PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our over-the-hill LBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, but I think we may be surprised at what Woods and Alexander can do if they get the call.

Hopefully we can hold that surprise off til next year. I don't like surprises in the playoffs.:)

While it is true that our linebackers have done a good job this year, it is

also unrealistic that they can go on much longer. Junior Seau will be

39 on January 19th and Tedy Bruschi will be 35 when training camp starts.

I can see Tedy returning for one more year but in a reserve role. I

would like to see BB draft and groom a young linebacker but would not be

surprised if he did not draft any linebackers at all in the early rounds.

With regard to our defensive backs, I have watched Jay Feely and

Kyle Boller complete too many passes to state that we have good

depth in our defensive backfield. We need another good cornerback.

If Samuel leaves, we need two good cornerbacks. I'd like to see the

Pats draft two cornerbacks as they did in 2003 (Wilson and Samuel).

Looking at this upcoming playoff run.....the "book" on how to beat these Patriots is to exploit the middle either through the air with TE'S, slot receivers and backs or to run right at us, hoping to wear us down.

Pennington was asked why the Jets threw so often over the middle and he replied the Jets thought they had an advantage there. Feely and Boller seemed to complete a lot of balls by threading the needle through the arms of defenders.

The key to shutting teams down will be the ability of the LB'S, nickle and dime backs to shut this down.

fgssand;720158The key to shutting teams down will be the ability of the LB'S said:
ugh, which means our offense better keep tearing it up

Looking at this upcoming playoff run.....the "book" on how to beat these Patriots is to exploit the middle either through the air with TE'S, slot receivers and backs or to run right at us, hoping to wear us down.

Pennington was asked why the Jets threw so often over the middle and he replied the Jets thought they had an advantage there. Feely and Boller seemed to complete a lot of balls by threading the needle through the arms of defenders.

The key to shutting teams down will be the ability of the LB'S, nickle and dime backs to shut this down.

When teams fall into that pattern, then you jump routes. It is a concern, but it's also what we give them.

The worst QB in the league will likely complete more than half his passes. Better a 10 yd pass with no YAC than a score.

Remember, there are no points for yards, only scores.

When teams fall into that pattern, then you jump routes. It is a concern, but it's also what we give them.

The worst QB in the league will likely complete more than half his passes. Better a 10 yd pass with no YAC than a score.

Remember, there are no points for yards, only scores.

I agree, bend don't break and maybe we do pick a few and maybe even a pick 6!!

Also, our offense will not be stopped.

I agree, bend don't break and maybe we do pick a few and maybe even a pick 6!!

Also, our offense will not be stopped.

Exactamundo! The idea is to let the QB get comfortable and maybe move between the twenties with short passes.

When they predictably think they have a "safe" route you set the trap.

Then you disguise the defense and jump a "safe" route or two. I'm sure with the large group of DBs that have played some together, we'll have some nice wrinkles and maybe get some picks.

If we go up, they have to take chances, let them waste the time with short routes and runs.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen more hot air and wishful-thinking than the popular theory that our LBs are too old to last a full season? I've never seen more wishful thinking on the part of lame fans and mediots. Right from the beginning of the year they projected that Junior and Tedy would keel over into their walkers and wheelchairs at about week 12. Well, how wrong were they? WRONG.

And now those poor, old, fumbling-bumbling LBs have a week off while the young guys are running around getting all tired in other time zones. What a freaking shame. How bloody unfair that the Patriots seem to milk a guy's experience to advantage while other teams haven't figured that out.

I think these lame-o fans and mediots forgot who was evaluating the talent for this team. Going against his judgment is a risky operation at best. They did though. Stupid, stupid, stupid,

They must be too old. During half-time in the Indy Pats game Shannon Sharpe said they are and that they would never stop Indy with those old LBs. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye