PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pathetic [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momentum is a big part of football. And from what we've all observed with Cassell at the helm, who frankly is a SCRUB as an NFL level QB, this team is gaining absolutely NO momentum with him under center. Its impossible to judge these guys on many levels and from a win-loss perspective because the leadership at the most vital position just isnt there. Im gonna be shocked if MC makes this team.

But the Brady foot mystery is wearing my patience incredibly thin. After the SB high-ankle sprain drama and the results that ensued, Im taking nothing for granted. Everyone- full prayers daily for Brady's foot. Please.

Re: Terrible half

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not defending Cassel at all. I think he's history at the first cut-down day and should be. My concerns are rooted much more in the lack of defensive intensity from our first team guys and our special teams. We literally couldn't get off of the field against them in the first half. I typically put little or no stock in these scrimmages, but I have to admit I was a little stunned this evening.

that happened last season quite a bit. fortunately our offense outscored teams big time.

do we remember aj feely? kyle boller?

the concerning part is that we thought it was addressed to upgrade the defense this offseason.

it is way to early to make any judgement. we have lots of new parts, missing parts, we've added youth and speed, lost parts and it's gonna take time for them to mesh.

it's not how we're playing in august.... it's improving every week and whether we start peaking around thanksgiving.

You guys are focusing on the wrong problem. The defense has looked HORRID the entire pre-season. D-line - bad. LB's - mediocre to bad. Safties - bad. DB's really bad. They look lifeless out there. No fire at all. Out of position, getting beat off the line, getting pushed around, missed tackles. It's BAD.

Last edited:
I really don't think of belichick as the kind of guy to give a flying F about a game that doesn't matter.

You guys are focusing on the wrong problem. The defense has looked HORRID the entire pre-season. D-line - bad. LB's - mediocre to bad. Safties - bad. DB's really bad. They look lifeless out there. No fire at all. Out of position, getting beat off the line, getting pushed around, missed tackles. It's BAD.

Now you know how Baltimore and Chicago feel.

It's ridiculous how Cassel is stealing all these first team reps from Gutz and O'Connell. He's been given three games of opportunities and hasn't made much if it.

At what point do you move on and start grooming someone else?

I really don't think of belichick as the kind of guy to give a flying F about a game that doesn't matter.

ya it's fine if the first offense does little to nothing. the defense isn't consistent and special teams gave up two td's.

why the heck was the game played?:confused:

ya it's fine if the first offense does little to nothing. the defense isn't consistent and special teams gave up two td's.

why the heck was the game played?:confused:
Preseason games are the football equivalent of taunting starving people with pictures of food. It looks like the real thing, but you get no satisfaction out of seeing it and it only makes you hungrier for the real thing.

Preseason games are the football equivalent of taunting starving people with pictures of food. It looks like the real thing, but you get no satisfaction out of seeing it and it only makes you hungrier for the real thing.

oh.... get the fans ravenous:eek:

Now you know how Baltimore and Chicago feel.

It's ridiculous how Cassel is stealing all these first team reps from Gutz and O'Connell. He's been given three games of opportunities and hasn't made much if it.

Good points.
DW Toys

... against the Eagles 3rd team defense.

Goots played with a 3rd team offense as well, Cassel had a better cast to work with.

Goots = 14 points, 217 yards in 1 and a half quarters

Cassel = ZERO TD's in 3 starts

No contest.

Re: Pathetic (merged)

Ok, I am going to be the first to propose this:

We tank the season and go 0-16 and get the first pick in next year's draft. We can also be the first team ever to follow up a 16-0 season with an 0-16 season.

Why bother playing? We can't look good in the preseason, how can we look good in the regular season? If Cassel can't run this offense, how can we expect Brady to run it?

============================================================

I would be fine with that.
:)

I think this is a lesson for us fans, preseason or not. We've been overly ****y on some fronts and I think we need to be humble... but not too much.

Grooming of O'Connell has already started.

Next year he'll be #2.

This year Cassel is #2.

You can cry and moan all you want, but if you look at the way BB is assigning reps, you have to see who he (BB) likes best of his backups.

Cassel isn't stealing reps. BB is assigning reps the way he always does: The #2 guy gets the reps with the first team to prepare himself in the event he is needed during the season.

The only disconnect is between what you and BB think about the QB situation.

Cassel SUCKs. He should be gone by next monday because he hasn't performanced well. 2 QB rookies has 2 TDs each. Cassel has 0. It speaks for itself.

Last edited:
too many people put too much stock into the pre season. i am not worried at all

too many people put too much stock into the pre season. i am not worried at all

yeah neither am I....heck even in BB's post game report...he mentioned this was a great learning experience......thats all....an learning experience...so we shall be fine....

Dude....NO offense.....but you just do not get it.....Matt Cassel is a FAILURE in the NFL....or at least for this team....the team may lack passion while he is in there....but what do you know.....they seemed to get it going again for Gutierrez....who they obviously have confidence in.....FACE this FACT.....Cassel does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB......sorry.....

No he's not. He's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes