PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- What will Goodell do? Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you're all awful people.

I'm not sure about that. I probably don't know as many Marines as do you, but most of the ones I've met would be mightily pissed off and would let him know so in no uncertain terms (as my friends are fond of saying, "You can always tell a Marine, but you can't tell him much"), but they wouldn't cause him physical harm.

My brother was a Marine, my Dad wounded at Cherbourgh in WWII, my brother-in-law a Marine drill sergeant who came home from Nam and died to PTSD, my wife's Dad killed in Germany, active duty, in a jeep accident. I couldn't get in because of a blasted knee (1978 - they were drawing down and not really looking for folks). Whole family, both sides, military.

To a one, they would tell you that they fought so that Kapaernick could do that. None of them would like it, but all of them, and I, would defend his right...and that's the whole point.

My brother was a Marine, my Dad wounded at Cherbourgh in WWII, my brother-in-law a Marine drill sergeant who came home from Nam and died to PTSD, my wife's Dad killed in Germany, active duty, in a jeep accident. I couldn't get in because of a blasted knee (1978 - they were drawing down and not really looking for folks). Whole family, both sides, military.

To a one, they would tell you that they fought so that Kapaernick could do that. None of them would like it, but all of them, and I, would defend his right...and that's the whole point.
Again none of this is about his right to say what he wants. This is about the rights of the NFL and 49rs to take action against him for say these things while on the clock. Freedom of speech does not apply to the workplace, only to government restricting it.

The reality is Kaepernick was probably going to get cut. Fox sports came out with a big story on why he should hours before he spoke. Now if the 49rs cut him it is a racial story about how the accused racist Chip Kelley did this and this paints the 49rd and NFL in a corner.

I believe this was a completely premeditated plan to keep from being cut and collecting his #. Kaepernick is always a guy who looks after #1.

Again none of this is about his right to say what he wants. This is about the rights of the NFL and 49rs to take action against him for say these things while on the clock. Freedom of speech does not apply to the workplace, only to government restricting it.

The reality is Kaepernick was probably going to get cut. Fox sports came out with a big story on why he should hours before he spoke. Now if the 49rs cut him it is a racial story about how the accused racist Chip Kelley did this and this paints the 49rd and NFL in a corner.

I believe this was a completely premeditated plan to keep from being cut and collecting his #. Kaepernick is always a guy who looks after #1.

Interesting. So your theory is that Kap is using his anti-American behavior as leverage NOT to get cut?

I've been focusing on the "respect for the country" aspect of this issue and not the cause-effect in the workplace/employment angle.

Personally, if I were his boss I would suspend/fire him. But thats me...

On a related front, as some may know Kap converted to Islam and is engaged to a BLM activist. As worrisome that is, its a free country.

No question Chip is gonna wack him. He can't run his offense and he is a brat.

Theoretically Kap COULD go public with his opinion and cause a HUGE ****storm for himself, the SF49ers and the NFL.

Wow....

Last edited:
Interesting. So your theory is that Kap is using his ani-American behavior as leverage NOT to get cut?

I've been focusing on the "respect for the country" aspect of this issue and not the cause-effect in the workplace/employment angle.

Personally, if I were his boss I would suspend/fire him. But thats me...

On a related front, as some may know Kap converted to Islam and is engaged to a BLM activist. As worrisome that is, its a free country.

No question Chip is gonna wack him. He can't run his offense and he is a brat.

Yes I believe this is exactly it and my guess is it will work. Worse case for him is he gets cut and then goes on to claim that it was because he spoke out. Also he may be counting on othert black players backing him. I have already read many articles etc... praising his courage for speaking out. This is a 100% set up. If he was their #1 QB not at risk of being cut we would have never heard a peep from him. He said these things hours after this Why the 49ers would be wise to cut Colin Kaepernick

Yes I believe this is exactly it and my guess is it will work. Worse case for him is he gets cut and then goes on to claim that it was because he spoke out. Also he may be counting on othert black players backing him. I have already read many articles etc... praising his courage for speaking out. This is a 100% set up. If he was their #1 QB not at risk of being cut we would have never heard a peep from him. He said these things hours after this Why the 49ers would be wise to cut Colin Kaepernick

Well, I think Chip can point to how sucky he is as ample justification for his axing and people with knoweldge of the situation (and his play) would understand.

Chip also (unfairly) has the perception of being anti-black (thanks to ****head SAS.)

I'll stop short that he is in fact laying the groundwork for extortion rooted in racial leverage but because of the potential for such a huge story, the 49ers ownership would want to keep him.

Knowing Dover, NH's own Chip Kelly, he doesn't give a ****.

There's a good chance he was going to get cut anyway.

Now if Chip Kelly cuts him, prepare for people (mainly Stephen A Smith) to cry: "RACISM".

I doubt many teams want to bring in such a major distraction since he claims he'll continue to sit during anthems.

Let him sulk at home on twitter all day while he retweets professional race baiters who distort the reality of race in the US.

Tim Horton's coffee is awful.
Tim's and Dunkin are probably about even in all honesty, but when it comes to food it's Tim's by a mile. It's like Belichick to Norv Turner. Plus Dunkin has universal poor customer service. Like 10℅ of the time they **** it up. Never had a problem at Tim's.

Tim's and Dunkin are probably about even in all honesty, but when it comes to food it's Tim's by a mile. It's like Belichick to Norv Turner. Plus Dunkin has universal poor customer service. Like 10℅ of the time they **** it up. Never had a problem at Tim's.

No question on TH food and the service. The egg sandwiches are excellent. Plus the chili hot bowls are pretty good.

The coffee.....I dunna know. It just tastes burnt to me. I've been traveling on biz to Canada for 20+ years and I just can't get past it. I've tried. I'll drink 99.9% of the coffee out there. I'll only get it if I have no alternative

With that said DD is average coffee. It's comfort coffee. So used to it.

Come to think of it, he's probably a Starbucks mocha chocha late type of guy.

Rumor has it that he once received the wrong drink and left angry. Burned the Starbucks logo on his cup.
That ain't even coffee at that point (in my book anything other than Kahlua is unacceptable). If you can't drink coffee the way it's meant to be drank then you should get out!

No question on TH food and the service. The egg sandwiches are excellent. Plus the chili hot bowls are pretty good.

The coffee.....I dunna know. It just tastes burnt to me. I've been traveling on biz to Canada for 20+ years and I just can't get past it. I've tried. I'll drink 99.9% of the coffee out there. I'll only get it if I have no alternative

With that said DD is average coffee. It's comfort coffee. So used to it.
McDonalds is really underrated, best value coffee there is. I bet BB picks that on the road even though he's loaded anyways.

McDonalds is really underrated, best value coffee there is. I bet BB picks that on the road even though he's loaded anyways.

That is a great question. Is BB a DD guy? Starbucks? McDonalds or does he swing thru the Cumby's and the the .99$ all-you can drink special?

Wasn't gonna say anything until I got thru 4 pages of posts. My 2 cents. It's America so he has the absolute right to protest. If sf wants to cut him and pay 12 mil so he can play elsewhere or nowhere that is there right.

The sad part is that no matter what he does the country is split and neither side is open to having the "discussion" that his sitting is trying to spark. You may not like how he is protesting but it doesn't make his point less valid.

coffee at Cumberland Farms isnt that bad either, sure you have to make it yourself, but for $1 and anysize, ....

McDonalds uses Newsmans own...

Wasn't gonna say anything until I got thru 4 pages of posts. My 2 cents. It's America so he has the absolute right to protest. If sf wants to cut him and pay 12 mil so he can play elsewhere or nowhere that is there right.

The sad part is that no matter what he does the country is split and neither side is open to having the "discussion" that his sitting is trying to spark. You may not like how he is protesting but it doesn't make his point less valid.
Is his salary guaranteed this year,i thought his contract was team friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back