PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Paolantonio: If Walsh has Rams video, Belichick will be suspended for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "story" has longer legs than the NBA referee who admitted betting on games he was officiating and presumably influenced the outcome thereof.

Have we as a society become so fixated and stupid?

Have the majority of sports journalists attended the Jerry Springer School of Sensationalism?

How far is the National Enquirer going to have to go now to create stories that lack any sense of credibility?

The only pertinent statement in this sordid, twisted affair is:

"SHOW ME THE TAPE!"

Last edited:
First off, if tapes of the walkthrough exist, and I'm quite sure they do (the RAMS without question taped them), they COULD NEVER be substantiated that they were taken by the Patriots for there use.

NO WAY. All the Pats would have to say is: Gee, Martz, whose still bitter about the loss, hooked up with a disgraced, ex-Pat employee and gave him a RAM team tape and told him to say he taped it.

Is that far fetched, hell ya............... But it's just "possible" as the scenario presented so far.

SB 36 was played 5 months after Sep 11 2001 where security was
so tight that they would know who farted and in what direction
in the SB dome.I highly doubt that Walsh would be filming the
Rams walkthrough in the open where he could clearly be seen or
secretly that he would surely be noticed by the extra security.

If the Pats knew the plays the Rams would run,why would they win
the freaking SB by 3 points and at the last second ?why not 7,14,21 Points.

Patriot_in_NY, couldn't agree with you more. The Pats got in trouble the first time around because Estrella was caught red-handed with a video camera and a tape showing the Jets defensive coordinator. This is a very different situation than finding a tape of unknown origin of a Super Bowl walkthrough that happened 6 years ago. It's not like there'd be an intro where Belichick would say "I approve the taping of this walkthrough for the purposes of cheating in Super Bowl XXXVI".

SB 36 was played 5 months after Sep 11 2001 where security was
so tight that they would know who farted and in what direction
in the SB dome.I highly doubt that Walsh would be filming the
Rams walkthrough in the open where he could clearly be seen or
secretly that he would surely be noticed by the extra security.

If the Pats knew the plays the Rams would run,why would they win
the freaking SB by 3 points and at the last second ?why not 7,14,21 Points.

I made this point in anothr thread, too. Saying security was a little tight around the Super Dome that year is like saying Tom Jackson kind of doesn't like the Patriots.

Patriot_in_NY, couldn't agree with you more. The Pats got in trouble the first time around because Estrella was caught red-handed with a video camera and a tape showing the Jets defensive coordinator. This is a very different situation than finding a tape of unknown origin of a Super Bowl walkthrough that happened 6 years ago. It's not like there'd be an intro where Belichick would say "I approve the taping of this walkthrough for the purposes of cheating in Super Bowl XXXVI".

:rofl: I laughed my a** off reading this QOG! I believe you're right on. If people think the mere existance of a tape with the rams walk-through is evidence, it's not even close!

As others have said several times, this is all just a last minute attempt to derail the Patriot train to 19-0, nothing more.

I guaran-effn'-tee it!!

I made this point in anothr thread, too. Saying security was a little tight around the Super Dome that year is like saying Tom Jackson kind of doesn't like the Patriots.

I am now going to kill this whole story. Sorry Paolantonio and all the Pats haters. First of all, Show me where it says taping of a team walk through is illegal?......Cousins, it's not in the rule book anywhere and unauthorized personnel visiting practices is to be policed by each team. It didn't happen or was unauthorized by N.E. but besides that, a non-issue. Big money could have been made by the owner of an approved tape, but then again, it proved the Rams sucked at or were too arrogant to care about protecting there plays and procedures. That's why each NFL team has a security chief. What happened in the Super Bowl the following year when the Pats we're spied upon with a SPYGLASS of all things? It's myth. That's the end of this. It's not illegal and as Lobel said it best, "You leave your keys in the car idling and it get stolen", don't yell my car got stolen six years later, oh well!
Next piece of B.S. please.
DW Toys

I think that Robert Kraft was perfect honest talking about how embarrassed he was by the taping of the Jets signals, so

If this is PROVEN true, and someone on-staff taped the walk-through, Kraft probably would fire Bill.

But as was pointed out, it's pretty silly to dream up hypothetical punishments for a hypothetical offense.

When some NAMED source, under oath, says this is what I did, how I did it, and who told me to do it, and this is the tape I made,

we should all ignore this non-story like we would ignore a story in weekly world news about "bat boy" being seen with Elvis and Bigfoot on the grassy knoll.

Paolantonio, come on. Goodell already stated that its a FALSE rumor that surface about 6 months ago. Get with the program and stop being a fool.

Actually Goodell left the door open for further penalties if more evidence is presented. His ruling of the 1 and the 750k was based on 6 tapes which were handed over under the premise that it was all the Patriots had.

Paolantonio, come on. Goodell already stated that its a FALSE rumor that surface about 6 months ago. Get with the program and stop being a fool.

Actually Goodell left the door open for further penalties if more evidence is presented. His ruling of the 1 and the 750k was based on 6 tapes which were handed over under the premise that it was all the Patriots had.

WTF??:confused: Satch said Goodell stated this story was false & Paolantonio was a fool. You're reply had nothing to do with these comments. He left the door open? To what? No one said he closed the door. But it's a fact he said it was a false rumor & until absolute evidence is presented, it will remain so.

Frank Gifford's comments were more fact than this rumor. did you hear them? He said this is all no big deal and is based upon deep envy and hatred of the Patriots...this coming from a former NY Giant.:D

Last edited:
I think that Robert Kraft was perfect honest talking about how embarrassed he was by the taping of the Jets signals, so

If this is PROVEN true, and someone on-staff taped the walk-through, Kraft probably would fire Bill.

But as was pointed out, it's pretty silly to dream up hypothetical punishments for a hypothetical offense.
When some NAMED source, under oath, says this is what I did, how I did it, and who told me to do it, and this is the tape I made,

we should all ignore this non-story like we would ignore a story in weekly world news about "bat boy" being seen with Elvis and Bigfoot on the grassy knoll.

Pretty silly...yet you just HAD to state YOUR hypothetical belief, didn't you?:rolleyes:

Listen closely...Robert Kraft will not fire Bill Belichik...period

Patriot fans across the nation support Belichik no matter what.

Are they going to dust the tape-that-has-yet-to-surface for BB's fingerprints?

You know his old lady must love him being in the spotlight. If that was my wife, she'd toss any said tapes in the nearest river, lake, ocean or in their case a freakin volcano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft