PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vince Young Missing His $26M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patron is for Posers, and morons with too much money.

uh..you may certainly be right ...BUT...I think, at THIS point in my life,I'd like to try out that "moron with too much money" role...you know...just to see how it wears...heh

I hate tequila. Give me beer or give me whiskey (bourbon, Scotch, doesn't matter).

I used to as well, until I tried the really good stuff. Straight up, sipping, with a nice beer on the side, and maybe a slice or two of lime. None of that lemon, salt, shoot it crap.

Personally, I drink bourbon, then sour mash. I also usually have a 30-rack of PBR in the fridge, so what do I know about taste, eh? :D

Patron is for Posers, and morons with too much money.

uh..you may certainly be right ...BUT...I think, at THIS point in my life,I'd like to try out that "moron with too much money" role...you know...just to see how it wears...heh

You and me both, Joker. You and me both. Just once I'd like to be able to go out on the town and not think about the balance on my credit card..... :rocker:

They really should have a mandatory financial/money management class for rookie players in their first 2 or 3 years in the league so that this crap can stop happening. Since the NFL really doesn't seem to care whether or not these guys get a real education this is the least they could do to try and curb all these players going broke so quickly. Its pathetic and sad to watch.

While I sympathize with him on some level (it's not always easy for a young kid going through the celebrity whirlwind to know what to do with his money, or who to trust), I will never sympathize with an athlete who suddenly has to "get a job" because he hasn't accrued enough money to never work again for the next 50 years. Welcome to the club buddy, most people in their late 20's still have to do SOMETHING.

They really should have a mandatory financial/money management class for rookie players in their first 2 or 3 years in the league so that this crap can stop happening. Since the NFL really doesn't seem to care whether or not these guys get a real education this is the least they could do to try and curb all these players going broke so quickly. Its pathetic and sad to watch.

They do. I don't know how extensive it is, but based on what I've read it's pretty damn extensive, including referrals to financial advisors.

On one hand I'm pissed, because I know that if I had that kind of money my family would be set up for generations, but on the other hand it's really sad that these guys don't have the ability to control the gifts they've been given.

Man should have had a decent financial advisor, rather than some crack head setting up a shop with his friends to "help" Young with his "investments".

Man was paying his agent 10%, tops. He's gonna pay 20% for a LOAN? Even my 14 year old daughter knows the downside of that. :cool:

I'm not losing any sleep over this story.

FWIW, the CBA specifically limits agent commissions on player contracts to 3%.

They do. I don't know how extensive it is, but based on what I've read it's pretty damn extensive, including referrals to financial advisors.

Two things:

(1) It's also at least partly dependent on the team. For example, Heath Evans once talked about how when he was with the Patriots, he was actually put in touch with the folks at Dunkin Donuts about the possibility of opening up DDs down south.

(2) Let's not forget that many of these young men do also try to help their families, not all of whom have had the easiest lives.

That said, of course, there are smart ways and not so smart ways of doing so. This example from the Patriots strikes me as both smart and not-so-smart.

I used to as well, until I tried the really good stuff. Straight up, sipping, with a nice beer on the side, and maybe a slice or two of lime. None of that lemon, salt, shoot it crap.

Personally, I drink bourbon, then sour mash. I also usually have a 30-rack of PBR in the fridge, so what do I know about taste, eh? :D

Did you take a picture of it with your new Nikon and then smoke an American Spirit afterward, you hipster? :D

I prefer Hornitos Silver. Better taste, half the price. Patron is for Posers, and morons with too much money.

t-057.jpg

Agreed on all counts. If you happen to be a moron with too much money however, I would recommend Don Julio--Anejo. The best I've had, at least of the mass-produced tequilas. Disturbingly smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes