PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have easiest schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the 4 losses too??

Actually, now I think it'll be 13-3 at the worst.

First Loss - @ San Diego: Yeah, we'll be coming off another west coaster the weekend before and we'll be tired. Plus, it's high time San Diego shakes their "we can't win against the Pats" bug. It'll be a very, very close game though.

Second loss - @ Seattle: It's tough to play in Seattle anyway and getting them late in the year while they'll likely be making a playoff push AND coming off yet another trip to the West Coast will make it really hard for us to beat them.

Third loss - @ Bills: It'll be the last game of the year and we'll most likely be resting our starters for the playoffs since an undefeated season is no longer on the line. I can see the Bills being improved next season (more so than this year) and they will probably be making a wild card push and need that last win.

That said, those are the only FORSEEABLE losses on the schedule. I think we'll take the Jets twice (unless they suddenly figure out their QB quandry) and the same with the Fish even though the game in SoFla is going to be traditionally tough. We'll smoke the Chiefs in week 1, but not in the first half. After our bye, we'll take the 49ers. The Broncos are not so much a threat to us as they used to be. Besides, that game is in New England where I think we'll be undefeated this year. The Rams will still be a no threat to us while the Colts will be coming off of a physical game against a division rival in the Titans. That game, as always, will be close but we'll pull it out in the end. We'll take the Bills, Jets, and Steelers at home (the Steeler game being a physical one that is decided in the 4th quarter). We'll rebound against the Raiders where Randy Moss will be all over the field then have a tough game against the Cardinals (who should be improved in the running game and have Leinart with two years under his belt still throwing to that WR tandem). The rest is history.

Last edited:
Right now I'm thinking 14-2. I'm not sure who the losses will be to, that's hard to predict, but we've got pretty much the same team coming back and we're going to get even stronger through the draft (hopefully).

Well no sh!t. But right now all we can look at is the easiest possible path to winning the Super Bowl and that begins with a, hopefully, easy schedule.

Good thing happens to good people if you consider what we WENT through in the past few months. I don't want to be too optimistic about our team at this early stage. 16-0 is feasible and 19-0 is achievable if we are REALLY serious about it.

I will not be suprised to see a lot of blown out games in this season. No more 14 pt games PLEASE. It was really embarassing.

Last edited:
Good thing happens to good people if you consider what we WENT through in the past few months. I don't want to be too optimistic about our team at this early stage. 16-0 is feasible and 19-0 is achievable if we are REALLY serious about it.

I will not be suprised to see a lot of blown out games in this season. No more 14 pt games PLEASE. It was really embarassing.

Wasn't so embarassing when we were winning games despite only scoring 14 points a few years ago.

Wasn't so embarassing when we were winning games despite only scoring 14 points a few years ago.

because we were not ranked as #1 O team and didn't break any record and didn't have 18-0 before going to SB.

A big different between the twos if you ask me.

because we were not ranked as #1 O team and didn't break any record and didn't have 18-0 before going to SB.

A big different between the twos if you ask me.

So you're saying that if we had won the Super Bowl 14-10, you would have been sitting there crying "maaaaan, WE ONLY SCORED 14 POINTS! WHAT A FAILURE!!"

The travel is a killer. Three of the last four on the road, and two back-to-back west coast weekends. Ouch.

You've got to wonder if the Pats asked for two back-to-back west coast road trips with the idea that they will just stay out there for the week in between both times. This is also a reason, logistically, that we certainly do not have the "easiest" schedule this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe