Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots Go 16-0

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by frankiesfly, Aug 27, 2006.

1. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The patriots will be next undefeated football team. They are going to be unbeatable this season, and will march through the playoffs and once again be the superbowl champions. Bill belechick will be named the best coach ever in national football leauge history. What are your predictions and where do you see the pats finishing this season.
  2. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As much as I would like to see this happen I do not think it is realistic.These days it is just to long of a season with various x factors in the way.By Mid season a lot of these guys are hurting and they are expected to give a hundred and ten percent week in and week out.Don't get me wrong,of all the teams in the leauge we have a shot at doing this.But seriously I would rather go 13-3 or 12-4 and go into the playoffs with more healthy players then breaking balls for the perfect season..16-0 is cool.But the dolphins haven't done that well since.The trophy means more to me personally.Though...I DO EXPECT we will be in the championship game again this year.
  3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -2

10-6 is just fine...put the Kool Aid down
  4. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

And then you woke up.
  5. SWelker

SWelker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anytime is too early to be talking 16-0.. but this is a little ridiculous.
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes, 16 - 0 is ridiculous.

It's more like 19 - 0.

7. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

lol

ten characters
  8. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HAHAHA!!! :rofl:

Oh man, thanks for the laugh. That had me on the floor for a couple of minutes, thanks frankies.

My favorite part is how you didn't justify your reasoning at all. I can't wait till the Fins win the East and give all you guys that rude awakening you all need oh so badly. Is there a single person on this forum that thinks the Dolphins have a chance?

As for my prediction;

....................W-L...DIV..Season series

Miami.............11-5...5-1...Sweep Pats
    New England...10-6...4-2...Swept by Fins

That is my honest assesment and if I am wrong I will come back and eat crow. But when I am right, I will be here to serve out about a thousand plates of hot steamy crow.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  9. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

aqua, disagree - not sure what you base it on, but it's at least arguable. As for this thread - it's silly, and it's EXACTLY what we don't tend to have here. This isn't KFFL.
  10. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

God...:trolls:
  11. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So, are you someone else in disguise, or are you are a supporter of another team?
  12. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I may take some heat for this.But Really.I think Miami has shot at 11-5 this year.I really havent sat down and taken a look at the schedule,But Nick Saban isnt half bad at coaching.They do still have some talent.God,Now I have to go wash out my mouth with soap.
  13. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Yes, Cat. I smell troll too. Ironic that Aqua4Ever couldn't!
  14. Haterproof

Haterproof Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I say we finish 15-1 with HFA throughout the playoffs and then go on to win our 4th Superbowl.16-0 isn't that important to me.
  15. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

13-3, SB champs.
  16. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sheer idiocy. Get that crow ready.
  17. T-Bone

T-Bone Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see the Pats easily beating the Bills twice this season, I am so looking forward to the first game of the season.

Jets need to rebuild, I see two wins there.

Dolphins are the second best team in the AFC east, but I still see the Pats winning both games.
  18. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not idocy at all. We WILL go 16-0. Brady will throw for 5500 yards and 45 TDs. Dillon, Maroney, Faulk and Cobbs, will all rush for 1000 yards. Our offensive line will give up 3 sacks all year. Rosie will break Strahan's sack record by week 9.
  19. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If you think back to when the Phins did go undefeated it is pretty remarkable, especially when you factor in that they have to travel 3 hours up north for 3 divisional games. It was actually 4 back then. Last year I thought the Colts had an excellent shot at it, but it wasn't meant to be. They've definitely taken a step back with the loss of Edge. I think the Seahawks have a chance at going 16-0 this season, but unlikely. The Pats should be good for 10-11 wins. I do believe Miami will be right there with us to the end. I think Ronnie Brown is an explosive weapon for them. However I still like the Pats to take the division.
  20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Answer me this about the 1972 Dolphins. What was the won-loss percentage of their regular season opponents? If I recall correctly, it was sub-.400.
  21. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How can you downplay that accomplishment? I may love the Sox too, but that doesn't mean I can't respect what the Yankees have done this season.
  22. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I have tremendous respect for what they did. I also would be very interested to see the details to get a better understanding of that achievement.

You made a statement about how hard it was for the Dolphins to travel up North 3 hours to play the 1972 Bills, Jets, Colts and Patriots. The answer to my question will fill in the blanks you left in your statement.

My guess is that The SF 49ers would have salivated over traveling 5 hours (it was 6 back then) to play those teams on the road and given them their home games to play on the road also.
  23. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Answer: Avg w-l-t for the 14 teams (4 of them twice):

5-8.71-.29.....a winning pct of .357. I guess I remebered that correctly.

Outside of games that those teams lost to the Dolphins, they were .385
  24. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about the fact that also during that undefeated season Miam had to use their backup QB Earl Moral for much of the season because Bob Griese had a broken leg and didn't return till the playoffs, or the fact that Miami had two 1000 yard RB's and one that ran for 500 in that season. Even though the Pats have 0 chance of going undefeated with a healthy Brady do you think if Brady goes down the Pats will go undefeated????
  25. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Once again, all that is testament to the COMPETITION they faced. If the Pats face a schedule this year of .357 teams then I'm sure both Dillon and Maroney could possibly (not definitely, possibly) have 1000 yard seasons with Faulk at 700. But there is better competition in the NFL today with the salary cap etc. so .357 is almost out of the question.

Once again, I'm not saying it wasn't a great accomplishment, it was. But comparing the NFL of 1972 to that of today's is ludicrous. They are two completely different universes. The Dolphins definitely set the bar for the 1970's NFL.
  26. Pats67

Pats67 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, you're serving something hot and steamy, and fowl, but it doesn't smell like crow to me.
  27. Welker83

Welker83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And then the acid wore off... OK let me put it this way...NO WAY!

And it's not even a knock on your team. It's the way BB coaches. If the Pats are sitting at 14-0 (somehow)and have won the division and all the home field advantage then he is going to start sitting starters and coast through the last few games. He did it last year and he will do it again...
  28. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

Not a fair comparision because the Qb position is much more vital today than it was then. The Dolphins only threw the ball about 15 times a game (IIRC, the average in the league was about 19-20 times a game that season).
    The early 70s was football dominated by the run. The 00s are dominated by the pass.
    If the 72 Dolphins were capable of going undefeated today, the impact of losing their QB would be 100 times was it was then,
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2005
  29. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dont think anyone will ever go undefeated again. Anyone who disagrees doesn't understand 21st century football.
  30. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If what you're saying is true then why didn't the Steelers ever go undefeated or the Packers?? Fact is the era doesn't matter because the talent in 72 was not an edge for just the 72 Dolphins. Teams that faced the Dolphins in 72 knew they were going to run the ball week in and week out, all the defense had to do was focus on the running game, today teams have to be far more balaenced. Every team in 72 was getting their talent from the same talent pool as the 2006 talent pool, it wasn't like the 72 Dolphins had the talented players of 2006 while everyone else had the talent of players from 72, in other words the Dolphins in 72 didn't have an edge on everyone else when setting up their roster. The whole reason FA was created was to create parody, that's the biggest reason teams will no longer have the chance to go undefeated.