PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Paolantonio: If Walsh has Rams video, Belichick will be suspended for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many of you, I like to think that our favorite franchise can do no wrong....BUT WHAT IF?!?

What if.......there is a tape of the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough?

What if.......Belichick does get suspended for the year?

What if........our dynasty becomes officially tainted?

Sure, we can hide behind our hypocritical argument that the tape did not influence the game? Even if that is true, that does not take away the fact that the Patriots cheated to gain a competitive advantage. It's like saying that we should not chastize Sammy Sosa because it turns out that corked bats don't actually help you hit home runs. That is beside the point as he still used a corked bat to try to gain an advantage.

If Belichick is suspended for a year then our team will surely suffer from the loss of his brilliant game planning.

New England will not be the number one target for free agents.

Players will no longer play here for less money.

There is a lot of downstream effects if these rumors do turn out to be true.

Not to mention the possibility that if such a tape did exist who is to say it wasn't taped by someone on the Rams staff. A lot of this could be surfacing as a result of guys being told an excuse based fairy tale over the years to explain why their Dynasty died before it was actually really born. Because the truth was a little too painful to man up to.

You're exactly right. After all this I'll tell ya, I look at the NFL at a whole different level. The league sucks. It's filled with a bunch of crybaby losers who don't know sportsmanship who can't handle losing. I'm totally disgusted with everything I heard this morning. It is so obvious it is just to try and destroy our dynasty and possibly ruin our performance for tonights game. C'mon all this comes up the day before the Superbowl. This shyt was staged and set up.

Like many of you, I like to think that our favorite franchise can do no wrong....BUT WHAT IF?!?

Sure, we can hide behind our hypocritical argument that the tape did not influence the game? Even if that is true, that does not take away the fact that the Patriots cheated to gain a competitive advantage. It's like saying that we should not chastize Sammy Sosa because it turns out that corked bats don't actually help you hit home runs. That is beside the point as he still used a corked bat to try to gain an advantage.

If Belichick is suspended for a year then our team will surely suffer from the loss of his brilliant game planning.

if matt walsh has a tape, why would belichick be suspended ?
free agents will always come here.
tainted by who ?

This Walsh story is the most ridiculous one I've heard...

There is no tape and if there was one, there is ZERO chance it would surface now, on the eve of the SB.... Walsh, as someone suggested, would have sold it for millions of $ anonymously..... I'm sure ESPN and Comcast would have been first in line to bid for the "tape of the century"....

The media, of course, is just plain "silly"... In this 24 7 reporting age, all RUMOR is passed of as FACT, until proven otherwise... What an idiot you have to be, especially if you are a sports writer employed by the Herald..

Ishkabibble: If Mangini is found masturbating at a New Jersey Turnpike Rest Stop on a Sunday after a game, he will be a sex offender, and sent to jail, and lose his job.

Actually the commish said when he imposed the penalties that he reserved the right to up the penalty if it turned out that the Patriots were not truthful and if more taped evidence existed. So yeah, ti would be damaging if it existed and IF he could prove that he was not acting independently.

If it exists and is in the possession of Walsh or anyone besides Belichick, it is proof of nothing. I'm sure the Rams taped their walkthrough as well. Do you think if there was such a thing, BB would allow Walsh to walk off with it?

If Walsh taped the walkthrough for the Patriots then why would he still have it? This entire story is a non-story ... nobody is going to film anything for a team and keep the film. A bunch of people talking about a scenario that does not exist.

Yeah, Roger Goodell is talking to Sal Palantonio about punishment for Bill Belichick over a rumor. :rofl:
You know when all is said and done ESPN and the Boston Herald will be DEAD to the Patriots organization.
Neither will get access or interviews for years to come.
Embarrassing tabloid journalism!

If there was a tape, it would be part of this obvious barrage by the media. They would access it at all costs, like how they accessed the Jets tape. It would be released, in perfect timing... with all the other garbage being spewed this weekend. There is no tape.

The problem here, is that in this country nowadays, at least in the court of public opinion, the burden of proof is on the Patriots to prove they didn't film the practice. That is simply not possible, you can't prove a negative. It will come down to he said she said. People will "rationalize" certain moments where the Pats had their number on Defense, like Warner. But the fact of the matter is, it's ridiculous. You can look at the most innocuous game or situation (example: some meaningless mid-season battle between the Cardinals and Raiders back in 2005) of EVERY game EVER and pick it apart and come up with a scenario: say "Look at that interception! Really looks like Charles Woodson had Kurt Warners play ahead of time. I mean... dammm... did you see how he jumped that route? ." The problem is this thing is all about perception, and that is the worst kind of battle for someone to have to fight.

Last edited:

As long as we win today, I don't really care. People can say anything they want, 19-0 is still 19-0.

Someone help me..... when did Sal become Commish? Who is his source that is saying BB will be suspended?

Honestly...why do they ened to tape anything? they got Ernie "photographic memory" Adams.

I'm just missing the Sal statement that BB will be suspended for a year. Talk about a blanket statement.

This country has issues when Bill Clinton lies to Congress and avoids impeachment but BB is lambasted on a witchhunt. Can you say we're doomed?

Reporting theoretical punishments for theoretical offenses. Good job, Sal.

Sal Pal is still smarting from when BB schooled after the Skins game..
"Yeah,I know the score.I was at the game"..BB to Sal Pal..

Sal Pal is still smarting from when BB schooled after the Skins game..
"Yeah,I know the score.I was at the game"..BB to Sal Pal..

that is a classic one...lol

two points:

one, there is no tape because if there were it would have come out for big bucks in september.

two, if there is a tape, paolantonio is probably wrong about the punishment. having explicitly lied to the commissioner and covered up an arguably worse offense, bb's punishment would be worse than a year's suspension. but, first see "one" above.

What is missing from this is how ESPN and will not DARE mention Comcast and WHY Spector is doing this. ESPN is in bed with Comcast and it does NOT want ANYONE to know that Comcast is behind with buckets of money to Spector.
Comcast and the NFL Goodell are having negotiations about many things..it's MONEY for Comcast.
The senator from Comcast and I saw that because Comcast is the second leading contribtor to his campaign..he and the head of Comcast are good friends.
THAT is the reason why Sal pal will NOT MENTION a thing about it...Comcast who why?? It's all Spectpr and his need to investigate..do you think if he wasn't receiving bags of money he would care?? He should be investigate for ethical violations...and Mike and Mike did they ask Spector this morning?? Of course not..ESPN would ever wish to embarrass the sen from Comcast..ESPN needs Comcast....ESPN Especially Stupid Pompous Nonsense....
Maybe Kraft will get lawyers and sue teh league and bring them to court.. I do NOT think he was happy with Godell's treatment... Maybe there is a way that Goodell will get in trouble and be gone..I Think THAt would be just fine...

Last edited:
While I'm certainly sick of the whole thing, there certainly is the possiblity that the tape exists. And if it does, it's going to be extremely damaging to the entire franchise.

It will be far from "If a tape exists, it will be damaging to the franchise"! Someone will have to prove it was once owned by the Patriots and that the Patriots directed someone to film the video.

Let's not get carried away with ourselves here. As a matter of fact, why don't we refrain from any speculation at all?

If this...If that, then OH NO!!! C'mon folks, get a grip. Time after time I've seen stories come out and Patsfans member IMMEDIATELY making assumption or what-ifs...only to find out it was nothing.

For God's sake, we had the US senator (and he is very sad example of our politicians) waste our federal tax dollars worrying about how Goodell reacted to a "Rule" being broken. Nothing will come of any of this.

Attention people....we have a media frenzy going on at the super bowl. Strange things are being said and written by strange people. I urge everyone to just relax and chill. Worrying won't change a thing so enjoy the game to its fullest. There are no shadows or dark clouds here folks.

Go Pats!!

Last edited:
where the heck is John Kerry? he was there to get week 17 televised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft