PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Lolphins Postgame Analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be as bad as it was in 2007.

It seems to me that more people are seeing through the crap that was Deflategate, and there a more people favorably inclined towards the Pats now, than in 2007. They were bringing people into the broadcast booth in 2007 to openly root against us.

Maybe the Pats are finally getting the respect they deserve?

I'd like to think that you are right, but I'm insanely skeptical to start to believe that the general public is suddenly going to lay off. As a matter of fact, I think it would get worse if they reach 12-0 or something in that range. A regular season loss would be the next best thing to winning the SB for most of the opposing fanbases, and would be celebrated all across the country.

As far as it being different on the team, I don't know about that either. I think they were dealing with a pretty large monkey on their backs, and may have started to run out of gas a bit towards the end. Then again, it may have simply been due to a great NYG gameplan and the injuries on the team. Hard to say, but I think it came into play somehow.

Anyone worried about brady having these mvp numbers? I like him under the radar

Any game that we get through without major injuries is a win for me. Last year we got really lucky when the only serious setbacks were Ridley and Mayo.

If you look at 2011-13 there were always a few players out that probably cost us a ring or two, most notably Gronk in 2011 (played against the Giants but obviously not healthy) but also Gronk again in 2013 and Talib a couple times, and a lot of other players too.

All I want is to get to January and February with mostly full health so we can see this team unleash its potential and go for number 5. I was a little worried about our health before the Jets game but if we can get Sheard and Cannon back, along with Stork and Wendell at 100%, and use the 10 days off to get other players back to near full strength, then I think we're in good shape.

I don't think so. @NYG and @ Denver are going to be tough to win. Jets at their house is no cake walk either.
No they won't.

You keep trashing denver. Lets see what happens. I wont be surprised if they beat GB at home this weekend. That pats game is on thanksgiving sunday after a Monday night game. Not the ideal situation and winning in denver is tough. Dont think its going to be a blowout or close to it.

We will steamroll Denver with the utmost of ease. It will definitely be a blow out.

I always love Brady squaring off against Wade Phillips. Wade never learns.

Tannehill is pretty much the poster boy for "Average NFL QB".
I think that's a bit harsh. He made some very nice passes into small windows. I think we are all very spoiled watching Brady every week. Only one other QB the league can play at that level. Tannehill has had some very nice streaks this season, but that is what 4th year QB's still mostly do. Over the next few years he may wind up to be exactly as you described, but he also may continue to develop.

He certainly isn't worth the money the Phins paid him, but he still might develop into a good one. Andrew Luck is showing us just how long the QB development process truly is

A couple of comments on the comments

1. Those of you who crapped on Blount have your head's up your ass. The man averaged 4.3 ypc on 17 carries. Antoine Smith didn't average 4ypc one year during his 2 superbowl season where he was very effective and important. How does anyone view this game and think Blount didn't do well. Did you check who was playing on the OL?

2. I want to make the "undefeated narrative" stop. Please make it stop. Until we are at 12-0 it has no relevance. Are the mediots so bankrupt of ideas that they have to keep harping on this squeak on the blackboard. Make it stop

3. think about how this defense is playing when Jamie Collins played a pretty nondescript game on Thursday. Tonight there were more than the LB's stood out.

4. How many of you agree with me that the best catch of the night was made by Harmon. That was a full lay out. Not only that, the run back was excellent as well.

Agree, when I saw Blounts stats late in the game I did a double take AND there are a contingent of posters here with their head up their ass for sure. Some of the comments on this board are embarrassing.

Agree, not worth talking about.

Agree, this D is becoming legit. Top 10 for sure.

Agree although Jules's TD grab was pretty killer.

IMO the 3 hardest games are still on the Schedule

@giants @Jets @Denver

Pats offense on the road is not as good cause it is so communication dependent.

I think they can but it will be tough. I don't pick them to lose any one game at this point. I do think @Jets will be the hardest @giants 2nd hardest and @Denver 3rd.
I don't get all the abject terror of the Giants. This isn't the Giants that lucked out a couple of SB wins. Assuming continued decent health, this year's team handles the Giants with relative ease. They wouldn't be as tough as the Jets.

d5b.jpg

I don't get all the abject terror of the Giants. This isn't the Giants that lucked out a couple of SB wins. Assuming continued decent health, this year's team handles the Giants with relative ease. They wouldn't be as tough as the Jets.

The giants have a lousy secondary but for some reason eli looks like a damn stud against us

He said it was a total team effort and was completely self deprecative in the face of the prodding by the hosts to brag and pound his chest...like we've seen Dallas scumbag criminals do, and Jet moronmouths and Buffalo braggarts. Makes me PROUD to be a Patriot fan and PROUD to be associated as a fan with a team that possesses such class and sportsmanship. Goodell is a rotten scumbag. The antithesis of everything the Patriots stand for. A rotten, moronic, power drunk scumbag that should be facing federal racketeering charges.
Don't hold back!

If Wake's injury is as bad as it looked, it's more likely they'll tail spin than bounce back.
Dolphins seem to think ruptured achilles, so done for the year.

I think that's a bit harsh. He made some very nice passes into small windows. I think we are all very spoiled watching Brady every week. Only one other QB the league can play at that level. Tannehill has had some very nice streaks this season, but that is what 4th year QB's still mostly do. Over the next few years he may wind up to be exactly as you described, but he also may continue to develop.

He certainly isn't worth the money the Phins paid him, but he still might develop into a good one. Andrew Luck is showing us just how long the QB development process truly is

Don't take my word for it, then. Coming into this week, Tannehill checked in at #15 in QB rating, 20th in completion percentage and 16th in yards per attempt. Go make a list of the NFL QBs, in order of how you'd rank them. I'll get things started:

Brady
Rodgers
Etc....

I think you'll find that you have Tannehill ranked right in the middle of the NFL QBs, which would make him absolutely average.

Has any kicker ever held both the most consecutive PATs and FGs at the same time? Ghost is money.
That 52 yarder in the wind was awesome. It was a golf shot.

Over under on Jimmy G throwing 2 passes this year?

Don't take my word for it, then. Coming into this week, Tannehill checked in at #15 in QB rating, 20th in completion percentage and 16th in yards per attempt. Go make a list of the NFL QBs, in order of how you'd rank them. I'll get things started:

Brady
Rodgers
Etc....

I think you'll find that you have Tannehill ranked right in the middle of the NFL QBs, which would make him absolutely average.

Yep. I was checking has stats right after your post. He was top 10 in something but overall pretty midpack overall.

He was complete dogshit tonight though.

Watch this be the week where Peyton finally goes off, as I've reached my patience with him. He's produced single digits in like 4/6 games or something ridiculous. Now that I've placed him on the bench, I expect him to have a 20+ point game.

Good luck, man. I'm not feeling too hot about my chances this week, which sucks since I got caught with 6 starters out last week!
No. He's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick