PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Kraft Blasts NFL Following Brady's Decision In Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think a team that BB brings to the occasional playoff game but no further using one or more journeyman QBs over the era would have far less of the things you mention as being the basis of the team's valuation.

TB12 thrust the Pats on to the national stage and kept them there. That's far more valuable than a GOAT coach producing good but never excellent teams.

Thats worse case. The likely to best case is BB drafts or trades for a QB that gets them to the SB which I have a lot of confidence that he would have done.

As recent events have proven, the preeminent thing any prospective owner is looking for is the ability to make money. That's how a franchise's value is set. Minor things like winning games are a distant second to making sure the millions are rolling in.

From the perspective of other owners, Kraft is the best owner there is. Obsessed with making as much money as possible, willing to throw anything and everything under the bus for the prospect of making even more.

A very loose interpretation of the word 'blast'

Personally I think a team that BB brings to the occasional playoff game but no further using one or more journeyman QBs over the era would have far less of the things you mention as being the basis of the team's valuation.

TB12 thrust the Pats on to the national stage and kept them there. That's far more valuable than a GOAT coach producing good but never excellent teams.

Belichick created the entire program and while Brady isn't replaceable i have little doubt Belichick would have found a QB to get them a ring or two if he had not gotten Brady. That said neither would be the GOAT without the other. Belichick found in Brady what Belichick needed most from his QB, a QB who would make decisions exactly the way Belichick would were he on the field. I also believe that Brady realized this his rookie season and set about to give Belichick the right answer to every question both in their QB meetings and on the field, and that's why Brady had the audacity to tell Bledsoe he was going to take his job when he was just a young back up.

time to move on.......the tangible part of the process as it pertains to fans has ended

go pats!

Belichick created the entire program and while Brady isn't replaceable i have little doubt Belichick would have found a QB to get them a ring or two if he had not gotten Brady. That said neither would be the GOAT without the other. Belichick found in Brady what Belichick needed most from his QB, a QB who would make decisions exactly the way Belichick would were he on the field.
And I think you are under-estimating how hard it is to find another QB who has the mental ability to "make decisions exactly the way Belichick would" and also have the physical skills to make the throws, and the fearlessness it takes to do this as the pocket collapses around you, and the work ethic and determination to keep trying till it all comes together when someone like BB keeps pointing out your mistakes, and someone who can keep it all going once they have fame and fortune and have picked up some injuries.

Also while we take Kraft's faith in BB forgranted now, I really have to wonder exactly how long Kraft would have stuck with him if he had a string of repeats of 2000's 5-11 season till he finally found a QB that could "make decisions exactly the way Belichick would" and also have all the other traits needed for long term success in the NFL.

And I think you are under-estimating how hard it is to find another QB who has the mental ability to "make decisions exactly the way Belichick would" and also have the physical skills to make the throws, and the fearlessness it takes to do this as the pocket collapses around you, and the work ethic and determination to keep trying till it all comes together when someone like BB keeps pointing out your mistakes, and someone who can keep it all going once they have fame and fortune and have picked up some injuries.

Also while we take Kraft's faith in BB forgranted now, I really have to wonder exactly how long Kraft would have stuck with him if he had a string of repeats of 2000's 5-11 season till he finally found a QB that could "make decisions exactly the way Belichick would" and also have all the other traits needed for long term success in the NFL.

Just because it isn't easy to find a good QB to play the position the way Belichick wants doesn't mean he would strike out for 16 years. It's not easy to keep a team on top when your average drafting position in each round is 27 for a decade and a half but Belichick has still matter of to pull it off. Both are the GOATS because of each other, but both would still have been winners without the other, although it very would have been tougher for Brady without a coach who believed in him and allowed him to develop into the player he has become.

Last edited:

Kraft gave Belichick total control over football operations and you don't give that much control over a franchise unless you plan on sticking with them.

In 2000 Cowboys & Skins were valued at $740m. Boys as now $4b and Skins are $2.9b
What I've learned about business - sometimes you can get away with murder a very long time, but eventually you have to face the music. I predict Romo is starting a end-of-career slide, and Bryant will never quite be the same again. Maybe things work out and it's 2014 for the Cows again, but I expect the post-Romo era is starting for them that will see lots of 6-10 seasons.

Stephen Jones (smarter than his Dad) is concerned the fan base young and old is finally going to leave - playoff record like Cleveland, Detroit the past 20 years - no SB appearances or even Conference championship. The young were not around when they were winning - the old (like me) are finally going to give up on them.

Stephen Jones worries about older Cowboys fans deciding, “We’re done”

Suffice to say, Cowboys will finally take a money and fan base hit within five years.

Minor things like winning games are a distant second to making sure the millions are rolling in.

Long-term, winning is the most important thing to a franchise. Patriots, Packers, Giants, Steelers are valuable because they have won recently and often. Cowboys and Redskins are overvalued, but won in the past and in large markets. Browns, Lions, Jaguars are losers compounded being in small markets.

What I've learned about business - sometimes you can get away with murder a very long time, but eventually you have to face the music. I predict Romo is starting a end-of-career slide, and Bryant will never quite be the same again. Maybe things work out and it's 2014 for the Cows again, but I expect the post-Romo era is starting for them that will see lots of 6-10 seasons.

Stephen Jones (smarter than his Dad) is concerned the fan base young and old is finally going to leave - playoff record like Cleveland, Detroit the past 20 years - no SB appearances or even Conference championship. The young were not around when they were winning - the old (like me) are finally going to give up on them.

Stephen Jones worries about older Cowboys fans deciding, “We’re done”

Suffice to say, Cowboys will finally take a money and fan base hit within five years.

I completely agree.

Everything I have read about Stephen Jones has impressed me. I think the Cowboys are in good hands with him. Very level-headed but passionate. Little bit like Jonathan Kraft.

I agree on Romo. He may have a couple of decent years left but that collorbone is worrisome.

Not sure about Bryant but foot injuries make me nervous. Same with Jules.

Just because it isn't easy to find a good QB to play the position the way Belichick wants doesn't mean he would strike out for 16 years. It's not easy to keep a team on top when your average drafting position in each round is 27 for a decade and a half but Belichick has still matter of to pull it off. Both are the GOATS because of each other, but both would still have been winners without the other, although it very would have been tougher for Brady without a coach who believed in him and allowed him to develop into the player he has become.
You are simply running with facts that are not in evidence. It's far from clear BB would have gotten 16 years to sort things out especially if the team sucked badly enough to get good draft picks. And given his approach to the game it's hard to see him decide to deliberately tank a season. And yes, it's possible to go as long as 16 years without finding a Tom Brady even if you're a great coach and talent evaluator. The fact we do have in evidence is that there was and is a Tom Brady. Maybe BB could have found someone else as good or better but there's absolutely no way to know if that would have happened, and you're taking a huge leap of faith to presume it would. You also have no way of knowing if Brady wouldn't have found a way to develop under a different coach.

You are simply running with facts that are not in evidence. It's far from clear BB would have gotten 16 years to sort things out especially if the team sucked badly enough to get good draft picks. And given his approach to the game it's hard to see him decide to deliberately tank a season. And yes, it's possible to go as long as 16 years without finding a Tom Brady even if you're a great coach and talent evaluator. The fact we do have in evidence is that there was and is a Tom Brady. Maybe BB could have found someone else as good or better but there's absolutely no way to know if that would have happened, and you're taking a huge leap of faith to presume it would. You also have no way of knowing if Brady wouldn't have found a way to develop under a different coach.

You are basing your post on a hypothetical and claiming I'm the one "using facts that are not in evidence? Seriously?

Belichick got a Patriot team that lost Brady to go 11-5 with a player who had not played QB since high school. That's the fact. He's the GOAT coach but by your take Brady is the only reason, that's just idiotic.

You are basing your post on a hypothetical and claiming I'm the one "using facts that are not in evidence? Seriously?
We're both responding to the same hypothetical question, the difference is you're using hypothetical evidence.
Belichick got a Patriot team that lost Brady to go 11-5 with a player who had not played QB since high school. That's the fact. He's the GOAT coach but by your take Brady is the only reason, that's just idiotic.
Only reason? Where did I say that? Then something I didn't say is idiotic? Then decide the one season without Brady is the significant one in your judgement than the fifteen with? Welcome to my ignore list, please add me to yours, we'll both be off better for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3