PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release DB Phillip Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adams released

Ridiculous. Adams had a bad game this week, but not awful, and he was good the three weeks before.

Absolutely silly move.

This is one move I can't sign on with. Just ridiculous, we are finally improving on defense and we cut one of the guys who was playing an important role in that improvement.

Sorry, this is not a "In Bill We Trust" move.

I never know what BB's doing with the roster, especially on defense. He could bring Lady Gaga in at Safety and still be productive.

This is one move I can't sign on with. Just ridiculous, we are finally improving on defense and we cut one of the guys who was playing an important role in that improvement.

Sorry, this is not a "In Bill We Trust" move.

Nice of you to join the messageboard, Mrs Adams.

Sad to hear, I thought he did well

Confirmed. I know nothing about evaluating personnel. I could have sworn this was their second best DB in recent weeks.

We cut Adams back at the beginning of October, too. Of course the reaction then was "Oh good, that means Bodden and Dowling should be back soon." Funny how time flies.

I was thinking he might be back again, but after that maddeningly vague tweet I suppose not. But come on. We're not getting rid of Ty Law here. They can find someone else.

Apparently he wasn't as good as you all thought he was.

He was a scrub. Who cares.

Something Big is coming, I can feel it. Someone is getting signed and this will generate a lot of attention again. I can feeling it coming in the air tonig....

Really BIG!

Last edited:

Darius Butler is looking better and better.

Confirmed. I know nothing about evaluating personnel. I could have sworn this was their second best DB in recent weeks.

Being the second best DB on this team isn't exactly a compliment recently. Most of our DB's should be a 4th option at most, but because of our unfortunate string of injuries are being elevated to #2 and #3 jobs.

Hopefully means DMC is gonna be back this week.

Hopefully means DMC is gonna be back this week.
I thought the same thing, but then remembered that we are playing the Colts. He may have up to 2 weeks to get back into the rotation.

Then again, watch this be a 3 point game.

No surprise here, as he was awful.

It would have to mean good news on DMC. OTOH there's really no need for him this week against he Dolts. BB tends to be cautious with injuries so I trust that he'll be absolutely 100% before coming back.

The level of overreaction never ceases to amaze me. Philip Adams has been cut and that is cause for concern? Really? Are some of you insane or just collectively spending too much time at the bong? Impact of Adams being cut is almost zero. Get over it fast because it requires that little attention.

Here is the good news about our secondary; a lot of guys can get cut and it should cause no concern. PLUS! we have Price, Underwood and Slater just waiting to be unleashed on opposition passing attacks. Julian Edelman is just the tip of the iceberg!

Currently our base secondary is looking decent enough (assuming healthy): Arrington, McCourty, Chung, Idigebo (sp?). Let's hope the injury time has allowed the others to get enough 'seasoning' to be able to adequately fill the nickle and dime packages.

Breaking development! The Patriots will not win due to defensive prowess. Everyone waiting for that cathartic moment where the defense becomes very good is in for disappointment. The Patriots will win as they have been winning, powerful offense and a defense that can inhibit scoring sufficiently. That's it! I don't think our chances of riding that formula are outstanding but it can work. The D has shown the ability to inhibit scoring and the O has shown the ability to score very frequently. At this point, oddly enough, the players that can help the Patriot secondary the most are (is?) the offensive line (those that determine how long Brady has to throw).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back