PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What an awesome sight in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Kevin Everitt walking into the Bills lockerroom and is going to be on the sidelines for the game.

That's awesome! :)

It's an amazing story and not just because he lived through a nearly fatal injury because of fast action from the medical staff.

He also avoided paralysis because of quick thinking and recent research in using ice-cold saline solution to put him in a hypothermic state on the field to decrease spinal cord damage due to swelling. And he recovered enough in the last few months to be able to walk into the locker room and be on the sidelines for his team's final home game.

Just amazing.

Great news. I missed the pre-game & didn't know this.

I hope that they show it on the highlights on ESPN because, short of a 109.8 yard run back, there will be no better play today

One of my favorite moments of the season. Super cool. Not only is Everett doing very well, but the high profile nature of his case helped establish a new way of treating spinal cord injuries. Which is gonna help many people in the future.

His doctor deserves a Nobel Prize. And I mean that sincerely.

His doctor deserves a Nobel Prize. And I mean that sincerely.

Seriously. Unreal that he can walk into a locker room after early diagnoses said he was going to be a paraplegic.

Fabulous story.....:) :)

Seriously. Unreal that he can walk into a locker room after early diagnoses said he was going to be a paraplegic.

Or that he'd live through the night (which I think was in question that first night). Although it does nothing in terms of this season, the emotional lift to that franchise over this will be heartfelt and personal.

Good for you Mr. Everett.

This means more to me than the Patriots run at history.

Seriously, this is wonderful news.

when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you meant the weather. It's just coming down in sheets! Sure hope that isn't headed this way.

You're right about Kevin Everett though. Just an amazing story. There's a great (long) article on him and his recovery on cnnsi.com. I'd link to it but I'm lazy.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST