PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What's wrong with this world? Ravens fan clings to life after fight with Raiders fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at the cheapest place in the NFL it's pretty expensive. And you've sunk a lot of hours into it.

So I can never understand the people who spend over half the game waiting in lines to either buy bad, overpriced beer or to excrete bad, overpriced beer. Why are you even there?

More like $75-$150 on average throughout the league. Upper-deck tix in Buffalo, for example, are relatively inexpensive.
You can buy Jags tickets for like $30. Apparently this took place in the tunnel. You run into all sorts of riff raff down there. That's actually how I came to form my opinion of Ravens fans.

Raiders are a bit nuts. It's the only stadium where i would think twice to wear a Pats jersey

I accept limitations on smoking in public areas as a godsend and excess alcohol consumption at football games is 10 times worse. When "adults" aren't responsible with their freedoms, they should be limited.

Those aren't direct comparisons because smoking has been proven to affect bystanders health via 2nd hand smoke so there is an actual medical reason not to allow it because it infringes on others rights

I don't drink excessively anymore like I did in my 20's, but back then and even now if I were to get completely hammer faced drunk, I would never get violent, touch someone or yell at someone

When a small minority are irresponsible as adults, it's not right to respond by punishing and limiting the freedoms of the majority that are perfectly responsible and would never cause the types of issues found in this article

This mindset is applied to way to many things and it's not realistic IMO

The Patriots would lose too much money not being able to charge $9 for a bud light tho, so I don't think this will ever go away. They already stop serving alcohol after half time I believe, but it's very unlikely they would ever ban it

And even if they banned it, people would just go more nuts tailgating and probably drink even more since they know they can't get anything inside the stadium, and trying to police people from drinking in the parking lot would be an impossible task

I think the best deterrent for crazy stuff like this is to make the punishment incredibly harsh.. lock these animals in cages where they belong and be very public about it.. you want to get drunk and assault another fan, 1st degree felony assault at the bare minimum. Put them in jail for 20 years and see how many meathead wanna be UFC fighters show up then. Heck, make it a hate crime since you could almost make the argument that it is

The nfl could also put money into a campaign similar to domestic violence and everthing else to bring attention to it and shame anyone that would do it

This post probably reads horribly, I typed it up on my phone before a meeting

Last edited:
The Patriots would lose too much money not being able to charge $9 for a bud light tho, so I don't think this will ever go away. They already stop serving alcohol after half time I believe, but it's very unlikely they would ever ban it

The Patriots did ban alcohol sales at their games from the mid 1980s until the early 1990s.

The fans just ended up sneaking in pints of booze

Its probably better for fans to drink $12 beers instead of mixing 100 proof vodka with their soda

I think the best deterrent for crazy stuff like this is to make the punishment incredibly harsh.. lock these animals in cages where they belong and be very public about it.. you want to get drunk and assault another fan, 1st degree felony assault at the bare minimum. Put them in jail for 20 years and see how many meathead wanna be UFC fighters show up then. Heck, make it a hate crime since you could almost make the argument that it is
+1

Since Goodell started to punish players that behaved badly, the NFL and/or teams should publicize the problem of rogue fans. Punish them. Shame them. Nudge beer companies that they might be vulnerable at games and tailgate parties.

+1

Since Goodell started to punish players that behaved badly, the NFL and/or teams should publicize the problem of rogue fans. Punish them. Shame them. Nudge beer companies that they might be vulnerable at games and tailgate parties.

Actually -- for the Pats, at least -- it's dead easy. If people misbehave, yank their season tickets.

There are thousands and thousands of people on the wait list (including me!!) so they don't lose any money. Someone else was using my ticket? Yank it anyway. Wait for the lawsuit between the guy who lost his season tickets and the co-worker he sold them on to who got hammered and behaved like a d*ck ...

Those aren't direct comparisons because smoking has been proven to affect bystanders health via 2nd hand smoke so there is an actual medical reason not to allow it because it infringes on others rights

I don't drink excessively anymore like I did in my 20's, but back then and even now if I were to get completely hammer faced drunk, I would never get violent, touch someone or yell at someone

When a small minority are irresponsible as adults, it's not right to respond by punishing and limiting the freedoms of the majority that are perfectly responsible and would never cause the types of issues found in this article

This mindset is applied to way to many things and it's not realistic IMO

And even if they banned it, people would just go more nuts tailgating and probably drink even more since they know they can't get anything inside the stadium, and trying to police people from drinking in the parking lot would be an impossible task

The nfl could also put money into a campaign similar to domestic violence and everthing else to bring attention to it and shame anyone that would do it

This post probably reads horribly, I typed it up on my phone before a meeting
Look, I get the "freedom to have access to alcohol as an adult" argument. I just don't get why it's so freaking important for some people -- too many people -- to get drunk or drink heavily at football games. It almost always leads to obnoxious behavior interfering with others' enjoyment (mine). Besides, there is no way you can follow what's happening on the field while soused, and then you have to get up every 20 minutes for a bathroom break. They need to find some way to limit alcohol consumption, like no more than three or four beers per individual.

Strange that this happened in Baltimore... You'd think that Raider fans, when they're not in the safety of the "Black Hole", they would be more timid. Guess not.

Look, I get the "freedom to have access to alcohol as an adult" argument. I just don't get why it's so freaking important for some people -- too many people -- to get drunk or drink heavily at football games. It almost always leads to obnoxious behavior interfering with others' enjoyment (mine). Besides, there is no way you can follow what's happening on the field while soused, and then you have to get up every 20 minutes for a bathroom break. They need to find some way to limit alcohol consumption, like no more than three or four beers per individual.

then what i am suppose to drink at kickoff?

serious. not everyone responds to drinking the same way, enforce public intoxic laws

then what i am suppose to drink at kickoff?

serious. not everyone responds to drinking the same way, enforce public intoxic laws
Just as I wouldn't want to sit next to a chain smoker, I don't like sitting next to drunks at football games. It's simple: limit the NUMBER of alcoholic drinks an individual can buy and consume during the course of a game. Four is a reasonable limit.

Just as I wouldn't want to sit next to a chain smoker, I don't like sitting next to drunks at football games. It's simple: limit the NUMBER of alcoholic drinks an individual can buy and consume during the course of a game. Four is a reasonable limit.

I really dont recall going to a game with a intoxicated person near me, interfered with my enjoyment, not saying i have not seen people stupidly drunk at a game and im sure those have drank more than 12 in a four hour session

Simple - one part testosterone, one part machismo, many parts alcohol, plus a hotly contested football game = fights. Personally been a part of several scuffles at Gillette - one time with NYJ fans after the MNF (i think) 45-7 drubbing and another with Atlanta fans in 98. NYJ fans always started schitt....

