PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Texans Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no..I do not. I may have in my 20's or 30's or even 40's..but today, after the decades of experience I've built up, I can see the obvious...he's a pimp, pure and simple. I don't blame him for what he does, only that he THINKS grown men older than he buy his schtick. He's all about HIS career at NBC Sports...the same NBC Sports that is in bed with Roger Goodell and NFL Offices. If I were in his shoes I'd probably do the same thing. Hypocritical, obviously but show me a breathing human and I'll show you a hypocrite at one time or another in this "civilized" construct we call life.

I could have saved you some typing Joke. You could have just said: he's just a glib suckup who fits perfectly into Goodell's NFL media cabal. :)

sorry for the longwinded reply...I was a Babylonian in a former life..some say I still am...

...he's a pimp, pure and simple.
Ha, read this as, "he's a pimp, pure and pimple."

Must be the alliteration in me. Joe, you can be very lyrical sometimes, must be why the Irish let you visit.

well, it certainly wasn't my good looks...:eek:

Houston had 189 yards net total offense and 7 first downs.

Pats had 116 yards rushing.

JJ Watt sacks? Zero. "Oh, my hand hurts."

A few weeks after ransacking Revis Island, DeAndre Hopkins had a pedestrian 3 catches for 52 yards.

• Sheard is every bit as good as I thought he would be. He's great to watch.

• For all those who start the "Let's trade Ninko" threads every year, take note that his biggest plays always come in the biggest moments.

• McCourty now? Man, it really is not going to stop with this team. Injury is doing what no team could to the Pats. I've said it before, that's the only thing that can stop this team from repeating.

• LaFell has been mostly bad with some signs of good. Let's hope he can get his rhythm back. I think some people really do underestimate how missing so many practices can really throw a player off. With that said, LaFell needs to kick it into gear now. He's had quite a few practices and games under his belt now.

• Malcolm Butler is the scrappiest dude I've seen in a while. He just does not stop until the whistle.

• Logan Ryan! I mean really? He was so bad (mostly) last season and in TC. Then some kind of switch goes off in his head and he's, dare I say, shutdown corner material out of nowhere. That mysterious slump disappeared as mysteriously as it came. I don't know what Hopkins finished with, but it couldn't have been more than four receptions. Logan Ryan has been out of his mind since about week four of the season.

• Our Corners are studs

• Jamie Collins and High really are insane together. Just one stabilizes the D. When both are out there, the D is dynamic.

• Mayo, who earlier this season was on the chopping block and some people really wanted him on the chopping block, is showing why patience is a virtue. As that knee continues to get stronger, so does his play on the field. He made several Mayo-type plays last night.

• Easley is an unfortunate case of extreme potential vs a body that cannot take the rigors of the game

• Blount ran well. I liked how he seemed to have another gear before he went down. Hope it is not significant.

• ST's was back to it's usual solid to awesome last night. Ryan and Gost both had their A-games. The coverage units were solid. Martin was the only blemish. They put Dola back there. I worry about the knee, but he needs to be back there.

• James White is getting comfortable. I may soon have to eat my words about him. He's coming on stronger in the offense each game. He will be one that I'm watching very closely come time for the playoffs.

• Gronk is still Gronk, he will remain Gronk and he will destroy and re-write the record books for his position . . . provided the H word.

Did Vince Wilfork even play? I love VW, but the guy was invisible. Is anyone else getting tired of the JJ Watt love festival? Just name the team the Houston JJ Watts and get it over with. I am so glad that Watt didn't record a sack and didn't get a chance to do his dance and signature sack theatrics. The team is losing the game, but that's alright as long as Watt gets his sack.

The Pats made a concerted effort to establish the run. Blount had to grind out some tough yards and so did Bolden. It seems like the Pats still need some help in the area. Maybe James White is coming along?

Right now, who's a better CB duo than Butler and Ryan?

Good game overall, conservative and efficient, not trying those funny stuff from previous games. Not an explosive offense but good enough to win games. The defense came up huge yesterday, there's nothing I can point out in a negative way.

I, like everyone, do say some **** every once in a while, but I'm happy I really never fried James White, Danny Amendola or Scott Chandler (who had 2 good games against Broncos and Eagles). So I think people asking for Lafell's head should be a little more patient, he's being awful, but you all saw what he did last year. So be patient. He caught a nice TD yesterday that the refs called back for nothing.

Martin had a good game in spite of the muffed punt.

The offensive line keeps being a concern, it looks like after Stork getting to be the starter center again messed up a little bit with their chemistry, but I think it's growing pains necessary for the playoffs, at this point, injuries aside, there's no room to keep trying different formations, they need stability even if it's the final product it's not as good as last year, at least Brady will know what he does have in front of him.

The team I wouldn't want to play the most has been KC... up until yesterday. That defense is outstanding but the offense is hit or miss and most able to take advantage of poor defenses. Plus, I think the Pats would be biting at the bit for a revenge blowout.

...what? Why? Over Big Ben and those wide outs?

Brady has always played well against the steelers. KC is a bit of a mystery.

Great team win. Love the aggressiveness of this defense. So much fun to watch.

Hicks, Sheard, Ninko. Branch in the running game. I like what I saw last night.

sorry for the longwinded reply...I was a Babylonian in a former life..some say I still am...

Why the grudge, then? I can find nothing online about Babylon being invaded by the Mongols ;)

Did Vince Wilfork even play? I love VW, but the guy was invisible. Is anyone else getting tired of the JJ Watt love festival? Just name the team the Houston JJ Watts and get it over with. I am so glad that Watt didn't record a sack and didn't get a chance to do his dance and signature sack theatrics. The team is losing the game, but that's alright as long as Watt gets his sack.

The Pats made a concerted effort to establish the run. Blount had to grind out some tough yards and so did Bolden. It seems like the Pats still need some help in the area. Maybe James White is coming along?

Agree about my man Vince. The invisible man looks heavier than ever. With his Dad's early demise from diabetes, he needs to wrap up his football career and slim down like Bianca did. Live long & prosper, Vince.

Another guy that was invisible was Chandler Jones. He does seem to disappear for some games. Anyone who does a detailed review of All 22 or some such may be able to point out he was consistently double teamed, and if so I retract the observation.

Agree about my man Vince. The invisible man looks heavier than ever.
I've seen VW play almost every week. I expected that Pats fans who haven't seen him since he left would be shocked at his size. It's clear that Houston hasn't worked with him to manage that the way the Pats did. I worry about his health.

In any event, just heard Dalton is likely done for the season, so the Bengals are probably toast. Unless McCarron pulls a Brady.

Sort of feel bad for Cincy fans. After decades of crap this was their year to be exceptional. The Grinch has stolen Christmas for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes