PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Harrassed by NFL/Jets Over Bugging/Electronics Suspicions - Conflicting Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florio has more details. The following dialogue is made-up by me, but pretty much what happened:

Robert Mastroddi (Jets Security Director): "What are those 2 guys doing over there by the Patriots bench in Patriots gear with headphones?"

Lenny Bandy, NFL Security (goes up to the individuals): "What are you guys doing?"

Employee #1: "I am responsible for maintaining the batteries in the referees' microphone"

Mastroddi (and this one is a direct quote): "People responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.”

Bandy: "I'll check with the league office on this."

League Office: "Uh, actually, that Patriots employee is right; the teams are responsible for maintaining the ref's gear, not the league office or league contractors."

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I AM BLEEPING PISSED AT THIS ENDLESS WITCHHUNT:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Just another example of the Pats knowing the rules when the other team doesn't.

While there's no doubt that Kraft bended over and took one on both Spygate and Deflategate, it's also true that he did manage to smear and humiliate the league in some circles in the latter matter with its release of emails. I think it's reasonable to infer that he's telling the league to hush up all new false rumors now before he releases humiliating communication about them

While it would be nice if Kraft is telling the league to hush up the rumors, I'd prefer that he just tell the league to knock the s*** off to begin with

Jets instigated sideline interrogation of three Kraft Sports employees

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.”

Lenny Bandy and **** Farley of NFL Security thereafter investigated the situation, questioning three employees of Kraft Sports, whose responsibilities include in-stadium entertainment, such as the music and other sound coming through speakers in the stadium. (Kraft Sports is owned by Robert Kraft, who also owns the Patriots.)

One of the employees also is responsible for keeping fresh batteries in the referee’s in-stadium microphone. But Mastroddi didn’t initially accept the explanation that a team employee would be responsible for ensuring the performance of the referee’s microphone; Mastroddi said “people responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.” In response to Mastroddi’s concerns, Bandy called 345 Park Avenue and spoke with Jay Reid of the officiating department, who confirmed that the referee’s in-stadium microphone is handled by the teams, not by the league."

The email obtained by PFT points out that a reporter from Sports Illustrated had approached Mastroddi after the game, because the reporter noticed that Mastroddi had been “very active” with NFL Security on the sideline. Mastroddi said he declined comment on or off the record, but that he informed Jets executives about his concerns and the ensuing investigation.

Asked Friday by reporters about the “alleged locker room sweep” on Sunday, Jets coach Todd Bowles said, “I know nothing about it.”

It’s unclear whether Bowles knows about the separate investigation; he wasn’t asked that specific question. But it’s hard to imagine that Bowles didn’t know or hadn’t since heard about it.

Asked whether he’s suspicious of the Patriots, Bowles said, “No, we just go up there to play football.”

The team’s head of security was doing more than playing football on Sunday. Whatever his game was, Mastroddi struck out swinging. The league ultimately found that “there is nothing to indicate that the conduct or actions of the aforementioned individuals [on Sunday] were inappropriate,” and the league closed the matter on Monday.

Jets instigated sideline interrogation of three Kraft Sports employees

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.”

Lenny Bandy and **** Farley of NFL Security thereafter investigated the situation, questioning three employees of Kraft Sports, whose responsibilities include in-stadium entertainment, such as the music and other sound coming through speakers in the stadium. (Kraft Sports is owned by Robert Kraft, who also owns the Patriots.)

One of the employees also is responsible for keeping fresh batteries in the referee’s in-stadium microphone. But Mastroddi didn’t initially accept the explanation that a team employee would be responsible for ensuring the performance of the referee’s microphone; Mastroddi said “people responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.” In response to Mastroddi’s concerns, Bandy called 345 Park Avenue and spoke with Jay Reid of the officiating department, who confirmed that the referee’s in-stadium microphone is handled by the teams, not by the league."

The email obtained by PFT points out that a reporter from Sports Illustrated had approached Mastroddi after the game, because the reporter noticed that Mastroddi had been “very active” with NFL Security on the sideline. Mastroddi said he declined comment on or off the record, but that he informed Jets executives about his concerns and the ensuing investigation.

Asked Friday by reporters about the “alleged locker room sweep” on Sunday, Jets coach Todd Bowles said, “I know nothing about it.”

It’s unclear whether Bowles knows about the separate investigation; he wasn’t asked that specific question. But it’s hard to imagine that Bowles didn’t know or hadn’t since heard about it.

Asked whether he’s suspicious of the Patriots, Bowles said, “No, we just go up there to play football.”

The team’s head of security was doing more than playing football on Sunday. Whatever his game was, Mastroddi struck out swinging. The league ultimately found that “there is nothing to indicate that the conduct or actions of the aforementioned individuals [on Sunday] were inappropriate,” and the league closed the matter on Monday.
just another waste of time and effort with the worthless media and the 75% of NFL fans who hate the Pats. God I hate how the NFL has become

Sniveling Kensil ..............
so, the jits head of securiry and 2 nfl security guys all didn't know who handled the refs mics...what a bunch of clowns
AssClowns actually .........

We fans have to pass through metal detectors when we go to the game. Can the pats make the opponents and equipment go through a bug sweep before they get access to the locker room?

hmmmmmmmmmm....

now you don't suppose the league office was lying about all this being random?!?!?

NFL told Pats “a team” requested sweep for bugs

But a source with knowledge of the communications occurring during the sweep for bugs tells PFT that the league told Patriots personnel that the sweep was happening not as part of a random process but at the request of “a team.”

Florio update 4 minutes ago:

"......But a source with knowledge of the communications occurring during the sweep for bugs tells PFT that the league told Patriots personnel that the sweep was happening not as part of a random process but at the request of “a team.”

The NFL didn’t say which team; in theory, it could have been the Colts. But the Patriots interpreted the message to mean that it was the Jets.

Both Esiason and the Boston Herald report that the Jets did indeed request the sweep. While the Jets still have not commented on the matter, the fact that Jets security chief Robert Mastroddi instigated a misplaced interrogation of Kraft Sports employees who were present on the Patriots sideline while wearing Patriots gear and headsets speaks to a level of paranoia that would easily prompt the Jets to ask for a sweep of the locker room for bugs — especially in light of the Sports Illustrated report from last month that multiple teams have suspected bugging of their locker rooms in New England."

Florio update 4 minutes ago:

"......But a source with knowledge of the communications occurring during the sweep for bugs tells PFT that the league told Patriots personnel that the sweep was happening not as part of a random process but at the request of “a team.”

The NFL didn’t say which team; in theory, it could have been the Colts. But the Patriots interpreted the message to mean that it was the Jets.

Both Esiason and the Boston Herald report that the Jets did indeed request the sweep. While the Jets still have not commented on the matter, the fact that Jets security chief Robert Mastroddi instigated a misplaced interrogation of Kraft Sports employees who were present on the Patriots sideline while wearing Patriots gear and headsets speaks to a level of paranoia that would easily prompt the Jets to ask for a sweep of the locker room for bugs — especially in light of the Sports Illustrated report from last month that multiple teams have suspected bugging of their locker rooms in New England."

Seriously, is ANYONE keeping a count of how many back-and-forth flip flops the NFL has now made about who requested the debugging sweep of the lockerroom on October 25th?

So the latest is that the NFL is now telling the Patriots that they lied to the public when they stated that the sweep for bugs in the lockerroom was NOT requested by another team and was merely a random procedure.

When does ANYONE (Florio????) actually corner the NFL for a definitive statement here?

Last edited:
Which lies...um...unnamed sources am I supposed to believe?

I tell ya this: I believe an unnamed source saying it was requested by a team a heckuva lot more than I believe an official league office statement saying it was all random.

-Well ya know there were 31 million viewers on Yahoo watching that Buffalo-Jacksonville game!

-No NFL team requested the bug sweep of the lockerroom at Gillette! It was random procedure!

-One of the footballs was even at 10.1!

Yeah, Yeeeaaaahhhh, THAT'S the ticket!

140207_2722962_Weekend_Update___Tommy_Flanagan_anvver_2.jpg

Last edited:
Um, ok, I request a Mastroddi cavity search.

<Insert gif of keystone cops running into each other.>

Because I'm pretty sure the NFL owns the rights to videos depicting its employees at work.

Integrity of the Shield

Ass_Shield_200_pixels_1.jpg

Last edited:
Guys stop. They were not taping OFFENSIVE coach signals.

No, we are talking about how the Pats could possibly benefit from having the defensive signals in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back