The Atlanta brawl in Lot A after the game was epic - cops, mounted staties, multiple arrests, multiple injuries, bottles to the head, etc. It was pretty crazy....all because an Atlanta fan started hitting on a girlfriend of a guy in our group. Pats fan boyfriend steps in, pats fan girlfriend gets between, then the Atlanta fan shoved the girl to the ground to get to the Pats fan (my buddy). After that it was, as my father used to say, Katy bar the door!!!!!!! You get physical with a female, I don't care how wasted you are, folks aren't taking kindly to that...
We call Atlanta Fans the Philly of the south. We lost so much for 40 years with the worst record in the NFL, they constantly made fun of us. Started fights, threw drinks on us, screamed swear words with kids around. They have alot of gangs there, and we always travel in packs when we have to support the team.
Still remember them egging the Greenbay player bus. SF has gangs in the stands also. We have learned from being so made fun of over the years not to bring kids to Atlanta, philly, Jets, Giants, Bills, SF, Bears, seahawks, raiders, and etc teams. Never forgave Bears for icing the field, and their fans having "We will finish what Katrina started" signs in 2006.
We arnt perfect either, but we do have a fan code of conduct posted in the Superdome, and usually a Saints fan will tell one of our own to shut up if he goes to far. Seen it a few times, and told one or two myself. In fact if you violate the fan code of conduct you can lose your season seats or banned form going to games.
Atlanta has lost alot of the old south values, become strip malls and high rises. NO/LA still has alot of the old south values and culture, and losing for 40 years weeded out all the non dedicated Saints fans. We just support the boys, and I think learn to make fun of losing. But when the game starts we are going to support the boys and win :p. We know we will never be the best but its our boys and we love them and football.
I think all fans should look at NE fans also. Very gracious in victory, and a model of being a true champion fans base. NE never made fun of us when we played, and we are not afriad to bring our kids to NE. NO fans are always impressed by the NE fans. True football fans with lots of knowlege, and a joy to talk to.

we do try to mix when we travel but dorks
-ed05e81b6fb945fd.JPG

Last edited:
New Orleans was fantastic. Went to the 09 Pats-Saints game there with my parents, who grew up in Louisiana and were Saints fans. My dad's co-workers were telling him I shouldn't wear Pats gear because the fans were relentless on opposing fans. Bull crap. Between inside the Superdome and walking back to the hotel, I shook no less than 200 hands, and almost all of them were very complimentary of the Pats success.
You guys really made a big impression on us that day, thank you. Didnt make fun of us, and so nice to talk football with in the clubs. They even wrote and articale in the paper the next day about the Champion NE fans. Your an impressive True football fanbase. It was suck a joy to meet you guys/gals, and saw some families. I know I patted a few Pats on the back, brought them a drink, and talked to them about SP building the Saints using a NE blue print. Still have a ways to go, but they were very nice explianing what makes a good football team. It was a fun night.

We call Atlanta Fans the Philly of the south. We lost so much for 40 years with the worst record in the NFL, they constantly made fun of us. Started fights, threw drinks on us, screamed swear words with kids around. They have alot of gangs there, and we always travel in packs when we have to support the team.
Still remember them egging the Greenbay player bus. SF has gangs in the stands also. We have learned from being so made fun of over the years not to bring kids to Atlanta, philly, Jets, Giants, Bills, SF, Bears, seahawks, raiders, and etc teams. Never forgave Bears for icing the field, and their fans having "We will finish what Katrina started" signs in 2006.
We arnt perfect either, but we do have a fan code of conduct posted in the Superdome, and usually a Saints fan will tell one of our own to shut up if he goes to far. Seen it a few times, and told one or two myself. In fact if you violate the fan code of conduct you can lose your season seats or banned form going to games.
Atlanta has lost alot of the old south values, become strip malls and high rises. NO/LA still has alot of the old south values and culture, and losing for 40 years weeded out all the non dedicated Saints fans. We just support the boys, and I think learn to make fun of losing. But when the game starts we are going to support the boys and win :p. We know we will never be the best but its our boys and we love them and football.
I think all fans should look at NE fans also. Very gracious in victory, and a model of being a true champion fans base. NE never made fun of us when we played, and we are not afriad to bring our kids to NE. NO fans are always impressed by the NE fans. True football fans with lots of knowlege, and a joy to talk to.

we do try to mix when we travel but dorks
-ed05e81b6fb945fd.JPG
Pretty ballsy of you to go to San Diego. I went to a Pats game there years ago and could not believe how unsafe that stadium was. Gangs of Mexican punks roamed the concourses picking fights with visiting fans. I saw one Patriots fan with blood streaming down his face. I almost didn't get into the men's restroom because Chargers fans kept cutting in front of me. Stadium security there was non-existent. A woman I sat next to said, "Good luck making it out of here alive." Unbelievable in that dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe