PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Are 5th Most Popular Team According to NFL.com Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked the Patriots are that low. They're usually in the top 3. Always behind the Steelers and Cowboys. That SB really helped GB out apparently, I haven't seen them in the top 5 before.

conversely, two super bowl losses doesn't help us....TY wes welker.

Anybody here a fan of Charles Schultz' "Peanuts" cartoons? The Jets are such a sad sack group, they are the Charlie Brown of the NFL.

You say the Jags are Charlie Brown? No sir. The Jags are the token black kid, Frankin. Franklin was always there, but not so you'd really notice. That's the Jags. They are in the NFL, but nobody really notices them.

Charlie Brown, however, tried so hard to be relevent. And he always failed.

Charlie Brown would stand on his head to get the attention of the little red-haired girl. Just like Rex Ryan, though good ol' Rex prefers the little hairy foot.

Charlie Brown begged for his dog Snoopy to love and respect him, but Snoopy always laughed at his hapless owner. Mark Sanchez. Although the little red-haired girl might have been the right age for Sanchez now that I think of it.

Charlie Brown was truly Peppermint Pattie's little b1tch. She abused him constantly. Peppermint PATtie? Hmmmm.

Despite years of disappointments and failures, Charlie Brown remained the eternal optimist. Every time Lucy held the football for him, THIS was going to be the time she didn't pull it away, and he was going to kick the ball to the moon. Jets fans in the off season. Ever the optimists. The off season champs 12 years running. And then the season starts, and Lucy pulls the ball away again.

Good grief, Jets.

Bottom half of the league in popularity? Rex's big mouth, whoring out to Hard Knocks, moving out of Giants Stadium were all supposed to lead to relevence.

So a poll of 2000 random people are representing over 300 million? This pole is a joke. Actually according to this pole the real America's team is "No Preference" at 10%

That sounds about right, does anyone remember the days prior to the NFL being top dog???... remember every years getting the JC Penney Catalog or Sears Catalog and looking for Pats Gear.... there would be none, but there would be Dallas, Packers, Giants and Steelers..

This may be a historical issue, and fandom can be passed intergenerationally.

Sorry OT, but Ahh, the Sears Catalog. When I was a kid I used to love reading and re-reading the ads for those motorized four wheelers which were the descendants of today's ATV.

Yeah, I'm surprised the Pats are in the top 5. I'm actually surprised the Jets are as high as 19. They're probably back on the down swing now that people are starting to realize they still suck.

Also, I know a Jags fan. So there's at least one.

Yeah, but isn't he playing for the Jets now? So I dunno!

I'm shocked the Patriots are that low. They're usually in the top 3. Always behind the Steelers and Cowboys. That SB really helped GB out apparently, I haven't seen them in the top 5 before.

10-15 years ago the pats wasnt even in the top-10. the packers, cowboys and the steelers were.

10-15 years ago the pats wasnt even in the top-10. the packers, cowboys and the steelers were.
So what you're saying is if you're a winner you're popular. Geez people are fickle. ;)

So what you're saying is if you're a winner you're popular. Geez people are fickle. ;)

I was quoting a user saying he is "shocked" that the pats arnt higher on that list, while pats started to win those teams already had a huge fanbase for a long time cause they were already succesfull.

I didnt say nothing. :snob:

Last edited:
I was quoting a user saying he is "shocked" that the pats arnt higher on that list, while pats started to win those teams already had a huge fanbase for a long time cause they were already succesfull.

I didnt say nothing. :snob:
Perhaps the emoticon winkey face didn't convey it enough but I was agreeing with you. If you win, people love you.

Oh, pickelwizzle...

We might be the 5th, yet Birmingham's New Era hat shop has one Pats hat (which I bought) and had more Jags and Panthers hats than Pats hats!

Makes no sense!

What's new?

The Cowboys have always been popular as well as the Steelers, Giants etc.

I bet we were ranked even lower (in the high 20's) back in the 70's-80's.

The were plenty of punks growing up that hated the Pats-just because.
Sometimes because of who their daddy liked....and sometimes it was just just OLD Giants fans (pre-N.E.P's)

I love New England and wouldn't live anywhere else in this country.

(except Hawaii, Alaska or maybe Montana)

Ha, fascinating. Jets and Chargers are quite low, pretty surprised.

Really? The Chargers have struggled to sell out playoff games over the last decade...

I love New England and wouldn't live anywhere else in this country.

(except Hawaii, Alaska or maybe Montana)

Hawaii?...nice to visit...but ..it's still island living...tried it...always come back to the mainland.

Alaska?...drove the trans-Alaskan highway back in 1975....again...nice visit...live there?...uh...anyway ,nice place to visit

Montana?....in the lyrics of the immortal Frank Zappa...

Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon
(yes I am)
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune
I'm pluckin' the ol' Dennil Floss
That's growin' on the prairie
Pluckin' the floss!
I plucked all day an' all nite an' all Afternoon...
I'm ridin' a small tiny hoss
(His name is MIGHTY LITTLE)
He's a good hoss
Even though He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
Any way I'm pluckin' the ol' Dennil Floss
Even if you think it is a little silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks
I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big
An' ride him all along the border line
With a Pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss
But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss

I'm suprised the Steelers are only 4th. Then again there's just a .1% difference between 4 and 2.

But their fans are literally everywhere

I'm suprised the Steelers are only 4th. Then again there's just a .1% difference between 4 and 2.

But their fans are literally everywhere

I am sure that the Steelers fan forums are filled with people railing about the injustice, how the poll was rigged, and how the NFL and everyone everywhere hates them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News