PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Kyle Auffray, TE from UNH

Status
Not open for further replies.
james Develin was working at TE yesterday and apparently caught a rocket in the end zone, this is a way for him to make the team, playing fullback and some passing game.

And there I was, trying not to point fingers. :p

Not calling anybody out, just marveling over how Belichick & the fanbase seem to have switched places in the space of a few short years. We used to roll our eyes at how he kept insisting on drafting TEs, and now -- starting with a better TE lineup than they had back then -- we're freaked out that he "hasn't addressed the position."

I'm not immune, mind you. I want another TE in the worst way. (Well, perhaps not as badly as you...am I right in recalling that you would prefer they'd passed on Easley and traded down into the early 2nd for Jace Amaro? Now that's desperation! :D)

After seeing how well a Thunder & Lightning TE duo gave versatility & unpredictability to our
post-Randy Ratio offense, I admit that I was short-sighted then regarding our need at the position.
I see now that the best way to take advantage of Brady's ability to run a no-huddle offense is by
having 2 TEs who can help in both the passing & running games. Without a reliable Gronk, we don't have the pass-catcher needed to keep the defenses honest, the chains moving & the TDs (instead of FGs) coming.
If OTOH we had 3 WRs worthy of being on the field at the same time, plus a healthy Gronk, then our need for a pass-catching TE would be mitigated. Unfortunately we don't have either. Thus my wish
that Bill had traded down to 44, taken Amaro, added a 4th & 5th, then waited for Easley at 62.

If OTOH we had 3 WRs worthy of being on the field at the same time, plus a healthy Gronk, then our need for a pass-catching TE would be mitigated. Unfortunately we don't have either. Thus my wish
that Bill had traded down to 44, taken Amaro, added a 4th & 5th, then waited for Easley at 62.

Of course we would have traded to 44, Seattle would have taken Easley at 32, and the Jets get scared and move up to get Amaro. Even though Bill probably wouldn't have drafted him anyway. But at least we'd have another 4th and 5th rounder struggling to make the roster.

Unless and until this Auffray guy becomes relevant in any way to the New England Patriots, this thread is hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3