PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots can clinch AFC East next week (+ Bye Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots can clinch AFC East next week

The Jets have to beat the Steelers? Oh well, we will have to wait another week because that ain't happening.

Not happening. I predict JetSkins lose remaining 3. Dirty Sanchez and Sexy Wrecksie have been exposed.

Typical Jets ....their loud mouthed fans run their mouths all summer and early fall (emphasize early!). The good news is Com-Plain-Ian had a first down dance today....and the Jets won the September Super Bowl again! :rocker:

regardless the jets will make the plaofffs they just need 10 wins for a wildcard

Chiefs (11-5) and Colts (10-6) could win AFC West and South.

Chargers and Jaguars could then both go 10-6 which would force a three way tiebreaker with the Jets at 10-6.

Chiefs (11-5) and Colts (10-6) could win AFC West and South.

Chargers and Jaguars could then both go 10-6 which would force a three way tiebreaker with the Jets at 10-6.

wow wow wow... hold your horses i am still holding out hope for a buffalo victory and the jets to go 9-7. Have to dream big people

Chargers are going to finish 10-6.

vs 49ers, @ Bengals, @ Broncos.

Jets will at BEST finish 10-6. (LOL @ going 2-1 against @ Steelers, @ Bears, vs Bills)

They might not even get wild card.

Chargers are going to finish 10-6.

vs 49ers, @ Bengals, @ Broncos.

Jets will at BEST finish 10-6. (LOL @ going 2-1 against @ Steelers, @ Bears, vs Bills)

They might not even get wild card.

those are two tough defenses that sanches is going to have to take on... here's hoping it's bitterly cold at Pit and Chicago hoping 0 TD's 4 INT'
s

regardless the jets will make the plaofffs they just need 10 wins for a wildcard

Imagine that and we went home with 11-5 ... that still stings.

And remember Jets fans, you don't have the Colts to lay down for you this year.

Can't wait to buy my division title cap next week.

those are two tough defenses that sanches is going to have to take on... here's hoping it's bitterly cold at Pit and Chicago hoping 0 TD's 4 INT'
s
I just played with the playoff generator at yahoo...

Sandy Ego wins out, Jets lose at Pit and Chicago, both tie at 10-6. Sandy Ego gets the 6th seed assuming KC wins out (St Louis, TN, Oak)....

Divisional round would then have Sandy at New England.

The Patriots will win the division. The key now is the bye so we can enjoy wild card weekend and await the opponent. The Jets are in retrograde and may miss the playoffs.

The Jets were a bit premature in their celebration and now are dealing with a retrograde issue.
I would bet Rex and his morbid obesity suffer the same challenges with Mrs. Ryan.

I just played with the playoff generator at yahoo...

Sandy Ego wins out, Jets lose at Pit and Chicago, both tie at 10-6. Sandy Ego gets the 6th seed assuming KC wins out (St Louis, TN, Oak)....

Divisional round would then have Sandy at New England.

I am not alone when I say that SD is the one team I DO NOT want to face in the playoffs. Too volatile...too unpredictable. No thank you.

yeah i am really worries about 2 teams san diego and ravens... brady seems to go well against Pit and i think we showed that if we turn up we can tourch the jets.

wildcards here are kansas city and jags... have no idea how we'd play them... specially seeing a BB team come up against his once coordinators weise and crennel

Since the Jets play the Steelers next week either A or B can happen (not both).

A) Assuming the Jets win out: the Patriots need to defeat either the Bills or the Jets to clinch #1 seed (tie break goes to the Patriots on SOV or SOS?)

B) Assuming the Steelers win out: the Patriots need to win 2 out of 3 and they clinch the #1 seed.

Since scenario B requires 2 more wins while scenario A requires only 1 more division win, rooting for the Jets seems in order (especially considering Pitt plays Carolina and Cleveland after the Jet game).....as distasteful as that is.

Last edited:
Since the Jets play the Steelers next week either A or B can happen (not both).

A) Assuming the Jets win out: the Patriots need to defeat either the Bills or the Jets to clinch #1 seed (tie break goes to the Patriots on SOV or SOS?)

B) Assuming the Steelers win out: the Patriots need to win 2 out of 3 and they clinch the #1 seed.

Since scenario B requires 2 more wins while scenario A requires only 1 more division win, rooting for the Jets seems in order (especially considering Pitt plays Carolina and Cleveland after the Jet game).....as distasteful as that is.

Can't do it, won't do it. The Steelers will just have to lose some other game.

Colts are the only team i don't want to play. Not b/c of that team, but b/c of the refs. I can't believe that i have to actually say that.

What a joke of a league it can be.

Colts are the only team i don't want to play. Not b/c of that team, but b/c of the refs. I can't believe that i have to actually say that.

What a joke of a league it can be.

agree 100%....Polian Rules

agree 100%....Polian Rules

Same here. After the 2006 AFCCG, no Pats fan has to apologize for dreading the Zebras in a Colts game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back