Patriots Mike Wright Seems to Be Progressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot_in_NY

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
BB: Wright's issues this preseason not related to last year

Per Mike Reiss tweet...

Asked about Mike Wright, Bill Belichick says Wright's absence in preseason isn't related to what he went thru last year.

That to me is awesome news.... doesn't mean that he'll be out there anytime soon, and we still don't know why he's out. But knowing those concussion issues are not lingering is very relieving news.

At least to me.

Last edited:
Re: BB: Wright's issues this preseason not related to last year

I'm thinking now that Wright doesn't make this team.

That would be unfortunate, but IBWT.

Wright had been really growing on me the last couple seasons.

Sounds like BB is talking him up in preparation for a trade.

Can't see anyone biting on that given the length of injury last season.

Whats that? Crazy Al is on the phone.

"This is a whole new injury!" has to be the worst sales pitch ever! :p

On a personal level, I'm glad to hear that the concession effects are behind him.

While this doesn't really bode much better for his Patriots career, this is GREAT news for his quality of life.

Not sure if that would be the case. Wright provides intriguing positional flexibility. He can line up as a sub-package undertackle, he can work the 3-4 RDE pretty well, and hell he might be able to work a 4-3 LDE in rotation with Ellis. I think that is a nice set of skills/positional flexibility for a super-sub.

The only thing that concerns me is Mike Reiss saying Wright didn't seem like himself the last time he was interviewed. paraphrasing Reiss....something did not seem quite right with him.

Didn't like himself? Well if he meant he was frustrated about not playing that's one thing, but deeper then that? He's going onto IR. I thought I read someplace about 4 days ago that he wasn't playing this year and might be through. Hope all the best for him.

good news for him. I hope we could find a sucker to bite on a trade for a 7 for him. He should be done imo. Good service, but he is in company w/ quality, capable and healthier players that will be more dependable for this team.

I liked u wright

Not sure if that would be the case. Wright provides intriguing positional flexibility. He can line up as a sub-package undertackle, he can work the 3-4 RDE pretty well, and hell he might be able to work a 4-3 LDE in rotation with Ellis. I think that is a nice set of skills/positional flexibility for a super-sub.
I agree that he would be very valuable in the defense we have used in practice games.

good news for him. I hope we could find a sucker to bite on a trade for a 7 for him. He should be done imo. Good service, but he is in company w/ quality, capable and healthier players that will be more dependable for this team.

I liked u wright

:eek:WTF?......Wright would be a friggin' monster at LDE with Carter,Vince and AH.....are you kidding me?

Hope he is better. I've always liked him. Though most of that reason is because I got to meet one of his cousins at a bar once.

At 2.85 mil I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright become a cap casuality regardless of health. He's making more $ than any D lineman not named Wilfork or Ellis. With all the talent brought in, it looks like his role would be in jeopardy of being severly diminished anyway. Sounds like way too large of a salary under the given circumstances. Now, with the injury history, seems legit to speculate that he might not make the cut. $455,580 cap hit if cut according to Miguel, of course.

This is very good news.

Given the seriousness of the concussion last year and the amount of time he has missed I was concerned that the effects of the concussion were still present. Football is one thing, having permanent brain damage is quite another. I had him making the roster due to his proven performance and flexibility.

This is very good news.

Given the seriousness of the concussion last year and the amount of time he has missed I was concerned that the effects of the concussion were still present. Football is one thing, having permanent brain damage is quite another. I had him making the roster due to his proven performance and flexibility.

Heck, look at 2007, where BB was so eager to get David Thomas on the field that he activated him off PUP during the preseason, and held a roster spot for him . . . only to have him reinjure his foot and end up on IR after one game.

I liked u wright

Read more.

Post less.

This is a strange kind of good news, but it's good news nonetheless. If he was still feeling the effects of that concussion, I would be worried about his long-term quality of life. Even if this injury ends his time with the Patriots, it's still the far better alternative for him personally.

are you calling him the Miller Lite of posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents