Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
NFL forms Chairman’s Committee to work with Roger Goodell

Now they’ll do it in a formal committee of their own. According to multiple reports, Goodell sent a memo to NFL teams announcing the formation of the Chairman’s Committee made up of some of the most prominent members of the group that employs Goodell. Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, Giants owner John Mara, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Texans owner Bob McNair and Steelers president Art Rooney II will serve on the committee.

So Kraft can sit in the same room as the guy who railroaded the man most responsible for Kraft's success, and the guys who cheered him on while he was doing it!

Not only does this confirm what everone has long said, that a few influencial owners run the league. I believe that it confirms the fact that Kraft sold out Brady to Goodell and his cronies.

Kraft played both sides in this like a fiddle while still backing the league over Brady. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Now he gets an even better seat in the Big Boy's Club.

putting-out-dis-fire_o_1043005.jpg

2 of the Owners Goodell has screwed over (Kraft/Hunt) and a 3rd (Rooney) might get screwed if Goodell holds true to form with Harrison.. What is f'in hilarious is that Josh Brown got only a single game suspension. Guess that Mara has some good knee pads and can suck the chrome off a bumper..

I still think Bob cut a deal with Goodell for the future but that can't be something positive for us anyway, I don't want my team winning or getting some calls based on this kind of deal, and if he indeed cut a deal, it's probably something related to money, rights, franchises, anything far from the football field, so it is not in my interest. **** them, **** them all.

Two guys that have more or less made their own fortunes (Kraft more or less, McNair I'm assuming) and 4 guys that are "Lucky Sperm Club" members (Hunt, Mara, Rooney, and R. Stokoe Schiesskopf). I guess this is as good an indication as any of what really matters to these guys and with the exception of Bend Over Bob it is perception of business acumen rather than demonstrated acumen.

I'm curious about the political intent behind this. Could be:

- An attempt by Goodell to consolidate his power, by gathering the "most influential" owners together and pounding them into agreement so that the remaining 27 fall in line.

- An attempt by the 5 "most influential" owners to watch over Goodell to prevent him from screwing things up more than usual, as a curtailment on his power.

Possible that Goodell's intent is the former and the owners' intent is the latter. Note that MLB has a similar Executive Council whose official role is to "advise the Commissioner". It was the Executive Council (Bud Selig as Chairman) that ran the show for 6 years when Fay Vincent was ousted until Selig was officially named Commissioner.

Last edited:
Kraft should realize by now that there's no 'advising the commissioner'. The guy does whatever he think will make him look like the biggest swinging **** in town, and that's pretty much the only consideration he cares about. If the owners want to reign in the commissioner, they have to get a new commissioner, but they won't do that because they don't actually care. They think they're untouchable because they figure nobody will stop watching no matter how badly they **** everything up.

That old saw: "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer" comes to mind. I would like to think this is so. BK is, if nothing else, a shrewd businessman and I would suspect, now has a 'handle' on the evil goings-on at Park Ave. Although if I were him I would hire a full-time espionage person to do nothing else but monitor and spy on that corrupt and evil pack of scum.

That old saw: "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer" comes to mind. I would like to think this is so. BK is, if nothing else, a shrewd businessman and I would suspect, now has a 'handle' on the evil goings-on at Park Ave. Although if I were him I would hire a full-time espionage person to do nothing else but monitor and spy on that corrupt and evil pack of scum.
Kraft is more aligned with and supportive of goodell than the fans of the Patriots. Amazing how those same fans continue to think that every action Kraft takes is a ripe a dope and there is some big goal at the end when he had already lost in term of what is best for the fans.

wishful-thinking-fingers-crossed.jpg

I'm curious about the political intent behind this. Could be:

- An attempt by Goodell to consolidate his power, by gathering the "most influential" owners together and pounding them into agreement so that the remaining 27 fall in line.

- An attempt by the 5 "most influential" owners to watch over Goodell to prevent him from screwing things up more than usual, as a curtailment on his power.

Possible that Goodell's intent is the former and the owners' intent is the latter. Note that MLB has a similar Executive Council whose official role is to "advise the Commissioner". It was the Executive Council (Bud Selig as Chairman) that ran the show for 6 years when Fay Vincent was ousted until Selig was officially named Commissioner.

That is exactly what I am thinking.

I think this was pushed on Goody. They want to make sure hes not mucking things up and there is unanimity among the power brokers on league matters and not letting Goody create divisiveness.

This way all decisions are public (to them) and Goody gets to sit in the lobby and wait till they are ready to talk to him. Once a decision has been made, they'll tell him to come in and inform him of what they have decided.

Mildly surprised that Jerrah is not part of this little clique

Hope KRAFTY Bob enjoys his seat while the Pats go 2-2, 1-3 w Garropolo then get waxed on the road again in the playoffs because they missed the #1seed by a game

Hope KRAFTY Bob enjoys his seat while the Pats go 2-2, 1-3 w Garropolo then get waxed on the road again in the playoffs because they missed the #1seed by a game
Sounds like you are hoping for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back