PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pathetic [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Terrible half

Cassel has been bad, but any thought that he's the main issue here is a naive one. This team right now lacks passion, drive and any sort of toughness. I know this is pre-season, but this reminds me of the pre-Parcells days.

Maybe they lack that because Cassell is in the game.

Re: Pathetic (merged)

I have to side with the "Chicken Littles" this evening. We look terrible at virtually every position; not just QB.

Big deal. Belichick warned everyone on Monday that he was basically tanking this game. He said the short week made it impossible to do any gameplan and he wouldn't approach this game like a regular 3rd preseason game. The Eagles did.

I expect this or worse. If you listened to Belichick, you would too.

The Colts are 3-13 in the pre-season since 2005.

Wonder if their fans get this riled up every pre-season.
We do. For every cry of Cassel sucks there is a cry of Sorgi sucks.

Last edited:

Stupid thread.

What did you guys expect with a 4 day turn around, an offensive playbook of around 30 plays and no defensive packages.

Everything is going to be okay... Learn not to judge a TEAM's performance in the preseason as opposed to the individuals. There has been a couple of players who have stood out and earned a spot in the 53.

On the other side of the coin, some players have been exposed and the Patriots will be better off because of it.

I have to side with the "Chicken Littles" this evening. We look terrible at virtually every position; not just QB.

You just don't know how much of a difference Tom Brady makes.

Unless of course you were being sarcastic and I totally missed it.:)

how many more chances does cassel get?

i dont think the win loss record matters. if they played decent for the first and pulled the starters and lost in the 2nd , no one would feel as bad. remember the carolina/pats preseason game a few yrs ago. pats dominated the first half of that 3rd pre season and evenutally lost in the 2nd half..

personally i havent seen and improvement even with the backups and our front line defense and i assume we were even blitzing and playing at home too.

Matt Guit. deserves some time with the first unit next week going against the giants 1's. CJ earned another week IMO.

You just don't know how much of a difference Tom Brady makes.

Unless of course you were being sarcastic and I totally missed it.:)

No, unfortunately I am serious. Aren't you just a little worried? Tell me who stood out, on our 1st offense or defense, or (cough cough) special teams with a decent game?

I know how much Brady matters, but the idea behind Cassell is that if Brady went down, he could come into the game and keep us in it. Haven't seen it, except for his very first year. And I don't doubt that him stinking up the joint makes the rest of the team worse. Trouble is all of our opponents out there are sharpening their skills for opening day and we are spinning our wheels with stinko QB play and lackluster effort by everyone else. Last week a lot of vets were laughing and joking ont he bench. Didn't see that tonight.

Gutz at least went up & down the field a couple of times, but it was against scrubs.

Bummer of a game. Wish I didn't watch.

Cassel has been bad, but any thought that he's the main issue here is a naive one. This team right now lacks passion, drive and any sort of toughness. I know this is pre-season, but this reminds me of the pre-Parcells days.

Dude....NO offense.....but you just do not get it.....Matt Cassel is a FAILURE in the NFL....or at least for this team....the team may lack passion while he is in there....but what do you know.....they seemed to get it going again for Gutierrez....who they obviously have confidence in.....FACE this FACT.....Cassel does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB......sorry.....

As much as I'd love it if the Pats had a sudden downward spiral that had nothing to do with a Brady injury, no. Never going to happen. It's weird that I have more confidence in the Pats still being a great team this year than some Pats fans though. THINK ABOUT THAT.

As much as I'd love it if the Pats had a sudden downward spiral that had nothing to do with a Brady injury, no. Never going to happen. It's weird that I have more confidence in the Pats still being a great team this year than some Pats fans though. THINK ABOUT THAT.

I still have confidence in our team. What I am concerned about is our O-Line but the last few minutes of the game showed me that with a confident QB...we will be fine....

I still have confidence in our team. What I am concerned about is our O-Line but the last few minutes of the game showed me that with a confident QB...we will be fine....

... against the Eagles 3rd team defense.

... against the Eagles 3rd team defense.

well its better than nothing....i mean i know we need work....i am not that blind....i am just saying that its better than nothing....

frankly iam not worried about the offense when brady is back. all the o line protection and intensity will pick up so i dont even want to compare this offense with one having brady. iam more worried about the defense which looks more like the "give up yards but no TD" style and lack of a good pass rush even if AD was out.not to mention lack of mental things which can cause 2 ST TDs in half and 3 in 3 preseason games.

Colts forums after every preseason game.

ICONATOR_0e023ecbb3dd79b026ef419abfe50af2.gif

I'm with most of you, preseason means nothing; in week one, with zero playing time in the preseason, Brady is going to waltz onto the field and torch the Chiefs for 42 points and the defense, which has basically sucked all preseason long, will simply flip a switch and pitch a shutout, final score 42-0.

Yep, no post Super Bowl hangover here, all systems go for yet another run at 16-0.

I'm with most of you, preseason means nothing; in week one, with zero playing time in the preseason, Brady is going to waltz onto the field and torch the Chiefs for 42 points and the defense, which has basically sucked all preseason long, will simply flip a switch and pitch a shutout, final score 42-0.

Yep, no post Super Bowl hangover here, all systems go for yet another run at 16-0.

And of course this will blow away ESPN....they will think for sure we are cheating!!!

Dude....NO offense.....but you just do not get it.....Matt Cassel is a FAILURE in the NFL....or at least for this team....the team may lack passion while he is in there....but what do you know.....they seemed to get it going again for Gutierrez....who they obviously have confidence in.....FACE this FACT.....Cassel does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB......sorry.....
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not defending Cassel at all. I think he's history at the first cut-down day and should be. My concerns are rooted much more in the lack of defensive intensity from our first team guys and our special teams. We literally couldn't get off of the field against them in the first half. I typically put little or no stock in these scrimmages, but I have to admit I was a little stunned this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back