Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...the newest member of the Patriots coaching staff:

"Pleased with Otis Smith's work as part of the NFL's minority coaching program in training camp, Belichick has decided to keep him around for the entire season. Smith, a defensive back who played for the Patriots in 1996 and from 2000-02, has been working primarily with defensive backs."

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...08/30/on_holdout_kraft_holds_out_hope/?page=2

patchick said:

"Pleased with Otis Smith's work as part of the NFL's minority coaching program in training camp, Belichick has decided to keep him around for the entire season. Smith, a defensive back who played for the Patriots in 1996 and from 2000-02, has been working primarily with defensive backs."

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...08/30/on_holdout_kraft_holds_out_hope/?page=2

let's hope it doesn't come to it, but perhaps he's a possible shadow roster player as well?

BB just expanded our Practise Squad. Brilliant!!

BTW ... when Otis runs a tackling drill for our DBs, his coaching advice is "Hit it".

My Man!!

Last edited:
Otis "My Man" Smith gave us all of what he had in his tank during that 2001 SB run.

Will always have a soft spot in my heart for the guy. Glad to hear he's making his way in the coaching ranks.:rocker:

"He loves us!"

Best of luck, Otis!

patchick said:

Good, the coaching staff was getting a little light. I think O-T-I-S will certainly improve the DB play.

14thDragon said:
I think O-T-I-S will certainly improve the DB play.

Especially if he was on the field ;)

O-T-I-S was a great guy and im glad I got to watch him

This a great move. O T I S will get another RING! :rocker:

BB said in a press conference awhile back that the DBs were
improved over this offseason ... better communication, less mistakes
... tighter coverage. He said that the pass defense would be improved
this year as a result. I guess Otis was a big part of that.
I'm real glad he's onboard.:D

I've always loved OTIS and what he's contributed the the Pats, couldn't be happier that he's found LAF(life after football)with us! Congratulations Otis, here's to another ring!

PATSNUTme said:
Otis "My Man" Smith gave us all of what he had in his tank during that 2001 SB run.

Will always have a soft spot in my heart for the guy. Glad to hear he's making his way in the coaching ranks.:rocker:

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!

I love this!

The man should never have to pay for his own drink anywhere in New England!

Great move...ALWAYS thought he was the class of the DBs...GREAT..I hope all his relatives are doing good POST-Katerina..I know he had a lot of them stauing with him...a Class guy

I am so glad to hear this news. I loved OTIS as a player, even as he started to slow down and I'm glad his influence will now be felt by some of the younger guys. O-T-I-S!!!!

It is great news. Welcome back Otis. :D

Congrats to Otis! He is certainly a welcome addition!

This is a great addition, really like the combination of different minds and experience that they bring to this team and the field. I imagine Otis is still very familiar with the receivers they will be playing against, and if not obvious in the film will certainly have contacts all over the place.

patchick said:

Hell yeah.That's good to hear.I enjoyed watching him during our third superbowl run the dude always played with such heart and intensity.Glad to see another great man on the Pats Staff....

One of the smallest staffs in the league. Glad to see them add some top-level help.

I'm just glad we finally have a DB coach taller than 5'10".

The Pat's didn't have a DB coach so now perhaps Otis is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes