Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What happens to the Patriots in the playoffs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year, I think they win it all :D This year is no different. I like our chances better than the last few years even with the crappy defense because of the lack of any real dominant AFC team.

who knows what will happen..they could get blown out the first game..or dominate on their way to the SB...who knows with this D and slow starting O

Every year, I think they win it all :D This year is no different. I like our chances better than the last few years even with the crappy defense because of the lack of any real dominant AFC team.

I agree. In the past, even with really good defenses, we had to go against some dominant teams (Ten & Indy). We could be one and out, or we could lose against (Baltimore), but I really don't fear anyone until we get to the Superbowl (Brees & Rogers). Look at it this way, what do you think these teams are thinking having to come to N.E. and face our offense? The road to the Superbowl goes thru New England and teams will have to put lots of points on the scoreboard to pass go.

Brees throws for a Super Bowl record 547 yards. Brady throws for a mere 523, leading people to believe he had a mediocre game, is past his prime, and that Brees is better.

Brees announces his retirement, becomes Governor of N.O., Brady is let go by the Pats for his poor performance in the SB win. N.O. grabs Brady as QB, winning 15 super bowls in a row, and 10 NBA championships as Brady plays part time for the Hornets until he retires at 50.
At the exact same time that his son is drafted by the Colts in the 1st round as QB, and a unknown 2nd string QB (Marshell Manning), gets his start mid season as Patriots QB, because Stuat Bledsoe ( you guessed it ) gets hurt. Starting the chain of events again .
:rocker:

I'm all in for going the distance. After the comebacks I've seen by this team the last several weeks, I have no choice but to beleive thay are going all the way. I am guilty of thinking they were done on a few of these last games and I'm humbled by they're perserverance. Whether I'm right or wrong, I owe them that much. 4 Rings baby!!!!:rocker:

Last edited:
this team will only go as far as Brady and the offense carries them. if they get off to a slow start again the Ravens in the AFC championship game I don't think it will be good. I'm predicting a win against Cincy and then a close game against the Ravens to go to the AFC Championship game against the Saints. Problem is there are alot of young players on this squad and I think they could get overwhelmed by the hype. hopefully they don't know any better. It will be a high scoring game in the SB. not so sure if the Pats have enough to stop the Saints weapons

What the heck - I am an eternal optimist and an even bigger homer. I say some how, some way, we win it all!

GO PATS!!

No one and done,but a good defense and an opportunistic defense will shut this offense down to which our defense has not had an answer all year to cover thier ass.

This team has AFCCG loss written all over it IMO

The only way this team advances to the SB is if someone knocks off Baltimore before they come to Gillette

Ray Lewis is VERY hungry for another title which is why he stayed on another year and the team is going to be one tough out...even without a big passing game.

Hope I am wrong,but a Baltimore/New Orleans Super Bowl is my guess.

I think GBs defense,like NEs will be exposed once Rodgers gets into trouble.

this team will only go as far as Brady and the offense carries them. if they get off to a slow start again the Ravens in the AFC championship game I don't think it will be good. I'm predicting a win against Cincy and then a close game against the Ravens to go to the AFC Championship game against the Saints. Problem is there are alot of young players on this squad and I think they could get overwhelmed by the hype. hopefully they don't know any better. It will be a high scoring game in the SB. not so sure if the Pats have enough to stop the Saints weapons

WTF does that mean??

common thread in all playoff losses including the 2007 superbowl - poor offensive line play. last year jets pressured with 4 and go to brady. If the oline can protect him - pats can go to SB otherwise they can lose any game.
This really is on the oline.

Win AFC but lose in Superbowl
Lose in AFC Championship game
1 and done
Anyone that picks any of these sucks!!

common thread in all playoff losses including the 2007 superbowl - poor offensive line play. last year jets pressured with 4 and go to brady. If the oline can protect him - pats can go to SB otherwise they can lose any game.
This really is on the oline.

This + the WR/TE ability to get open vs. man/press coverage. You know its coming. If the O-line can give Brady time to make plays, they should be fine.

our D is like the 2003 chiefs. #1 seed which called shredded by manning in the first round. thank god for no manning this year...the quality of the QBs this season is what gives the pats hope.

Saints vs Patriots.. Pats shut down Graham..Gronk catches the go ahead score and wins MVP.

Ok, I think Pats would win this game, but you have as much of a chance to covering Graham as we have to cover Gronk, lol. Its not going to happen.

Last edited:
This team needs to get the monkey off of its back and win a playoff game, first and foremost. I think they will regardless of the opponent though I think Pittsburgh would be a very tough out in the divisional round.

I agree, the Ravens would be the toughest opponent for the Pats in the AFCCG. However, don't discount the war that a Pittsburgh-Baltimore game would be if the chips fall that way. Baltimore could be coming into Foxboro beat up pretty bad.

My ideal route would be Cincy in the divisional round and then a beat up Pittsburgh team who has had to play three straight road games before even coming to Foxboro, including a trip to Denver, against some very physical teams. They are worn down, the Pats get up two plus scores in the third quarter and pull away with a trip to Indy in their sights.

Once there, anything can happen. Do I think they would beat New Orleans/Green Bay? Well, as Bill Russell used to say, the game is scheduled, you have to play, you might as well win.

I will say this..if they do make it to the SB...they had better dam win it...Getting that far and losing is so tough as we all know. If were going to lose in the SB...then i would rather lose in the 1st or second round..the farther you get..the harder it is to get over a loss

iam usually very pessimistic before pats games and always fear the worst but if the pats go to the SB, for some reason iam very confident they can beat the saints or packers. probably because they seem to always come through when no one gives them a chance.

iam usually very pessimistic before pats games and always fear the worst but if the pats go to the SB, for some reason iam very confident they can beat the saints or packers. probably because they seem to always come through when no one gives them a chance.

see i feel the opposite..i feel as if they won't match say a brees or rodgers. Hope i am wrong (if they make it).

I think the saints are a much worse match up...better D than GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference