PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Pass released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pass Released

Yes...THAT wa squite an incredible one..ONLY for a few yards..BUT?? Pass was NOT all that bad..he was a solid STer...
Actually he was THAT bad. I hate him because he made a bunch of snarky comments after Branch was traded, and sharpied Branchs' number on his do-rag. Causing dissent against the team AND being a sucky player? What nerve.

Actually he was THAT bad. I hate him because he made a bunch of snarky comments after Branch was traded, and sharpied Branchs' number on his do-rag. Causing dissent against the team AND being a sucky player? What nerve.

Sucky? As a seventh round pick, he played (and contributed) on three Super Bowl teams. I was surprised they cut him, only because he seems like the only pass-catching FB out of the bunch.

Now it looks like a TE will play FB. Unless they sign Larry Centers. ;)

Sucky? As a seventh round pick, he played (and contributed) on three Super Bowl teams. I was surprised they cut him, only because he seems like the only pass-catching FB out of the bunch.

Now it looks like a TE will play FB. Unless they sign Larry Centers. ;)
Ok....mediocre...regardless mediocre players shouldnt shoot off at the mouth

One play I remember from years ago: Pass rolled out into the flat and Brady fell down but still threw a completion to him -- Brady's pass to Pass from his ass.

IIRC, that happened against the Bungles in December of '04. Other notables from that game:
Asante's pick-6 on a route-jump exactly as he would do to PayaTon 2 years later;
Kelley Washington has 2 catches for 35 yards, incl. a 27-yd TD. I guess that's what Bill saw in him;
Troy Brown makes an INT in the EZ, but instead of taking a knee, he runs it out and is tackled at his own 3. Those crazy rookie DBs...

Just one week later, in Miami, Brady forces a pass almost from his backside in the 4th quarter. That pass, however, is intercepted. Miami then scores the game-winning TD. Also notable are the impacts made by Wes Welker & Sammy Morris.

Good times, good times...

Not really surprising,The Pats probably wanted to see if Pass could help out in his blocking scheme and on STs and to see how he was physically after more than a year off,They probably gave him a physical and he was too out of shape or did not perform up to standard in practice or maybe he even decided he didnt want to play anymore after testing the waters again.

I would think that once Maroney goes on the injury list again before mid season :rolleyes:,Pass will get a call

maybe Pass stubbed his toe and it reminded BB how fragile he was.

Reiss is reporting Pass was walking with his equipment to the locker room, when he got a charlie horse, screamed and tossed his pads in the air. Hope hes ok:(

This is turning into another Adam Sewardesque thread REAL fast

Maybe BB threw the Patsfans forum a couple of bones (sign/release).

I don't wish to be rude, but... best news I heard all day.

He's probably not in football shape after the layoff. I thought the RB crew was pretty well stocked anyways so Pass didn't have a very good chance of making the team even if he had been in shape.

BB needed a body, who knew the system, who was cheap,who lived nearby, who was available...Pass fit all that criteria.

Minicamp ended, no longer needed he got cut. Can't say I'm surprised that he got cut but also can't say that I wasn't hoping that he would catch on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes