PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Staff Coaching in Shrine Bowl

billdog3484

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Per Shefter,
Falcons and Patriots will be the two coaching staffs for this year’s East-West @ShrineBowl. With head coach and coordinator changes among non-playoff teams, the Falcons and Patriots best fit the criteria of coaching this year’s Shrine Bowl.

This suggests the Patriots do not plan to change Offensive Coordinator. Not a good sign.

Per Shefter,
Falcons and Patriots will be the two coaching staffs for this year’s East-West @ShrineBowl. With head coach and coordinator changes among non-playoff teams, the Falcons and Patriots best fit the criteria of coaching this year’s Shrine Bowl.

This suggests the Patriots do not plan to change Offensive Coordinator. Not a good sign.

Patricia isn’t the OC

Per Shefter,

Do you think they'll send Patricia for this or will it be Bill?

Those poor prospects... Really hope this isn't indicative of the coaching staff being retained.

It’s the first year that the Shrine Bowl gets two teams’ staffs. They previously had a mix of coaches from different staffs, but will now alternate with the Senior Bowl.

I almost burst out laughing when I saw this. However I agree might give a chance to get a closer look at some of the players.

While addressing the college all-stars, Matt Patricia was heard saying: I'll be your consultant this entire week so pay attention, we'll be working on the Hail Lateral play first and then we'll move on to 3rd and long draw plays.

Last edited:
If Patricia and Judge are coaching the offense at the Shrine bowl game, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are returning to the Patriots in 2023...

If Patricia and Judge are coaching the offense at the Shrine bowl game, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are returning to the Patriots in 2023...
Sad but true. But I never expected Bill to fire them (I want him to but don't expect it). They'll just get new roles.

why does this suggest that they do not plan to change the OC? The game hasn't been played yet... it will be played on the first weekend of February, 2023... do you really expect them to hire a new OC by then? Get them up and running in less than a month so they can coach this bowl game?

Feel sorry for those kids that have to run Patricia's offense.
Well the might have missed their old HS offense....

why does this suggest that they do not plan to change the OC? The game hasn't been played yet... it will be played on the first weekend of February, 2023... do you really expect them to hire a new OC by then? Get them up and running in less than a month so they can coach this bowl game?
the wording shefter chose was that they were chosen because their two of the teams that have no changes in staff

With the Jets firing their OC in the last few minutes, the only question mark before the Patriots in the draft order is the Raiders. They may just have not been interested. The only non-playoff AFC team after the Patriots is the Steelers, who have an OC firing watch of their own with Matt Canada. Sounds like maybe they just needed an AFC team to take it and we’re willing to look past any potential upcoming changes. This does come off as very defensive about teams passing on the opportunity because the good players won’t be there.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back