PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots corner situation and overall Defense thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsfanCP

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have been saying this through his rookie season Logan Ryan has to be one of the worst corners in the NFL period.

his overall technique is very poor plus he seems to be lost at times in what the pats are doing on defense.

he does not track or attack the ball with aggression

at best Ryan could be a ok nickel corner or fourth corner i like they way he was used in 2014 but revis and browner were on the team.

Ryan has no business being outside hopefully rowe can help.

Another thing Malcom Butler has a alot of heart but he struggles with the more physical wrs he lacks overall strength to compete plus his technique is not great

Doug baldwin is good Wr he is not great he played with Butler and ryan like they were kids last night.

Coleman is bad to in spots but he kind of plays his role

Butler will never be a elite corner We all loved him for that super bowl play one of the happiest moments of my senior year of high school lol

He is listed at 5′ 11″190 lbs That is a lie

Butler is about 5 feet 9 and half to 5 feet 10 flat i say he is 180-185

he could be a good slot corner to.

All of this hit me week 7 of 2015 vs the jets in Foxborough.

Erick Decker manhandled Butler to create separation he seemed so much stronger than Butler

This Patriots Defense is awful very 2011 like but Call me crazy the 2011 team had more of a pass rush better run defense with wilfork.

The patriots defenses line was manhandled by maybe the worst offensive line in the nfl that is a major red flag the saints played overall better defense vs the seahawks.

the patriots are also very slow on D.

im a die hard fan but his patriots team will get homefield and be get put out the playoffs at home in the second round maybe afc championship.
this team is not superbowl calibur and we all know it.

Defense needs work and fast. I am worried come playoff time with the defense. Other teams could follow Seattle's plan and pick us apart like that. The secondary is a concern. I would rather Butler and Rowe on the outside with Ryan in the slot. Ryan seems better suited for a slot role. With that then Coleman can be #4 CB which would be better at this time. I liked Coleman better last year, he seems to be struggling this year.

And obviously we need to generate more of a pass rush. A better pass rush helps the secondary. Not sure how though, as stated above, we do not have the personnel.

And obviously we need to generate more of a pass rush. A better pass rush helps the secondary. Not sure how though, as stated above, we do not have the personnel.

It like the Qbs have all day in the pocket Russell was running in circles in seemed for at least up to 3 and half seconds.

the Patriots defense is getting beat physically this team is to offensive dominated vs good teams if the offense is not 100% percent perfect its over The Defense can not get a stop.

teams like the cowboys even the saints defenses who are not super talented play with so much more fight than the pats

Can Mingo rush the passer? Have they tried that? Doesn't seem like McClellin can at all. Maybe if Van Noy gets up to speed he can help out.

Can Mingo rush the passer? Have they tried that? Doesn't seem like McClellin can at all. Maybe if Van Noy gets up to speed he can help out.

Bill likes guys to be able to set the edge and hold it don Mingo lacks the strength.

van noy has to get up to speed.

plus Rodney Harrison mentioned this at half on the Sunday night broadcast how he hates how the patriots just sit back and dont blitz at all.

i really think the reason for this is because Bill and matt patricia know how bad the secondary is as a whole

Kraft time to open up your wallet and start paying for GOOD NFL players to fix this defense in the offseason

patriots dont have a scheme problem its a talent problem on Defense

They are scheming to accommodate for the deficiencies in the talent level.

McCellin should not see the field at all. It seems every time he's playing something bad happens. I'd like to see more Mingo or Van Noy. We had issues major issues covering everybody last night which included their running backs. This is something going forward that other teams might look to advantage of.

McCellin should not see the field at all. It seems every time he's playing something bad happens. I'd like to see more Mingo or Van Noy. We had issues major issues covering everybody last night which included their running backs. This is something going forward that other teams might look to advantage of.

Mclellin is very slow

Lack of talent can only be hidden by good coaching so much, but the real stupidity comes when you actually have talent, don't pay them for whatever reason (Collins and Jones) and expect everything to be alright. Can someone please explain to me why they didn't get Haden in return? Cleveland at this point couldn't really care who they give up so at least make demands for some talent they actually do have. Why not a cap friendly hit like Joe Thomas? But no we get a measly 3rd rd pick who will undoubtedly be another no name instead of best available.

Lack of talent can only be hidden by good coaching so much, but the real stupidity comes when you actually have talent, don't pay them for whatever reason (Collins and Jones) and expect everything to be alright. Can someone please explain to me why they didn't get Haden in return? Cleveland at this point couldn't really care who they give up so at least make demands for some talent they actually do have. Why not a cap friendly hit like Joe Thomas? But no we get a measly 3rd rd pick who will undoubtedly be another no name instead of best available.
Perhaps the Browns should hang up some flyers before their next fire sale, because it certainly looks like they weren't nearly as willing to give guys up as you say. If Joe Thomas had really been available at a reasonable price, then the Patriots would have played against him last night.

People focus too much on Ryan. The zone issues were not all his fault. There was a lot of miscommunications in the secondary. That is on Patricia, McCourty (who calls the assignments), and the defensive coaching staff.

And the fact that the Pats played a soft zone with a two and three man rush, is 100% on Patricia. You can't expect the players to make plays when you put them in a position to fail. I still don't know how you can drop 9 players into coverage and still give receivers a 5-10 yard cushion in gaps in the secondary.

Matt Patricia was the biggest reason the Pats failed last night on defense and there wasn't a close second.

Not much left to talk about. He's played awful. But it's 100% unfair to pin that **** show on 1 player. I'd attribute 25% of blame to Ryan, 65% to play calling and whatever's left to the rest of the D. Just sloppy.

I dont get the zone last night Seattle WRs are very average you have to make them win. Zone was a hot mess (im looking at you Pat Chung)

I dont get the zone last night Seattle WRs are very average you have to make them win. Zone was a hot mess (im looking at you Pat Chung)
With posts like this, I'm starting to think that Doug Baldwin might the most underrated WR in the NFL. The Seahawks made him the 8th highest paid WR because of his ability to take over games.

Every team, even SB teams, have relative weaknesses. The weakness of this team is at corner. Belichick will continue to juggles depending on who we are playing. Obviously, we were hoping Jones would help this year (or even last year's hope: Roberts).

As it is, we need better play from the front seven.

That being said, the Seattle OL, and their rookie running back, played a game far above their talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes