PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Signed TE, Mitchell Wilcox

In 2022 he caught 17 out of 18 passes thrown his way. Not a high volume but an absurd percentage.

Annoying, isn’t it? This place has been overrun by pathologically negative people or Bill idolizers who will never give the new regime a fair chance.
Good point. So how much time is needed before the “ I told you so “….is ok in your books?

Funny seems to me most of the people complaining still are the anti Bill crowd, but I do see a few of the pro Bill guys complain. I am excited to see the draft day meltdowns from everyone!

Annoying, isn’t it? This place has been overrun by pathologically negative people or Bill idolizers who will never give the new regime a fair chance.
Year five post Brady, folks. Year five. Also, 4-13 just happened and the team is worse on paper. Homers gonna homer.

BB largely drafted great athletes, succeed or fail... what BB along with every other great team builder throughout history generally did was draft good/great athletes. Technique and all that other sht, you hopefully can teach. There's no teaching athleticism; speed, quickness, explosion, strength, measurables... the best players in history (outside of the QB/Kicker position) have been its best athletes.

Antonio Gibson looks like the new coach/advisor/coordinator said he "needed a third down back," so they went out to make a splash and got the best "name" available. Not that he's a bad signing because he's not, as long as he's not turning the ball over. He's an exceptional athlete. AG... protect the ball.

Sione Takitaki is also a very good athlete, but is what he is. A special team's ace and occasional defender at a position they prefer to use strong safeties... but still a very good athlete.

Austin Hooper is in that "good" not "great" athlete tier, he's a very good technician and better than average athlete. That's better than average.

After those three, the outside free agent signings have been... not so much.

I have no problem with signing a good technician who is an average athlete... one, maybe two... but why so many?

Outside of every BB free agent they've brought back, it has been average to sub par athletes. Give me a break.

I'm not winning the battle with more Rudy's... one Rudy is enough. I need horses.

There were better free agent options available at LT, TE, WR and other positions, they either didn't pull the trigger or paid the wrong guy.

I disagreed with BB all the time, he was also was right more often than not. To not agree with him most of the time was folly.

The 2024 Patriots had better draft well.

I am hoping this doesn’t preclude the Pats from drafting a TE. I was hoping the Pats would nab Ben Sinnott in the 3rd or 4th round. He’s this year’s Sam Laporta in my opinion.

That being said, if they aren’t going to do that, I hope they double dip (at least) at WR.

I am hoping this doesn’t preclude the Pats from drafting a TE. I was hoping the Pats would nab Ben Sinnott in the 3rd or 4th round. He’s this year’s Sam Laporta in my opinion.

That being said, if they aren’t going to do that, I hope they double dip (at least) at WR.
Sinnott looks like a beast... he and the kid from Penn St are my TE binkies.

Sinnott looks like a beast... he and the kid from Penn St are my TE binkies.
Yeah Theo Johnson is a physical specimen, big, strong & fast. I also like Jared Wiley from TCU. He’s also a physical specimen. Big kid with good speed for a TE.

After getting our QB and LT, I'm fine with BPA.

With regard to a 3rd or 4th round receiver, I suspect that he would end up being 4th or 5th on our depth chart, depending on whether we sign a high tier WR. I suspect that same would be true for that player in 2025 when we are likely to add another free agent (tier 1 or Tier 2).

I'm not saying that we shouldn't draft a receiver, just that I think that we might be fine with trade for a 1, plus Bourne, Douglas and Osborne.

all this over signing a camp body to our 90 man roster. He's the 4th TE on the roster, perhaps competing for PS or even roster spot as #3 blocking TE.
But, this is the funniest thread in a while!

Most people on this thread are just having a bit of fun.

Slowly, Elliot Wolfe is turning that expected 4 win season into one in which the Patriots compete for the AFC title. signings like this are a prime example...just need to "sure up" the special teams now

The same can be said about people farting in a crowded elevator.
Depends upon the floor & ceiling, er, sorry, that's a different thread.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back