Welcome to PatsFans.com

Passing yards record?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Arrrr, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrrr

Arrrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So Brady is probably going to break Manning's TD record, but do you think he has any chance at breaking 5,000 yards and possibly Marino's record? I think that one might be harder, just because the Patriots get a shorter field so often. Welker was a beast at returning punts last game, although that might have just been the Colts' crappy punt coverage.
  2. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5,000 yards really is crazy talk, but it'll happen. Just like 50 TDs is crazy talk.
    That'll happen, too. What does it matter what we think? The most respected people here say it's crazy, the most reknowned writers say the same.

When it happens, the stories change. The writers were fools or prophets. They fans either called it or rebel against it. In the meantime, just don't do what I'm doing now.
  3. solman

solman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If BB decides to really punish the Jets and Miami all sorts of crazy things could happen during weeks 15 and 16.

If, for example, BB decided that Brady having an 8 TD game was a priority, I think there is at least a 50% chance that Brady could accomplish it in one of these two opportunities.

I doubt that BB would actually chose to do this. I think he would consider it to be a mockery of the game.

I think it would be good clean fun.
  4. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +524 / 13 / -12

I think a nice round figure...in honor of rotund Jet coach, Stooliegini, is called for here...let's make it 10 td's
  5. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Okay, now your pushing it. lol:)
  6. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This will be more difficult because, unlike the TD record, he is NOT on pace to do it. He's throwing an avergae of 298.44 yards a game... he would have to average 330.57 yards in the final seven to reach 5000. You're asking him to step up an already incredible pace.
  7. NE39

NE39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Marino's record is 5,084 yards. That would require Tom to throw for 343 yards in each of their remaining game, despite playing outdoors in all of them in the winter months. He had only 2 games this season where he threw for more than 343 yards, Dallas and Miami.

I think Marino's record is pretty safe. Tom probably ends up somewhere between 4,500 and 4,800 yards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.