PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots RB's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i DON'T want Johnson. I actually think he is done.

i've watched him play in 2 or 3 games this year. against the giants everytime a hole was opened he was hitting it hard and running just like the LJ of old. but half the time he had no where to go the giants D was on top of him before he could even do anything. he's not done yet he's still got some gas left in the tank. but i respect your opinion.

Larry Johnson is 30 years old, not a good age for running backs. (And yes, I know the ages of the Pats RB's.)

In 2006 Johnson ran the ball over 400 times. In just two years Johnson got 826 touches. Being tackled that many times takes its toll. Running backs have a short shelf life, determined primarily by the number of hits they take. Sammy Morris may be older than Johnson but he has carried the ball less than half as many times as LJ. He may be the Chiefs' starting running back but I have some serious reservations about giving up much of anything for him. While I agree Kansas City's offensive line is not very good, we're still talking about a 30-year old back with previous attitude issues that is averaging 2.4 yards per carry this year.

i've watched him play in 2 or 3 games this year. against the giants everytime a hole was opened he was hitting it hard and running just like the LJ of old. but half the time he had no where to go the giants D was on top of him before he could even do anything. he's not done yet he's still got some gas left in the tank. but i respect your opinion.
I'll admit I haven't seen him this year so you may have a better clue than I do, I don't know. I was going more off of past recent history with running backs as a whole (e.g., Shaun Alexander) who seem to hit the wall and drop off dramatically than anything else.

Last edited:
i think larry johnson would be a good pick up KC dose not have a big time passing game that team's respect so they just stop johnson

but Scott Pioli will not trade him to the pats he dose not want a randy moss type thing pulled on him

if the pats get johnson and he turn's in to the RB he was 2 year's ago how crazy dose he look

i think larry johnson would be a good pick up KC dose not have a big time passing game that team's respect so they just stop johnson

but Scott Pioli will not trade him to the pats he dose not want a randy moss type thing pulled on him

if the pats get johnson and he turn's in to the RB he was 2 year's ago how crazy dose he look

Not too crazy. What's the point of paying a guy who is ineffective in your team?

i still think larry johnson has a lot left but would he be a good fit for the pats johnson get's better after 20 att

the pats only run the ball about 25 time's a game

i think he would be a better fit for a team like the g man that run a lot and have a good O line

Last edited:
Sadly in 07 every RB got injured and bad weather forced BB to run Maroney and did well. He acutally ran for like 270 yds in the playoffs and lead the leagur in playoffs.

I see too many 4-5 touchs a game which is crazy, have we ever had 10-12 carry game from maroney NOPE. I think morris will not stay up.
again i see this we sign Morris - injury prone, taylor cust because of injury prone and last jordan injury prone cheap and expect everyone to be non-injury prone. Never understand that.

BJGE is a decent backup and he does not have the speed to play everydown against a good defence .I will put morris in to start a game and then bring maroney and bjge in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft