PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our First String Offense AND Our First String Defense Looked Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I get it. You prefer everyone to look terrible. Somehow this is a sign that we will win the Super Bowl.

Wow, talk about a desperate argument.

This is the f**cking Lions '11 preseason game all over again where the Pats looked bad and the sky was falling yet 6 months later were playing the last game of the season and were a drop (or Gronk injury) away from winning another SB

2004 at Cincy is an even better example. Second game of the preseason, first time on the road and the team was so bad that Bill put the starters back in in the second half. That season ended up OK, IIRC.

The LBs got schooled. Collins had a bad game to boot. I think if you bring back Mayo/Hightower that is solved fast.

Definitely. Watching again yesterday, this was a big problem; none of the backups looked even close to NFL worthy, though it seems likely that they were being asked to carry a lot more weight than they will in a real game.

The DL was okay but loss more than they won against a very good OL.

I've been extremely impressed by the DL, at least when it comes to pass rush. And the run defense was much improved over last week.

Last night featured Brees releasing the ball too quickly for ANY pass rush. But if you watch the lines, our DL won most snaps.

I was going to say the same thing in response to Bob, but you deserve the quote for going there first. You simply cannot get to Brees when he's throwing it that quickly and NE wasn't scheming to force him to hold the ball.

Keep in mind that are defense was only rushing 4 and not blitzing the LBs. the offense was without Gronk, Edelman and LaFell, the main targets of the offense. Here is my review of the game https://patriotsall22review.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/patriots-saints-film-review/

This is great, I hope you post it in its own thread.

I'd just like to point out that teams don't 'game plan' against their opponent like they do in regular season games.

Absolutely. With an offense as diverse as NO's, you can't just sit back and let him steal the short stuff. That approach isn't remotely what you'd see in a real game.

Late to this, but MGT you are usually a solid poster. Surprised to see this- are you aware that on defense we haven't even blitzed once, never mind scheme to what we are good at? Most of the players are playing all over, and out of position (we hear you McCourty), especially up front, I assume in the event of injury.

That being said, I really like Sheard's ability to consistently get in the backfield. Blew up Ingram twice, hit Griffin and forced an inc., there was one play where he beat his man so bad social services would have come and removed him to foster care if this wasn't football.

So, we played without three of our top players against a team with no defensive backs and couldn't even manage a first down. If that's a great performance to you, OK.

LOL......such intense whining

When was the last preseason when people didn't get up in arms saying the team sucks because of how it played in a preseason game? When was the last time the team sucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3