PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Davante Adams

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There are very few players I would consider paying top money to. Chris Jones was one. Davante Adams is another. He catches everything, gets open, and is durable. Send them a #1from next year, Tyquan Thornton and whatever else it takes. I'm all in.

There are very few players I would consider paying top money to. Chris Jones was one. Davante Adams is another. He catches everything, gets open, and is durable. Send them a #1from next year, Tyquan Thornton and whatever else it takes. I'm all in.
It’s a hypothetical. In the event LV wanted to move on from him, I’d do it in a millisecond. No more excuses after that for Mac. He would have one of the best WRs in the NFL, one of the better TE rooms in the NFL, and a stifling defense. If we can’t get it done with all of that, the QB position is DEEP in the next couple of drafts.

You wouldn't need to pay him, he's already signed through 2026. He has a $6M fully guaranteed salary in 2023, a $16M fully guaranteed salary in 2024, and then non-guaranteed salaries of $35M in 2025 and $36M in 2026. His signing bonus pro-rations would be eaten by LV at time of trade. The problem is, he's already 31 and may slow down at any time. However, if he slows down after next year you can get out of the deal fairly easily.

You wouldn't need to pay him, he's already signed through 2026. He has a $6M fully guaranteed salary in 2023, a $16M fully guaranteed salary in 2024, and then non-guaranteed salaries of $35M in 2025 and $36M in 2026. His signing bonus pro-rations would be eaten by LV at time of trade. The problem is, he's already 31 and may slow down at any time. However, if he slows down after next year you can get out of the deal fairly easily.
Granted, Moss was a freak of nature, but he was 30 when he joined the Patriots and we still got almost 2.5 years of quality, WR1-level play from him. Plus, as you mention, the deal would make the potential risk worth the potential reward.

Would be a nice Two year rental when you think about it counting this year sign me up.

It looks like it doesn't make sense for the Raiders to trade him right now. His contract is structured to where it wouldn't make financial sense for the Raiders to trade him until 2024.

Granted, Moss was a freak of nature, but he was 30 when he joined the Patriots and we still got almost 2.5 years of quality, WR1-level play from him. Plus, as you mention, the deal would make the potential risk worth the potential reward.
Yep, and Moss didn't slow down necessarily. Every player's a little different but around 30 is where you start to be leery. Adams is not just a burner though, even if he slows down a bit, his route running will still get him open just fine. I'd be surprised if he slowed down to any degree that it hurt his performance before he was 34 or 35. I wouldn't be worried at all about trading for that contract, but what it would cost to acquire is certainly a question.

It looks like it doesn't make sense for the Raiders to trade him right now. His contract is structured to where it wouldn't make financial sense for the Raiders to trade him until 2024.

It's after June, so an in-season trade would carry a post-June 1 designation and they'd be able to defer the bonus accelerations into next year's cap. They'd probably save some cap this year but take a big hit next year. However, they're gonna take a fairly big hit no matter what year they trade him, it just gets a little smaller each year, but he also becomes less valuable each year in a trade with age and salary cost (and probably more disgruntled).

Uhh let me think thoroughly about this….Ok I’m sold.

He’s just one of those players you watch from another team and just appreciate and marvel at.

He’s just like Hopkins when he was younger. Doesn’t matter who the qb is, they are dominant whoever it is. I’d be almost willing to bet Zach Wilson would test that theory though.

He’s just one of those players you watch from another team and just appreciate and marvel at.

He’s just like Hopkins when he was younger. Doesn’t matter who the qb is, they are dominant whoever it is. I’d be almost willing to bet Zach Wilson would test that theory though.
Or Justin Fie(lo)lds.

Josh Mcd is coaching for his job, he isn’t just about to sell off his best player and tank it.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back