PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our offense was good tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
We measure professional athletes based on how they compare to their peers.

If a baseball player hits .400, this is fantastic because no other player has done this in decades.

If you see a .400 hitter, and you start complaining about the bad pitches he swung at, then you have lost all sense of perspective.

Over the course of this evening, the Patriots offense performed 20% better than any other NFL franchise has over the course of this season. In what universe is this not fantastic?

Ok, to use your analogy:

If a .400 hitter has a 3-10 game and blew an easy hit and run where an entire side of the infield was open because the middle infielder went to cover the bag, he didn't have a fantastic game.

Again, the offense was fine. I've been defending the playcalling and personnel packages on other threads. I'm simply not going to go blindly into the "homer" side of things, either. The offense wasn't fantastic. The false start penalties weren't "fantastic", the dropped balls weren't "fantastic", the offensive line play wasn't "fantastic", etc...

Last edited:
I thought the offense played well. The Eagles defense was dedicated to get pressure. They still gave up 31 points and a lot of yards. AJ Feely played out of his mind and the Eagles defense was very physical. So a 38-10 game turned into 31-28. That's how the NFL works sometimes.

The offense was out of sync but I give the Eagles defense credit for that. They still scored 31 points. The defense played poorly and AJ had a great game for the most part. Jesus guys, no need to worry. Luckily AJ became mortal again before the game was over. Wasn't that classic Andy Reid clock mismanagement?

You can't say that that the "D" played a good game. Especially the secondary.

My issue was we had very little pressure on the QB. While we came close a number of times, the pressure just didnt' seem to be there. Given that kind of time, most QB's will have a good game.

I thought the offense played well. The Eagles defense was dedicated to get pressure. They still gave up 31 points and a lot of yards. AJ Feely played out of his mind and the Eagles defense was very physical. So a 38-10 game turned into 31-28. That's how the NFL works sometimes.

Actually the Eagles D gave up just 24 points....This game reminded me of how the Pats used to beat the Colts.... Disrupt the timing routes and keep Peyton frumping on the sideline for as long as possible.

Thank God Brady got away without a single interception in 54 passing attempts!

Re: Official Pats/Eagles Discussion

I thought we got a little static on offense in the first half. Imo we could have mixed it up a little more instead of the constant 4 reciever sets. Rhody made a great post about how the game was good for the pats though and again I'll agree with it. Philly made us work, IMO even more than the Colts did for the win last night and it really is the sign of a great team that we fought and came out on top, even when it's not going your all your own way.

Last night and the Colts game shown we dont just have talent, we have heart, character and spirit. Really is a great team.

Good win pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference