PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Kicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjohnrobbinsx

Rookie
Reaction score
Has anybody heard what the Patriots are going to do about a kicker? I have seen only two kickers unsigned so far......Edinger and Peterson. Unless we get the Gramatica's out of retirement what are we gonna do?

Thanks,

John

haven't heard anything on that....

xjohnrobbinsx said:
Has anybody heard what the Patriots are going to do about a kicker? I have seen only two kickers unsigned so far......Edinger and Peterson. Unless we get the Gramatica's out of retirement what are we gonna do?

Thanks,

John

and all the talking heads are again criticizing BB for letting the best clutch FG kicker in history go....WITHOUT a backup plan.......I heard that Edinger had visited.....but haven't heard anything further.......I am sure that one of those two you mentioned will be signed...as I don't see BB going into the season with a Rookie kicker.

xjohnrobbinsx said:
what are we gonna do?
Kickers are a dime a dozen, we'll bring a few in that we've probably never heard of, let them compete, and probably get a fine season out of whoever we go with.

Tampa Bay released a kicker that they currently have in NFLE...don't remember the dudes name...

meh

John Smith's claim to fame was his camps...in spite of his tenure with the NEP...

kickers

meh

I played soccer for 20 years...I'll do it for free if they promise me a shot at a ring...

Josh Brown isn't available? I thought he was still possible, but haven't been following that like a hawk. No pun intended.

stcjones said:
and all the talking heads are again criticizing BB for letting the best clutch FG kicker in history go....WITHOUT a backup plan . . . I am sure that one of those two you mentioned will be signed...as I don't see BB going into the season with a Rookie kicker.

The Pats may have been blindsided by the timing of Vinatieri's signing with the Colts, but there is no friggin' way that they hadn't considered the possibility of playing in 2006 without him.

As for a rookie, why not, if he's the best available player?

Flying Fungi said:
Tampa Bay released a kicker that they currently have in NFLE...don't remember the dudes name...

Mike Shafer? (Billy Cundiff was signed and released by the Bucs last week but the Packers picked him up).

PatsFanInVa said:
Josh Brown isn't available? I thought he was still possible, but haven't been following that like a hawk. No pun intended.

He's a restricted free agent.

On March 6, the Seahawks tendered him with a $712 k contract (1 year, no signing bonus as with all restricted FA's).

On March 15, Adam Shefter reported the Cowboys may sign him to an offer sheet themselves.

He'd garner a 7th-round draft pick as compensation to the Seahawks if he was to sign elsewhere.

Gee in the 700s instead of the eight-digit kicker? Yah I'll take that. Oh wait, we might have to give up a seventh rounder....

Let's say Josh Brown is still in play, just for giggles. :rocker:

Josh Brown is in play or draft one but the other two out there would have been signed by now if Pats were serious.

totally freaked out

i play madden alot and when i always played the franchise mode i would acquire martin gramatica as the kicker, his brother as the punter for my patriots, and eric warfield and his teammate battle as 2 of my cornerbacks. then i posted in my first thread here jokingly about pulling martin out of retirement then boom they got warfield and gramatica. gosh! who else should i trade for or acquire to make it come into fruition for our patriots? any suggestions? haha

thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes