Pat Chung added to injury report, is questionable for today at Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 2m2 minutes ago
Patrick Chung has been added to the injury report with a foot injury. His game status is questionable.#NEvsDEN

----

Is Coleman good to go?

Tavon Wilson covered some TE in the last few weeks, IIRC. If Chung, who has improved tremendously in this second stint here, is downgraded to out, Wilson might have to step up

The multi TE sets they run...if Chung is out..that's a BIG hole to fill..he's very good at that

I just want a week of no.....

I keep saying it and it never happens...oh well

Jordan Richards, come on down!

Why are we hearing about this injury today? Did Chung sprain his foot climbing down the ramp to the plane?
Probably dropped his suitcase on it. Or something like that.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUUUU.

We need Chung, he was playing lights out.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUUUU.

We need Chung, he was playing lights out.

Quoted because of how odd it would have sounded at certain points in the past.

That said, if there's one position where I feel good about our depth, it's safety. But THAT said, aren't we basically down to 7 DBs with Chung or 6 without him?
  • Butler/Ryan
  • McCourty/Harmon
  • Chung/Richards
  • Wilson
  • (Coleman is out)
Wilson proved last week he was a defensive player and not just an STer, but I don't think the other ST DBs have proved that at all.

The team needs to look into following Brady's TB12 system for avoiding injuries and taking care of yourself.

We lose Chung in coverage, and that's what could end up hurting the team more than losing him against the run. Losing him in coverage likely means a guy like Melvin will be on the field more, assuming they don't decide to give Harmon or Wilson a look as a #3 corner first. I saw enough of Melvin against the Giants to know that I don't like what I see. I know it was his first real action in a long time, but there are still some things you should see even in a rusty player, like how to cut off a receiver and use the sideline as an extra defender, that he just didn't do well. I'm not closing the book on him yet, but I'm not inspired. That's probably why we filled Dobson's spot with another S. BB is just using S's as C's. He's not letting the dearth of true CB talent impact the secondary.

I think it is time to start looking at new trainers. These guys are dropping like flies.
Same trainers last season. One of the healthiest teams in the league. It's nothing more, usually, than random luck from year to year.

We lose Chung in coverage, and that's what could end up hurting the team more than losing him against the run. Losing him in coverage likely means a guy like Melvin will be on the field more, assuming they don't decide to give Harmon or Wilson a look as a #3 corner first. I saw enough of Melvin against the Giants to know that I don't like what I see. I know it was his first real action in a long time, but there are still some things you should see even in a rusty player, like how to cut off a receiver and use the sideline as an extra defender, that he just didn't do well. I'm not closing the book on him yet, but I'm not inspired. That's probably why we filled Dobson's spot with another S. BB is just using S's as C's. He's not letting the dearth of true CB talent impact the secondary.

They subsequently released McDonald to activate Darius Fleming.

And we still have only 3 RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft