go mid or late 1st.
As far Fairley goes, I am a bit disappointed we didn't get him. Maybe Pork Chop would be a fit. We definitely need some depth there.
I hope we can get someone like Kenny Clark from UCLA. He's a good one. There are other interesting prospects with talent/skill but a lot of inconsistent ones. Let's hope we get a solid rotational guy in this draft.

Have they? I mean, regarding Edelman, we're 7 years into his career and he's only had one full season. Last year, he only played in 9 regular season games.

Really going to hold that 1 game against Edelman in '14 huh? The bills game Gronk was inactive and Brady was pulled at HT.

He's still a free agent so there's still a chance for some nice words about the guy on this forum ...

But in all fairness it is not easy to imagine this face in NE uniform:
(especially if this was the expression while watching film with BB)

5876106.jpg

He's still a free agent so there's still a chance for some nice words about the guy on this forum ...

But in all fairness it is not easy to imagine this face in NE uniform:
(especially if this was the expression while watching film with BB)

View attachment 12562

That's Devin Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes