Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots 0-4 in Pre-season. What does Las Vegas think this means about SB chances?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

Not much by the looks of it.

Chicken Littles should note that the Patriots remain the #1 favorite to win the 2009 Super Bowl.

Even with an 0-4 pre-season. Even with Brady not playing a pre-season game, the Patriots are considered the safest bet to win the Super Bowl with +300 (which should temper the non-chicken littles to remind them that even under the best of circumstances, winning a Super Bowl is hard.)

http://www.nsawins.com/super-bowl-odds.shtml
    http://www.1800-sports.com/super-bowl-betting-odds.shtml

The Jets and Dolphins fans are certainly taking great satisfaction in thier 3-1 preseason records, though likely not relishing the chances Las Vegas (and ultimately the betting public) gives them to win the Super Bowl.

Generally I don't pay much attention to these things, and understand the odds reflect not so much the predictions of Las Vegas "experts" but reflect how the betting public views the chances of any particular team (i.e. the odds are designed to keep money even and ensure the House wins) - but I felt this might provide some perspective to anyone freaking out about an 0-4 preseason.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. Trocadile

Trocadile On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Patriots 0-4 in Pre-season. What does Las Vegas think this means about SB chance

Uh ... that's not 300-1, that's +300. In other words, bet $100 to win $300. 300-1 would be a very attractive bet.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Re: Patriots 0-4 in Pre-season. What does Las Vegas think this means about SB chance

Right, that's 3-1 not 300-1. There would be a hell of a lot of $10 to $100 bets on the Patriots to win the SB if they were 300-1 :)

4. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So the OP started this thread to try and make other posters feel bad.

:rofl:

5. Grizzafted

Grizzafted Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

jesus, i was just trying to figure that out. i was doing the math there, and thinking that you'd just put twenty bucks on every team and win anywhere from 6 to like 100 grand.

6. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Buy low...!

7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

Shows what I know about betting. :rofl:

Still - the Patriots have the best odds - and isn't that the point?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  8. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

well yeah i say take the bet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.