PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Re-Sign WR Reagor on a one-year deal

Basically vet minimum, which is fine for a guy you're having compete for WR5 and can return kicks (if that ends up mattering anymore). If he gets beat out by a late round rookie or a resurgent JuJu, easy enough to cut.

Basically vet minimum, which is fine for a guy you're having compete for WR5 and can return kicks (if that ends up mattering anymore). If he gets beat out by a late round rookie or a resurgent JuJu, easy enough to cut.
I would take a chance on *you* at the vet minimum contributing as much as Jalen Reagor will.

This is an incredibly generous characterization of Jalen Reagor's contributions to the Patriots last year.
Agreed, he is solid as a kick returner and that’s about it. All I remember from last season as a receiver was dropped passes.

Agreed, he is solid as a kick returner and that’s about it. All I remember from last season as a receiver was dropped passes.
Kick returner only, mind you. He doesn't return punts, where he might actually have some value.

Hell, for 300k guaranteed, I'll give it a shot!

But you haven't seen me run...
Doesn't matter. I trust you to keep your hands next to each other when you're trying to make a catch.

More offset shenanigans. Veteran practice squad minimum is $302,400 for a full season, so that $300k guaranteed only comes into play if he’s not even on a PS at all.

30% catch ratio ( 7 catches/23 passes) doesn't impress you?

Hard to catch passes that either bounce 10 feet in front of them, or sail 10 feet over their head. This isn’t a special dining by any means, but Reagor looked pretty good in a horrible offense, and he is costing them next to nothing. This is just a depth signing, I’m fine with it.

Hard to catch passes that either bounce 10 feet in front of them, or sail 10 feet over their head. This isn’t a special dining by any means, but Reagor looked pretty good in a horrible offense, and he is costing them next to nothing. This is just a depth signing, I’m fine with it.

You're talking about this guy?

Kick returner only, mind you. He doesn't return punts, where he might actually have some value.
I really hope they draft and bring in some UDFA WR’s to compete. After they find a QB and LT, they need to burn some picks on weapons. The thought of Reagor making this roster is disheartening.

I really hope they draft and bring in some UDFA WR’s to compete. After they find a QB and LT, they need to burn some picks on weapons. The thought of Reagor making this roster is disheartening.

Yup. I'm still in on Ridley, which would give us Ridley, Bourne, Douglas as a reasonable top 3. Then draft a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd (depending on where you think you need to draft a decent tackle), take another one late on day three or as a UDFA, and let those two plus JuJu, Thornton, and Reagor battle it out for two roster spots. If Reagor wins that battle, a few things have probably gone wrong, but at least he's the floor.

Yup. I'm still in on Ridley, which would give us Ridley, Bourne, Douglas as a reasonable top 3. Then draft a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd (depending on where you think you need to draft a decent tackle), take another one late on day three or as a UDFA, and let those two plus JuJu, Thornton, and Reagor battle it out for two roster spots. If Reagor wins that battle, a few things have probably gone wrong, but at least he's the floor.
Apparently the market for these receivers isn’t as robust as they assumed, so hopefully they can add a guy like Ridley or Hollywood at a reasonable value.

You're talking about this guy?

You do realize that you can find good and bad plays by every player there is, right?

My Mistake, I forgot for a moment who I was responding to.

Apparently the market for these receivers isn’t as robust as they assumed, so hopefully they can add a guy like Ridley or Hollywood at a reasonable value.

The most I would give Riidley is 12 AAV, and I’m guessing he will get considerably more than that. But if they can get him for a deal like that I’m fine with it.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back