PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots (-2.5) open as favorites against Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens are playing well right now and to be honest, I don't know exactly what we'll see with the Mossless Pats. I'd say the Pats should be at least slight dogs.

If the Pats can pick up the blitzes like they did against the Jets, the Pats should be able to move the ball at will against the pathetic Ravens secondary.

We think the Pats have it bad at DB, I feel really bad for Ravens fans. Their secondary will eventually derail their season.

And who the hell knows what Pats defense will come out next Sunday.

I see the trendy assumption that the Ravens still have a pathetic secondary is still out in the air. It's real pathetic that the Ravens were only giving up 119 passing yards a game, best in the NFL. Orton's stats are skewed, he got 100 of those yards and both touchdowns off desperation heaves, one came when they were already down 17-0, and the other came at the end of the game. When it mattered most, the Broncos couldn't throw the ball.

Other than you being a homer I honestly don't know how you can say that the Ravens secondary is going to fall apart. We have a group of corners, while none of them are Darrele Revises, Charles Woodsons, or Champ Baileys, play well as a group together, and they don't even have Ed Reed roaming the field behind them.

Up until Randygate, I would have said that you guys would have won. But now you have no deep threat, and it is going to hurt you. Teams that dink and dunk don't fare very well against the Ravens defense. You have to beat us deep.

Randygate?

The spread IS saying that the Ravens are favored, and I think it goes back to the beat down last January

Last edited:
Its not surprising really. Home advantage and coming off a bye is a huge advantage. Tbh I'd take the Patriots for this one and I think the they should be 7.5pt favourites. The loss of Moss should work to their advantage first time out because the Ravens just don't know what they should prepare for.

Last edited:
Yup. Does anyone honestly know what happened to force him out? It's a controversy, and Randygate has a ring to it. :D
No, not really. The stories just keep coming out, some contradicting others. So its hard to know Exactly what took place. I think it was a combination of him not wanting to be here for various reasons, his skills diminishing just enough that he wasn't as effective as he once was. Route running, was another.

Last edited:
Spread at the link was -3 with the Pats favored ie a push at a neutral site. Interesting I thought the Ravens would be favored.

I see the trendy assumption that the Ravens still have a pathetic secondary is still out in the air. It's real pathetic that the Ravens were only giving up 119 passing yards a game, best in the NFL. Orton's stats are skewed, he got 100 of those yards and both touchdowns off desperation heaves, one came when they were already down 17-0, and the other came at the end of the game. When it mattered most, the Broncos couldn't throw the ball.

Other than you being a homer I honestly don't know how you can say that the Ravens secondary is going to fall apart. We have a group of corners, while none of them are Darrele Revises, Charles Woodsons, or Champ Baileys, play well as a group together, and they don't even have Ed Reed roaming the field behind them.

Up until Randygate, I would have said that you guys would have won. But now you have no deep threat, and it is going to hurt you. Teams that dink and dunk don't fare very well against the Ravens defense. You have to beat us deep.

I think this is the first time in the history of this forum that anybody has called HEY BRO a homer. Wow! :eek:

Vegas usually is more often right than wrong.

The QBs you guys have faced this season:

1. Against Sanchez who may have had his worst game as a pro. It turns out, the Jets O-coordinator called a ridiculously conservative game and has opened it up ever since.

2. Carson has had a mediocre year. He played awful against you guys.

3. Seneca Wallace. Career backup

4. Charlie Batch. Career backup

5. Kyle Orton. He threw for a lot of yards even though he has no sort of running game whatsoever which the Ravens knew coming in.

Point is, your defense has looked pretty good, but it hasn't faced anyone like the Pats offense. We'll miss Randy, but I don't think we'll struggle on offense like you think we will.

I guess the blow in Vegas must be pretty good. The oddsmakers are clearly high.
Guess not, looks like early money was coming in on the pats, hence the line now being at 3

Wow, that's surprising. Makes a little sense with the Pats' home record being as good as it's been over the past few years, but I thought it would be a pick em at best.

it's only monday. let's see where the money goes in the next couple of days.

The Ravens are the best team in the NFL. I will be surprised if the Patriots keep it close.

ROFL. What?
The Ravens are good but they are far from the best team in the NFL.
Their offense looks inept at times.
Their DL hides the weaknesses of their secondary.

They are a solid team but they are far from the best and the Pats have as good a chance as any of beating them, particularly at home. There is NO DOMINANT team in the NFL right now.

I agree that there is no dominant team.

However, if you had to pick one team right now, the Ravens have had the most impressive season thus-far.

No team has two better quality wins than the Ravens do, at New York and at Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
I figured the Ravens would be favored. I'm guessing most mediots will pick the Ravens.
If we can contain Rice, I think we win.

ROFL. What?

Far a away the best team in the NFL??? What the hell? Who do you think is the best team in the NFL then? The Ravens are far and away worse than them? They are the best team in the NFL, what the hell are you talking about...

I bet it's a pick em' by game time. Actually wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens are -1 to -1.5 by then. With the way they have played and the fact Moss is gone people are going to jump on them as the week goes by. Good for the Pats to keep the underdog role going!

Hey, a troll. Woo-hoo.

We've seen the Pats pick apart a lot of D's this year, without too much trouble, using Moss, Welker and our new TE, instead of just relying on Randy when you beat us down last year. We're getting a semblance of a running game. Our special teams have been a plus as well. I'm thinking we can score about 21.

My concern is, can we stop Rice, Heap, Boldin, Mason, and Housh. I'd say we have been playing better positional football within the D in the last 2 games, which has led to some big plays off QB mistakes. But if Flacco keeps the foulups down, I can easily see Baltimore scoring 28. He's had 6 picks thus far. I could also see Rice and McGahee rolling up 200 yards on this D.

So I would expect the Ravens to win, but I can see some scenarios where the Pats squeak out a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News