PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other Team's Potential Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you look at what his % caught is without the throw aways by the QBs that get counted against him.. Or the ones batted at the line..

Do you have those numbers? Because it would be really interesting to see how Jacksonville's QB situation impacted its pass catchers.

How about you look at what his % caught is without the throw aways by the QBs that get counted against him.. Or the ones batted at the line..

If it were a knocked down footballs at the line or an obvious throw away, it would not register as a targeted pass. That said I stated in my post I am not sure if his catch ratio is a result of poor QB play or an indication of his hands, etc. I do not watch many if any Jaguar games.

At the end of the day if plays like that are counted against Lewis they are also counted against every other NFL player so they still offer comparable data.

If it were a knocked down footballs at the line or an obvious throw away, it would not register as a targeted pass. That said I stated in my post I am not sure if his catch ratio is a result of poor QB play or an indication of his hands, etc. I do not watch many if any Jaguar games.

At the end of the day if plays like that are counted against Lewis they are also counted against every other NFL player so they still offer comparable data.

That is true but the question is how does Jacksonville's QB play compare to the rest of the league. With such incompetent QB play the numbers could skew his numbers significantly or maybe the differences will be negligible. I'm not exactly sure what defines a target but I know people claimed Brandon Llyod's numbers were skewed by throw aways, it wouldn't surprise me with Lewis as well.

I would think that at 6'5, Armstead is a little too tall to man the interior of the line, and may be best utilized on the outside.

Actually the trend seems to be getting taller guys inside. That is why they had Chandler Jones line up at DT at times. JJ Watt (although a DE, he was playing inside as a 3-4 DE) changed the game. Teams want tall guys in the middle to take away passing lanes with their hands and batting balls.

On top of Watt, here are some tall interior guys who are very good to elite:

Nick Fairley (6'4")
Ndamukung Suh (6'4")
Gerald McCoy (6'4")
Desmond Bryant (6'6")
Michael Brockers (6'5")
Kendall Langford (6'6")
Linval Joseph (6'4")

I would think that at 6'5, Armstead is a little too tall to man the interior of the line, and may be best utilized on the outside.

Tommy Kelly and Richard Seymour are both 6’6”.

Do you have those numbers? Because it would be really interesting to see how Jacksonville's QB situation impacted its pass catchers.

Lewis was likely the "Hot Receiver" on 20 of 47 targets last year based the fact that those 20 targets had the QB being blitzed or under pressure. There were 3 passes that were noted as thrown away or knocked down. He did have 3 drops, which isn't good on only 47 targets.

What is also interesting is that 14 of the passes aimed for him were defensed. Not having watched Jax last year, I can't say for sure if that means he wasn't getting open or the passes were off the mark where the defender could easily knock them away or what.

That being said my point is that you can't talk about % caught without understanding that there are a lot more things that go into what is considered a "target" so one can't just throw out the number as if it is the be all end all the way that Brady6 seems to want to do on a regular basis.

You're wrong. Knocked down passes, underthrown passes and over-thrown passes are counted as a targeted pass. I've explained this to you on several occasions but you continue to ignore it.

Just because it's comparable doesn't mean it's not flawed. And no, it doesn't make it comparable because those 3 categories are totally subjective in terms of who the target was.

You're wrong. Knocked down passes, underthrown passes and over-thrown passes are counted as a targeted pass. I've explained this to you on several occasions but you continue to ignore it.

Just because it's comparable doesn't mean it's not flawed. And no, it doesn't make it comparable because those 3 categories are totally subjective in terms of who the target was.

You could be right.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/nfl-stats-not-always-target

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes