PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claim (update: Cut) RB Trey Williams - (Flowers to IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Bill is saying here, "Wow, our offense was really freakin' good with Dion in it. Our offense will be getting all of its parts back by the postseason, except Dion. Hey, that guy kinda reminds me of Dion. Hey, I'll sign him and let him study the playbook to be ready for the playoffs too!"

can he suit up against philly? that's like a pre season game.... :)

The NFL blocked this content, because they hate the Patriots.

lol If you click the title of the video it should take you to the original YouTube page where you can watch it. For some reason they don't allow people to view their videos linked through other websites.

Except for that "Don't ask him to pass protect or pick up blitzes" claim.
With Manziel that was not what the coaches wanted him to do. That report is not accurate. That comment is basically just based on his height and weight. He is more jacked than Lewis, about same weight. He is no lightweight, he hits the hole hard and does not go down as easy as the report suggest.
If he does not cause any turnovers and the coaches can work with him, watch out!

Last edited:
Hopefully he can pick up the offense. I watched him at A&M and the kid has a VERY similar skillset to Dion Lewis. If he can even he half of what Lewis was, he'd be an improvement over White.

This offense is more about stretching the defense horizontally rather than vertically. This could be just what the doctor ordered. And since Jerruh the dimwit cut Williams, well, what better recommendation can a guy get?

With Manziel that was not what the coaches wanted him to do. That report is not accurate. That comment is basically just based on his height and weight. He is more jacked than Lewis, about say weight. He is no lightweight, he hits the hole hard and does not go down as easy as the report suggest.
If he does not cause any turnovers and the coaches can work with him, watch out!
You're his agent, aren't you. ;)

On Flowers:
He is the 20th guy placed on IR. That's a ton. Five, I believe, received injury settlements.
Amazing, with the Revis, Wilfork, Mankins, and Arrington dead money and 20 IR moves that they can afford a winning team!

Sucks to see Flowers get IR'd but as someone mentioned we could afford to take the hit there. I liked what I saw from that first pre-season clip. Just seeing that same juke move that we saw from Lewis got my hopes up. Let's just hope it comes with the vision and pass catching ability Lewis showed too

I don't know what they'll do with White in the short term [if the new guy sticks] but I really might use him as a receiver. White just doesn't have the marbles to run tough in the NFL, but he's an excellent receiver.

Is Flowers actually injured? Or is this just a move to free space?

Figured Cleveland would be cut at some point, but they must like his skill set with Williams gimpy.

You're his agent, aren't you. ;)
Not really;), I just feel he was not scouted properly, Texas A&M had too many weapons to go around, he played two years with Manziel who liked to run himself. Then he had Kenny Hill who the coaches called for vertical passing to Reynolds, Seals-Jones, Pope all 6-4ft or taller receivers.
Talk of a gift from Jerry. He is the type Brady can work with and I know this organization is the best for him.

I was really hoping expecting to see Flowers in some real game action soon. It'll have to wait until next year. This Williams guy looks pretty good. Let's hope he can be what we need him to be!

Is Flowers actually injured? Or is this just a move to free space?

Figured Cleveland would be cut at some point, but they must like his skill set with Williams gimpy.
That Foxboro Flu is going around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back