PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Owens accuses Cowboys of reneging on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Has anyone ever given any thought if Moss walks into the endzone for the upteenth time in your meeting with the Bills, what his reaction could be subsequently?

sports.theglobeandmail.com: Owens acuses Cowboys of reneging on deal

From Saturday's Globe and Mail

March 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM EDT

Wide receiver Terrell Owens believes Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reneged on a personal commitment to keep him on contract, and suggested that the owner's son, Stephen Jones, the executive vice-president of the NFL team, was behind his release this month.

"You hear all the speculation, and you talk to the owner of the team, and he reassures you, you're not going anywhere and then, out of left-field … you get blindsided," Owens, 35, said in an interview with Rogers Sportsnet, to be broadcast tomorrow evening.

Owens, who had signed a four-year contract extension with Dallas last summer, will instead play with the Buffalo Bills on a one-year contract in the 2009 season. With his production having dropped after signing the $34-million (all currency U.S.) deal last June, he became expendable when the Cowboys traded three draft picks to the Detroit Lions in October for Roy Williams, who signed a $45-million extension, with $27-million guaranteed. Owens was also considered to be a divisive locker room presence.

"I know whole-heartedly he [Jerry Jones] wanted me there," Owens said. "There were some people I know who got in his ear that pressured him to make that decision. For that, it's sad. You let two or three people conspire to get me out of the situation."

Owens caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. When Jones released Owens, he said: "You take age as a consideration. … In this particular case, we have an outstanding player in Roy Williams, and it was a significant factor in the decision I made to release Terrell."

Why Buffalo?

"Why not?" Owens said. "They were really after me, they wanted me, despite everything that had been said negatively about me. It was a no-brainer."

Owens told USA Today he doesn't report for voluntary workouts by custom, and won't change his routine for the Bills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to explain how much I don't care about this.

:rofl: and the sideshow begins, get your popcorn ready...LOL!

I've always heard this stuff about owens/moss.

is any of this documented, or is it purely fictional speculation by message board posters?

I've always heard this stuff about owens/moss.

is any of this documented, or is it purely fictional speculation by message board posters?

It's largely Owens who takes it personally when he goes up against Moss. Remember our '07 meeting at TX Stadium when Owens put out that "The Original #81/Getcha Popcorn Ready" memo. Remember that '03 Niners/Vikings game in Minny? That was the game where Owens started going off at Niners OC Gregg Knapp on the sidelines. At the time, Moss was on the other sidelines enjoying a good laugh as his team was winning in a blowout.

Why Buffalo?

"Why not?" Owens said. "They were really after me, they wanted me, despite everything that had been said negatively about me. It was a no-brainer."

Translation: "The Bills were not only the only team that made an offer, they were the only team that would answer the phone when my name (or Drew Rosenhaus) popped up on caller ID."

Has anyone ever given any thought if Moss walks into the endzone for the upteenth time in your meeting with the Bills, what his reaction could be subsequently?

I've given some thought to what that sentence means, but for the life of me don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back