PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially a top 10 Defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to The Beef Curtain Defense!! :rocker:

SORRY, boys...I HAD to!! :D

Who WAS the idiot who came up with that moniker?? :rolleyes:

He still around?? ;)

I think it's funny how being realistic is met with such hostility on sports messageboards.

I think it's annoying how being a chronic complainer is consistently misrepresented as being realistic on sports message boards...

uh no

The Patriots Defense is averaging 3 PPG in their last 1 game.

Best of all time

But that is your issue....it hasn't been just one game!

They held the Cowboys to 16 points.
They had a hiccup in the first half of the Steelers game and it could have been worse...The 2nd half of the game they allowed two field goals...6 points.
They shut out the Giants for a half and 24 points total in a game where the Offense and ST's turned the ball over 4 times.
They destroyed the Jets offense...and KC's offense.

Lets not act as if teams are scoring at will on them and that they haven't been bailing the offense out of their slow starts. They easily could have been down big the last three games at the half, the way the offense played. The offense gave them nearly zero help in the 1st half the last three games.

Why you refuse to recognize this is baffling....on most other subjects you appear to be an intelligent poster. But when it comes to the defense...not so much.

to those saying this stat doesnt matter...would you rather have a top 10 passing yard defense and #32 in points allowed??...exactly.

It would depend on the analysis of the "why", of course.

Only a fool would call this a top 10 defense

I see a defense that except for the Steelers game has played pretty good football for the past six or seven games. Much of the yardage they allow has been late in games that they've led by 2+ TD's. They're tough in the red zone and have started gang tackling. I like what I've seen of late. They've played real well for three weeks in a row and six out of seven.

Put it this way. Against the Jets, anyone who watched the game would've said that the defense had a strong night. But statistically they gave up over 300 yards to Sanchez and the Jets ran for over 100. Statistically that performance would rank at or near the bottom of the league. But if you watched the game, the defense played a hell of a game. They attacked, tackled well, pressured the QB, and forced turnovers. It was a great defensive game. The fact that the league's defensive ranking system doesn't illustrate that point only serves to prove how flawed their ranking system is. The Patriots aren't the worst defense in the league. The NFL's defensive ranking system is the worst measuring tool in all of sports.

WOW! I think the USGS mistakenly reported that as 3.6 magnitude earthquake with the epicenter in Foxboro.....

Talk about a collision of gargantuan proportions. That hit by Love literally lifted and buckled that enormous body of the KC defender.

thats is freaking awesome, I love love

Aaron Rodgers would destroy this defense in the Super Bowl. Pats better hope the Pack don't make it there

And the Pats would destroy the Packer defense. Packers have given up more points than the Pats, the Packers have played a weaker schedule so far, so what is your point?

The Packers should be favored now but it isn't a slam dunk and who knows what the situation would be if both teams reach the SB.

thats what the pats need it back to back games vs bad offense to give this injury filled defense some confidence

uh no

The Patriots Defense is averaging 3 PPG in their last 1 game.

Best of all time

You make a poor argument based on the available data. Remove the KC game and over the last 6 games -- a 6 game snapshot is a fair sample -- the Patriot defense is averaging just about 20 PPG (6 games/121 points allowed). That puts them where? Huh, that would put them right around a ranking of #10.

But I agree a single snapshot can be misleading. You are averaging 100% bad posting in your last 1 post but that could be misleading. Listen, sorry for the jab but you are being too hysterical over a stat that is unarguably the most important stat. However, if you are ultimately trying to say you are concerned about the Patriot defense, there are few objective fans who would disagree. Fortunately there is some evidence that improvement is occurring. Exactly what is wrong with taking that evidence and looking at it optimistically?

Unsurprisingly, given the way the schedule has been laid out, we are repeating the same patterns as last year. The defense sucks but, after being exposed for the lousy defense that it is, it faces crap competition and competition that is struggling when it meets the Patriots, and people begin to overrate the defense.

Hopefully, the end of the pattern is not repeated. Hell, for that matter, hopefully the end of the pattern isn't repeated with the offense, either.

Last edited:
Lmao...i love the 32nd ranking. These past few weeks opposing message boards are all the same : " Worst defense in football and we can't do ****!"

Unsurprisingly, given the way the schedule has been laid out, we are repeating the same patterns as last year. The defense sucks but, after being exposed for the lousy defense that it is, it faces crap competition and competition that is struggling when it meets the Patriots, and people begin to overrate the defense.

Hopefully, the end of the pattern is not repeated. Hell, for that matter, hopefully the end of the pattern isn't repeated with the offense, either.

You're clearly just an ignorant hater and a Jets fan

We have the nfl interception leader

best defense ever

You're clearly just an ignorant hater and a Jets fan

We have the nfl interception leader

best defense ever

Hey, for your own good, don't latch on to me as your lifeline. I'm more persona non grata with the Jonestown-level homers than you are.....

The undefeated Packers are 31st in the league in passing yards allowed. This tells us that they have a lot of large leads and give up yards when they have a lead (they lead the league in pt differential). The D is playing better in spite of the large number of injuries. They need to be a better unti for the playoffs.

Our top 10 scoring defense includes the NFL's leader in interceptions (Kyle Arrington) and a man tied for 4th in the NFL in sacks (Andre Carter).

Hey, for your own good, don't latch on to me as your lifeline. I'm more persona non grata with the Jonestown-level homers than you are.....

What are they going to do?

Run me out of town for not chugging the koolaid?

HOW DARE YOU!! I just spent 3-hours listening to ESPN. They told me the Pats D was terrible. the worst in the league in fact. Apparently giving up 3-points is bad....

HOW DARE YOU!! I just spent 3-hours listening to ESPN. They told me the Pats D was terrible. the worst in the league in fact. Apparently giving up 3-points is bad....

How many points did you think a team that had scored 13 total points in the two games prior to this one, and were being led by Tyler Palko, was going to put up?

Did you really expect any kind of significant offensive output?

Deus Irae vs Andy Johnson

Internet Cage Match

Live Pay per View

Limber those fingers and get your keyboards ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back